Quinn today

burmafrd

Reaction score
Powlus was a decent college QB and no more. Your hatred of ND is now making you see things that did not happen.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
burmafrd;1123260 said:
canadian- like I SAID your irrational hatred of ND is blinding you to what college football SHOULD be all about and to me that is Navy. Just take ND out of it and think about navy. BUT I doubt you can. YOur hatred blinds you. I feel sorry for you.

Notre Dame claims it is what college football is about, high academic standards, just recruiting good guys etc. Are you claiming Notre Dame ISN'T what college football is about?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1123259 said:
My god, Golden Homer doesnt begin to describe this.

Want to stick up for Powlus too while you are at it?

:laugh2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Already answered about Powlus- TWICE. You guys really make me laugh, your hatred of ND blinds you to everything else.
I asked you guys to just look at NAVY and forget about ND. BUT you have shown that you can't. Pathetic.

Bob Dole

Reaction score
burmafrd;1123260 said:
canadian- like I SAID your irrational hatred of ND is blinding you to what college football SHOULD be all about and to me that is Navy. Just take ND out of it and think about navy. BUT I doubt you can. YOur hatred blinds you. I feel sorry for you.

The Oakland Raiders try their hardest even though they have no talent and are the worst team in the NFL. Are they what the NFL is all about?

College Football is about winning championships - they don't give out trophies for what team has the most "heart".

burmafrd

Reaction score
another one. College football is NOT ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS. I feel sorry for you if that is all you see.
Just now on CBS they show ND and NAVY signing each others alma mater AFTER THE GAME. THAT is what college football is all about and if you cannot see that then its your loss.

Bob Dole

Reaction score
burmafrd;1123279 said:
another one. College football is NOT ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS. I feel sorry for you if that is all you see.
Just now on CBS they show ND and NAVY signing each others alma mater AFTER THE GAME. THAT is what college football is all about and if you cannot see that then its your loss.

No, no it isn't. It's a nice gesture - maybe it's about what being a good human being is all about, but it's not about what college football is all about.

Notre Dame doesn't practice all year long for a chance to sign their opponents alma mater after a game, they do it to win a championship.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kilyin;1123256 said:
Okay, well that's a bet I won't make. I think Bledsoe retires after this season, and no matter how well Romo does or doesn't do, we'll still need another QB, from somewhere.

I never wanted Bledsoe to fail here, I just didn't have much confidence that he'd succeed.
Ah, so when you actually read what I said in the first place you slam on the brakes and come to a screeching halt.

He said people will not talk about QBs any more.

I said "wanna bet?"

It had nothing to do with my lack of faith in Romo. Not one thing at all.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I am not posting any more about college football in this thread. The poor losers who think its all about who has the most talent and who wins championships are sad and pathetic. Only slightly more pathetic then those poor ones that hate ND so much that it spoils a great sport and atmosphere.
I enjoy division 3 football at local colleges. Not much talent there but lots of effort and no quit. watch small college football some and try and appreciate it.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1123279 said:

Get over yourself. Stop trying to tell me what College football is and isnt about.

To you, its about ND whipping up on far inferior opposition.

To me its about big rivalries, close games, huge comebacks and dramatic momentum swings.

To each their own.

Bob Dole

Reaction score
burmafrd;1123284 said:
I am not posting any more about college football in this thread. The poor losers who think its all about who has the most talent and who wins championships are sad and pathetic. Only slightly more pathetic then those poor ones that hate ND so much that it spoils a great sport and atmosphere.
I enjoy division 3 football at local colleges. Not much talent there but lots of effort and no quit. watch small college football some and try and appreciate it.

Bob Dole appreciates it. It's nice to watch, but incase you didn't notice, Division 3 schools play for a championship too.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
burmafrd;1123284 said:

Difference is, division 3 is crap vs crap. You aren't having a top 10 team playing a glorified division 2 team.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Hostile;1123283 said:
Ah, so when you actually read what I said in the first place you slam on the brakes and come to a screeching halt.

He said people will not talk about QBs any more.

I said "wanna bet?"

It had nothing to do with my lack of faith in Romo. Not one thing at all.

Yep, you win this one. Don't let it go to your head. I'll leave it at this, some people on this board shouldn't be allowed to talk. They know who they are. I'd be stupid to think that facts and performance on the field would actually have an impact on someone's flawed opinion.

But I can guarantee you this, if Romo had actually been drafted there'd be alot less "talk", regardless of his performance.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1123284 said:

Damn, now he is quitting? Talk about getting OWNED from all angles.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kilyin;1123298 said:
Yep, you win this one. Don't let it go to your head. I'll leave it at this, some people on this board shouldn't be allowed to talk. They know who they are. I'd be stupid to think that facts and performance on the field would actually have an impact on someone's flawed opinion.

But I can guarantee you this, if Romo had actually been drafted there'd be alot less "talk", regardless of his performance.
Too late.

:grin:

Everyone should have a voice here as long as they follow the rules.

I hear what you are saying about Romo's not being drafted. Same as his golf game. I don't bring those things up much, or that he played Division II instead of I. I don't care about that stuff. It's just window dressing or fluff.

He wasn't able to convincingly beat out a player that a large majority of the posters here claim sucks. Yet, he's a prodigy to hang hope on now. This despite his debut being one to forget.

I hope he succeeds in grand fashion because I honestly don't want to hear the fallout if he flops.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1123291 said:
Difference is, division 3 is crap vs crap. You aren't having a top 10 team playing a glorified division 2 team.

You have no clue what your talking about. Navy is easily a better team than four or five of the bottom teams in EVERY conference in D1-A...and they are so without the benefit of scholarship money. Last time i checked, the good teams in each conference still play the bad ones too. Calling them a "glorified division 2 team" is innacurate and ignorant.

Insinuating that Notre Dame's schedule is easy is ignorant too. I guess you've forgotten the 4 ranked teams they play. 2-1 in those games, by the way.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;1123314 said:
You have no clue what your talking about. Navy is easily a better team than four or five of the bottom teams in EVERY conference in D1-A...and they are so without the benefit of scholarship money. Last time i checked, the good teams in each conference still play the bad ones too. Calling them a "glorified division 2 team" is innacurate and ignorant.

Insinuating that Notre Dame's schedule is easy is ignorant too. I guess you've forgotten the 4 ranked teams they play. 2-1 in those games, by the way.

What team have they beat that is STILL ranked? Oh you mean Georgia Tech..real impressive.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1123319 said:
What team have they beat that is STILL ranked? Oh you mean Georgia Tech..real impressive.

Maybe they should just change schedules every week to make sure teams continue to play ranked teams. :rolleyes:

Think about it.