Quinn today

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;1123330 said:
Maybe they should just change schedules every week to make sure teams continue to play ranked teams. :rolleyes:

Think about it.

Weiss still hasnt beaten a team ranked in the top 20.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1123331 said:
Weiss still hasnt beaten a team ranked in the top 20.

That may be true, at least while they were currently ranked in the top 20. They've beaten teams that were previously ranked in the top 20, and more relevantly, teams that finished the year in the top 20.

All well and good though. I don't recall saying that Notre Dame is even a good team. I simply disagree with the assumption that Navy is a poor "division 2" team, and that Notre Dame's schedule is a breeze.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
cowboys19;1122964 said:
Hostile i know you have your doubts which you should its natural, but let me give you this.

Garcias first year he had a 77.9 QB rating with a even TD to INT ratio. was a guy making his first starts and looked average.

His next year what happened? 97.6 QB rating, with 31 Td's, and only 10 Picks

And Gracia does remind me of Romo alot, they both have alot of the same qualities. Romo may not be as good a scrambler tho.

Just saying
Except Garcia's career is on hold

burmafrd

Reaction score
Just say no, you are the one that looked like a fool. Not me. You not only got owned, your rental is up as well.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
tomson75;1123341 said:
That may be true, at least while they were currently ranked in the top 20. They've beaten teams that were previously ranked in the top 20, and more relevantly, teams that finished the year in the top 20.

All well and good though. I don't recall saying that Notre Dame is even a good team. I simply disagree with the assumption that Navy is a poor "division 2" team, and that Notre Dame's schedule is a breeze.

They played one real team this year and were thumped.

People who claim Navy could beat 3-4 teams in each BCS conference, come on set out which ones, and show me where they beat such teams.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile;1122975 said:
Exactly and the same can be said of anyone who wanted Bledsoe to fail.

Gee TH. No one wanted him to fail.

We just kinda, well, knew he would.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1123483 said:
Gee TH. No one wanted him to fail.

We just kinda, well, knew he would.
Au contraire mon frere. I can actually show you threads from Monday and Tuesday talking about relief and how happy people were that he threw an INT.

"Happy."

That's wrong.

Eddie

Reaction score
Mansta54;1122953 said:
After the next 3 games, this board won't be talking about any other QB except ROMO.. The kid can play, he's the real deal!!!!!

I love it. I almost missed the satirical context. This is Shakespeare at his best. :)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1123463 said:
They played one real team this year and were thumped.

People who claim Navy could beat 3-4 teams in each BCS conference, come on set out which ones, and show me where they beat such teams.

First off, no one mentioned the "BCS", but whatever...

They beat East Carolina - Fourth best team in conferece USA, so I'm assuming they could beat the eight teams beneath them.

They crushed Stanford 37-9. I'd have to assume they could beat the other three bottom-feeders in the Pac-10. Although I have no proof of such.

They only lost by one point to Tulsa, the best team in C-USA.

They beat Uconn, the second worst team in the Big East...convincingly I might add. 41-17. Could probably beat some others here as well.

They beat Air Force, a team that lost to (at the time) #11 Tennessee by only one point (31-30).

They are more competetive than you're giving them credit for.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
burmafrd;1123004 said:
Good plays by a QB are never meaningless. really have to question people who have such a vicious need to hate a college team.

Come on burmafrd, much of the 'vicious hatred' of ND is born of college rivalries..as a Boston College alum I feel sworn to defile Notre Dame (even tho ND and Army were my dad's teams, and I grew up on stories about what Paul Hornung had done on such and such a day :D ).

And of course the hatred is at least one part respect, one part envy, one part tradition, and one part nostalgia for my college days when NOTHING was better than Saturday afternoons.

I agree that college football is not just about championships and a minor league feed for the NFL, not even primarily so. It's about unity, pure rivalry, and the beginnings of adulthood experienced and shared thru a game.

I love college hoops as well...it's a totally different experience - championship aspect and NCAA rankings mean little to me. I try NOT to watch college games asking myself 'will he have a shot in the pros?' or 'hope he gets an invite to the combine'. But it's hard not to get sucked up in that tornado.

