Quinn getting 2nd interviews with Tennessee and Washington

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
This is what I’m worried about. His defense was unacceptable at times this year. But he’s still the best defensive coordinator we’ve had in a very long time.
It doesn’t matter. The really good offensive coordinator’s own him and that’s always the case in the playoffs.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Dallas had one of the most prolific offenses in the entire NFL, but fired the offensive coordinator.
Dallas had one of the top defenses in the NFL over the last few seasons, and now folks can't wait to ditch the defensive coordinator.

But Dallas is keeping the chokasaurus QB.
They are also keeping the head coach that left them completely unprepared to take the field in a playoff game.

Strange decision making.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I think his best bet is Tennessee. Those other two candidates aren’t that strong.

And if he does leave, I think Jerry will try to lure Mike Zimmer back. Mike knows Zim well from his day at GB. Don’t be surprised folks….
Nothing against aging Mike Zimmer, but he is not the one we should be getting, we need a young and upcoming coach who can scheme against the modern day offenses

Aven8

Reaction score
Nothing against aging Mike Zimmer, but he is not the one we should be getting, we need a young and upcoming coach who can scheme against the modern day offenses
Oh I agree. But think like Jerry.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
I am on the fence with Quinn. Although his defense looked great at times when they were getting the sacks and turnovers, his approach definitely appeared pedestrian when playing against playoff-caliber teams. I can't figure if it's the scheme or limitations in personnel. Was he trying to make the best of the hand he was dealt and make lemonade out of lemons? They drafted a DT to help against the run and he was a disappointment - at least for this year; and then LVE, their best run-stopping LB was lost for the year combined with the loss of a promising-rookie LB in Overshown. And we also got regression from the safety position. It's not like he had Fred Warner and Roquan Smith at linebacker and Kyle Hamilton at safety to work with. Maybe if he had this type of talent to work with, the wheels wouldn't have fallen off against Green Bay.

DenCWBY

Reaction score

DQ sees the writing on the wall with the DC and he's gone as far as he can go with this team. Jerry and son mean more of the same poor HC, cap and contract decisions with limited strategy to build a competitive playoff team. Just more of the same over the last 27 years of selling the same snake oil to its fans. Some coaches want to win, and some want to get paid.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed, but I bet you Jerry tries to push Mike Zimmer on him first. Which, honestly, seems like a perfect plan to get Micah to leave in free agency. No way those two would get along.
I wouldn't mind Zimmer being DC or HC or both. Interesting assessment about Micah not getting along with him. Recon that Quinn never put any limits on him?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Quinn leaving is a forgone conclusion at this point. The question is who do we replace him with. Are there any “big name” established, experienced D coordinator available? Or are we going to be taking a shot on an “up and comer” type?
Why do you think it is a forgone conclusion?

He’s not getting a HC’s job. You’d have to be a Moron to let Quinn lead your organization.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He's going to get a job.

Now, his replacement better not be another Rob Ryan/Rod Marinelli/Mike Nolan type. I don't trust this FO when it comes to hiring on that side of the ball.
Why would he get a job as a HC?

He has already failed once as a HC AND his defense was as unprepared as a defense could have been for the GB debacle. Gotta love safeties playing MLBer on the goalie AND getting steamrolled!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unfortunately, no one is going to hire DQ, Dallas will be stuck with him :thumbdown: