Quinn getting 2nd interviews with Tennessee and Washington

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn leaving is a forgone conclusion at this point. The question is who do we replace him with. Are there any “big name” established, experienced D coordinator available? Or are we going to be taking a shot on an “up and comer” type?
If Jerry isn't replacing McCarthy in the last year of his contract, I don't see any big name DC coming here knowing Jerry could blow it all up if McCarthy fails the task again. Not unless they have a tacit agreement to be the next HC. I say he promotes from within the organization.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
giphy.gif

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I wonder what direction they take….in house with whitt? Al harris the players love and he could be good but he has zero play calling or scheme design experience, he’s a motivator/technique guy.

They also need to find someone whose ok joining a potentially lame duck staff which is why I keep bringing up zimmer bc Jerry loves him and he’d probably be ok joining a coach in the last year of a deal.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder what direction they take….in house with whitt? Al harris the players love and he could be good but he has zero play calling or scheme design experience, he’s a motivator/technique guy.

They also need to find someone whose ok joining a potentially lame duck staff which is why I keep bringing up zimmer bc Jerry loves him and he’d probably be ok joining a coach in the last year of a deal.
McCarthy has zip control over Quinn. I wonder if he lets Zimmer decide who becomes OC.

CoachD

Reaction score
That would be awesome if the "Commanders" sign him up for the head coaching position because that will guarantee that the Cowboys will be able to run the ball at will against that defense and if the "Commanders" ever have a big lead against the Cowboys the Cowboys will be able to come back and win.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Seattle needs to hire him already and end the charade.
This. Have they not offered enough? We know Jerry paid him to stay, but are the Seahawks trying to lowball? We all more or less know he's going here if he wants out.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
If Jerry isn't replacing McCarthy in the last year of his contract, I don't see any big name DC coming here knowing Jerry could blow it all up if McCarthy fails the task again. Not unless they have a tacit agreement to be the next HC. I say he promotes from within the organization.
Agreed, but I bet you Jerry tries to push Mike Zimmer on him first. Which, honestly, seems like a perfect plan to get Micah to leave in free agency. No way those two would get along.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Read an article where Whitt or the Assistant HC/Defensive line coach from the Ravens would be a good replacement if he leaves

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think his best bet is Tennessee. Those other two candidates aren’t that strong.

And if he does leave, I think Jerry will try to lure Mike Zimmer back. Mike knows Zim well from his day at GB. Don’t be surprised folks….
Washington has a ton of capital. Plus the 2nd overall pick in a QB strong draft. I hope he goes there because that will limit their upside. A strong hire and they could be a problem down the line

phildadon86

Reaction score
He's going to get a job.

Now, his replacement better not be another Rob Ryan/Rod Marinelli/Mike Nolan type. I don't trust this FO when it comes to hiring on that side of the ball.
Problem is they have a lame duck coach. No DC worth his salt would take that job. Unless the promise is HC the year after.

BB maybe? Let him be DC and asst HC and move him up with a new QB to draft in 2025.

Soth

Reaction score
I’m concerned about where we go with the defense if Quinn is gone.
Concerned about what? The packers scored 40+ points on us. Miami and the Bills lit us up near the end of the regular season?

DQ is not the answer. We need a change.

Big_D

Reaction score
Concerned about what? The packers scored 40+ points on us. Miami and the Bills lit us up near the end of the regular season?

DQ is not the answer. We need a change.

Since the niner debacle in October the D has absolutely stunk. Can't hang with a single quality team. And the Packer game was a complete embarrassment. Time to move on.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’ve been saying for the last two off-seasons that he was waiting for Seattle to open up.

Then again, I’m right only so often lol.

I really don’t know how I feel about this guy. I’m just as mad as everyone else at the moment but I can’t shake the feeling that Quinn may be the all around most talented coach we have.

I don’t think things are in line for him to succeed MM…so at this point Quinn has to take the best offer he gets, even if it’s only one. Needs to get out of here quickly before this turns to true hell.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He's going to get a job.

Now, his replacement better not be another Rob Ryan/Rod Marinelli/Mike Nolan type. I don't trust this FO when it comes to hiring on that side of the ball.
I don’t trust this FO to do much of anything outside of the draft.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don’t trust this FO to do much of anything outside of the draft.
Not fully true.

You’ll get a backup guard and a DT that spent some time on the Indianapolis practice squad that they “really like.”

#secretsauce