BTW, props to your school and mine for maintaining the consistently proud graduation rates....altho abandoning the Big East was at least partially a forerunner to lowering the standards on Chestnut Hill (and I've always been convinced Holtz played fast and loose with admission policies when he was at South Bend).

rah rah:)

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Hostile;1123485 said:
Au contraire mon frere. I can actually show you threads from Monday and Tuesday talking about relief and how happy people were that he threw an INT.

"Happy."

That's wrong.

I think most of those who were happy were probably thinking of the greater good.

As much as I wanted to score there, and I was pissed when he threw that interception, I was relieved to see Romo in the game and that BP finally realized that Bledsoe just wouldn't and couldn't get it done.

Romo may not either, but I was darn happy to see Bledsoe on the bench because it signalled to me that BP wasn't as stubborn as I once thought and that him putting Romo in meant that he was our best chance to win, and that gives me a little bit of optimism towards the future. I just had a strong feeling that we just weren't going to go anywhere with Bledsoe, and I can't recall ever being as excited for an early season game since our glory days in the '90s as this Sunday.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1123581 said:
I think most of those who were happy were probably thinking of the greater good.

As much as I wanted to score there, and I was pissed when he threw that interception, I was relieved to see Romo in the game and that BP finally realized that Bledsoe just wouldn't and couldn't get it done.

Romo may not either, but I was darn happy to see Bledsoe on the bench because it signalled to me that BP wasn't as stubborn as I once thought and that him putting Romo in meant that he was our best chance to win, and that gives me a little bit of optimism towards the future. I just had a strong feeling that we just weren't going to go anywhere with Bledsoe, and I can't recall ever being as excited for an early season game since our glory days in the '90s as this Sunday.
The key word being "most."

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I'm still wondering what happened to Bonomo's Turkish Taffy.

And when did they start putting blue Fruit Loops in the mix?

Oh and Romo...fingers are crossed here kids because if he doesn't cut it, oh my, are we in a mess.

But hey, we're better than we were with Campo. Yippee.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
burmafrd;1123279 said:
another one. College football is NOT ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS. I feel sorry for you if that is all you see.
Just now on CBS they show ND and NAVY signing each others alma mater AFTER THE GAME. THAT is what college football is all about and if you cannot see that then its your loss.

What big time college football is about= ESPN on ABC example-
Texas funding for football= $14mil
Texas revenue from football= $54mil​
You can do the hokey pokey and turn it all around, but that's what it's all about.​

ghst187

Reaction score
jackrussell;1123694 said:
What big time college football is about= ESPN on ABC example-
Texas funding for football= $14mil
Texas revenue from football= $54mil​
You can do the hokey pokey and turn it all around, but that's what it's all about.​

SAD, INHUMANE, and CRIMINAL....but so TRUE!

If it weren't true, we wouldn't have to suffer through that freaking ********, NONSENSICAL, BIASED BCS system to CHOOSE (rather than let somoene win it in a playoff like EVERY OTHER SPORT IN THE FREE WORLD!) a champion.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Quinn couldn't hold Smith's Jock anyway!

ohiostatefootballjersey2.jpg

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1123784 said:
Quinn couldn't hold Smith's Jock anyway!

ohiostatefootballjersey2.jpg

Anyone who watched ND and Ohio St. today, or any other week of the season and thinks that Smith is a better pro prosect than Quinn is either ignorant, delusional or a few days away from being committed

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Juke99;1123594 said:
But hey, we're better than we were with Campo. Yippee.

we're vastly more talented

but when considering the results with the talent at hand of both situations, we are no "better"

Campo had 5-11 talent, and we had a 5-11 team

this isnt an 8-8 or 9-7 talent type team, yet it appears we're heading down that road again

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1123862 said:
Anyone who watched ND and Ohio St. today, or any other week of the season and thinks that Smith is a better pro prosect than Quinn is either ignorant, delusional or a few days away from being committed

I agree 100%

Smith will never be a quality NFL Starting QB

David