Twitter: Quinn to Stay in Dallas

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He probably knows there is a better than good chance he gets the Dallas position if McCarthy flops again next year.
He can't be thinking that way right now. He needs to be focused on the task at hand of keeping this defense together and building on what he has already done. Advancing a 6-10 team in 2020 to a 12-5 team the following year is not descriptive of a "flop" by McCarthy. With that characterization of Mike's performance in 2021, you obviously have an agenda to throw shade on our HC rather than be objective.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
He probably knows there is a better than good chance he gets the Dallas position if McCarthy flops again next year.
The team as a whole will struggle next year. So will the fans want Quinn as a head coach if the defense take a noticeable step back?

It is possible since the Cowboys will play GB, Tenn, Bengals, Tampa, and L.A.

I think he is staying because there might be better teams that will be looking for head coaches next year.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The downside of this is this probably makes a DL overhaul less likely as I'm sure Quinn will overrate guys he knows.

Yeah I like Quinn and can understand Neal's playing time, but IMO Kazee should have played ST and maybe 3 snaps on defense by the EOY.

EST_1986

Reaction score
This isn't news to me. I never believed Quinn would leave this defense he has built with the Cowboys after only one year. Thanks for posting this Twitter report. Many of you were sold on the idea that Dan Quinn was as good as gone, shame on you all. I never took the bait.
He took multiple interviews and 2nd interviews, you are a fool if you think the possibility of him leaving wasn't real

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I wonder how much this coaching continuity will influence Jerry to keep the higher priced contracts like Amari and Lawrence for one more run next year? It would be nice if he could find a happy medium between the bargain bin shopping they usually do and what the Rams have done to go all in. Got to have better QB play though. Dak has to shake those ghosts this offseason and Kellen needs to figure out how to adjust.

blueblood70

Reaction score
says A LOT on how he feels about MM and this team. Fans think otherwise but hes confident we are a great team and will go further next year or would have left for at least 2 offers to run his own show. Speaks volumes..really does. says a lot on how he feels about the full coaching staff, team, and ownership or he would have bailed.

fan base had him gone and well all that talk was moot , premature as usual.

cmoney23

Reaction score
I'm happy to hear this. We went all in with him in the draft and FA last year on. I'd hate to make those investments to see him leave.

Good retention.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He took multiple interviews and 2nd interviews, you are a fool if you think the possibility of him leaving wasn't real
You're a fool for picking fights with strangers on CZ and inviting them to meet you in person to settle the score. You should be banned for that alone!

DQ may have been interested in one other job. It never hurts to listen to what others have to offer you. I always thought the chances of him leaving the Cowboys were low and I've been proven to be right. It's not logical to call me foolish for thoughts that turned out to be correct, but then again no one ever accused you of being a logical thinker. ;)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Getting Quinn back is MASSIVE. Finally, they will have some continuity on defense. Have to assume players like Kearse & Kazee will stay, as well.