WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1493199 said:
:lmao2:

Troublemaker! :p:
It's important to some people that QC's contribution to this team stands out in some way. So I want to be able say with absolute certainty that in this category, Quincy is in a class all by himself. No other Cowboys quarterback can say they accomplished what he did which is:

Be the last QB to win 10 games, "lead" us to the playoffs, and then get booted off the team the following year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;1493243 said:
Wow ....... this was one of "those" threads ....... and I missed it :mad:

I went through the thread pretty fast ..... but from what I could gather

Charles ,still being upset 4 years later about losing his beloved QC, called Rick James a biggot ...... Dallas East then put something in ilovejerry's mouth which prompted a pity party involving "Mary Jane" and a Canadian ..... this caused Charles to exile himself to Quincyland.

that about right?
Yep, that about sums it up, but I think your summary lacks the heighten passion which Carter fans forever feel for Quincy; and the annoyance of Cowboy fans dealing with a nearly four-year old pity party (which doesn't seem to have an end in sight). I do like the Cliff Notes version though. :)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;1493243 said:
Wow ....... this was one of "those" threads ....... and I missed it :mad:

I went through the thread pretty fast ..... but from what I could gather

Charles ,still being upset 4 years later about losing his beloved QC, called Rick James a biggot ...... Dallas East then put something in ilovejerry's mouth which prompted a pity party involving "Mary Jane" and a Canadian ..... this caused Charles to exile himself to Quincyland.

that about right?

I don't know what you have been reading but I thought this was a sit around the camp fire and sing kumbaya thread...well until we had beans and started a blazing saddles fart-a-thon. ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1493251 said:
It's important to some people that QC's contribution to this team stands out in some way. So I want to be able say with absolute certainty that in this category, Quincy is in a class all by himself. No other Cowboys quarterback can say they accomplished what he did which is:

Be the last QB to win 10 games, "lead" us to the playoffs, and then get booted off the team the following year.
The problem is that anyone can evaluate your correct assessment of Carter's contribution and place a label of "little impact" as it pertains to Cowboy history. Yet, to this day, Carter, to some, should be regarded as some "huge contributor"; AND that, as a consequence, we should forever honor him and be compassionate of his unceasingly personal mistakes in judgment.

:insane:

Overall, Quincy Carter's contribution (i.e. his career as a Cowboy) to this franchise doesn't amount to a hill of beans. He had his shot. It is done. Over. He should join other ex-Cowboys, who have had short and unremarkable careers with the franchise:

The forgotten (and very seldom spoken about) bin.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mickgreen58;1493263 said:
So Charles got banned?

Wow

- Mike G.
And that's a damn shame because when he isn't talking about Quincy Carter or certain elements of the quarterback position, he is a pretty good poster.

superpunk

Reaction score
DallasEast;1493271 said:
And that's a damn shame because when he isn't talking about Quincy Carter or certain elements of the quarterback position, he is a pretty good poster.

You could certainly add a few other topics to that list, on which he went into Q-Card mode. He lost it a while ago.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DallasEast;1493268 said:
Yet, to this day, Carter, to some, should be regarded as some "huge contributor"; AND that, as a consequence, we should forever honor him and be compassionate of his unceasingly personal mistakes in judgment.

Meh

The real bottom line is that Quincy Carter is an extremely controversial person and has been since Owner Jerry broke his back and the franchise's when he reached for him in the 2nd round.

Quincy Carter represented all that is controversial in America and alot of other countries around the globe: Race, Drugs, Pampered Professional Athletes, money and last but not least, America's Team. I think Carter embodied pretty much all of the above characteristics and alot of people with extreme views on both sides of the argument used him to promote their own opinions on the aforementioned characteristics that he seems to typify.

That is why he will continue to have supporters and detractors with extreme views, probably until his playing career, no matter what level, is over with.

- Mike G.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1493278 said:
Yes and we're very accommodating moderators. If you ask, we'll certainly oblige.
That is so weird to me. Where's his self-restraint? Heck, I dislike Owens, but I don't comment on every mention of him on the board. Or even negatively, for that matter. :rolleyes:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mickgreen58;1493287 said:
Meh

The real bottom line is that Quincy Carter is an extremely controversial person and has been since Owner Jerry broke his back and the franchise's when he reached for him in the 2nd round.

Quincy Carter represented all that is controversial in America and alot of other countries around the globe: Race, Drugs, Pampered Professional Athletes, money and last but not least, America's Team. I think Carter embodied pretty much all of the above characteristics and alot of people with extreme views on both sides of the argument used him to promote their own opinions on the aforementioned characteristics that he seems to typify.

That is why he will continue to have supporters and detractors with extreme views, probably until his playing career, no matter what level, is over with.

- Mike G.
But WE make him into a controversial figure. He really isn't. Let's forget for a second where he was drafted, drugs, etc.

He was a quarterback.
He had a three-year career.
He wasn't a full-time starter until his final season.
His overall status are unremarkable.

Forget about the rest of the league. How many other ex-Cowboys alone had similar careers that NO ONE talks about years later? That's my point.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mickgreen58;1493287 said:
Meh

- Mike G.

I think that pretty much sums it up Mick.:cool:

I will add that it is the premier position on one of, if not the, most visible sports teams in the world. So the spot light shines brighter here.

Another thing to consider is we have been pampered with some pretty good QBs over the history of the boys with the likes of Dandy Don, Roger and Troy.

I think most QBs may gain a sense of loyal followings while also get a group of people that are detractors because of fans both the team and the great lineage of QBs in our teams history.

Even today we have people thinking that Romo IS the next guy in that line, not hoping but thinking he is...while we have other guys thinking Romo is going bat crap crazy for dating someone and doing a beauty contest.

The position and team itself lends a great deal of extreme views on one side or the other, I think it was just magnified even more for many of the reasons you posted about and nobody should be naive enough to think race did/does not play a part in it on both sides of the fence. Not for all but for some.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;1493296 said:
But WE make him into a controversial figure. He really isn't. Let's forget for a second where he was drafted, drugs, etc.

He was a quarterback.
He had a three-year career.
He wasn't a full-time starter until his final season.
His overall status are unremarkable.

Forget about the rest of the league. How many other ex-Cowboys alone had similar careers that NO ONE talks about years later? That's my point.

That is partially true that we make him into a controversial figure but it is not entirely true.

We did not make him get paranoid when other QBs were brought in. We did not make him violate the league substance abuse rule multiple times. We did not cause the jets not to keep him. We did not cause the CFL team to cut him.

See it can, and does, go both ways.

If QC never had any problems you would still have some with major issues against him. How ever I doubt it would be this bad if he was gone just because he did not work out and never had any other issues.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasEast;1493271 said:
I always liked Charles and he knows that. At one time, back when he was still calling himself Qcard we talked about going to a Cowboys game at Fed Ex together.

There is no doubt that he and I have had our differences, especially over Carter. That was, and always has been his blind spot. By saying that I'm not saying he was blind to Carter. On that topic he simply cannot be rational.

When others pointed out to him that by calling me a bigot he was indeed insinuating that I am racist, he wasn't man enough to simply say he was sorry and that wasn't what he was trying to get across. Instead he tucked his tail and ran.

Now he can bash this forum on other forums to his delight and the sheep will all bleat their approval of how right he is and how horrible we are.

I wonder if they will even ponder the fact that though he called me one of the most foul things in the world I didn't warn him, give him an infraction, suspend him or ban him? He threw himself on the sword.

I'd have been happy with an apology. In fact, I'd have been happier.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1493302 said:
Now he can bash this forum on other forums to his delight and the sheep will all bleat their approval of how right he is and how horrible we are.
Well, if he takes that course, I hope that he'll point out that his self-restraint on this topic was practically nonexistent; and that he chose to ban himself instead of accepting the fact that Carter's aura of influence is tiny and understandably weak.