Quit trying so hard to get TO the ball

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2425280 said:
The first int was absolutely Romo's fault but the second wasn't. Romo put the ball right on him.

And he should have thrown it sooner....

When you stare down a WR on a three step drop, you as a defender can react accordingly.

TO had the ball for a split second and was blown up....

You guys have to be kidding me in thinking that he SHOULD have held on the ball..

9 out of 10 WR in the league would have dropped that ball. Romo should have thrown it sooner. If Landry wasn't staring him in the face he might have thrown it quicker.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don't get it. Aren't we supposed to try and get our #1 receiver and one of the our best play makers the ball? I didn't see anything that was forced.

Replace Irvin with TO, and I highly doubt a thread like this would exist.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;2425279 said:
Norm said he was targeted 10 times in the first half. Combine that with his 19 targets in the first Commanders game, that's 29 targets in 6 quarters of football. That's just absolutely outrageous. I'm not sure Jerry Rice got that high of a target percentage in 1986.

Romo and the offense works much better when we're utilizing the entire field and all our weapons.

10 times is the first half? I didn't count, but it didn't seem like they targeted TO that much. I don't have a problem with Garrett using one of our best weapons as much as possible. The problem is execution, i.e., good passes, good decisions, good routes, good catches, etc. Romo to TO will start to gel along with all of our other weapons. This stretch drive could be fun, guys.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40;2425081 said:
The Cowboys have playmakers all over the place, there is no need to do this. Hell, it's embarrassing how much our offense is wrapped up in worrying about TO, we're doing the defense a favor, wasting plays.

:confused:

this is a joke.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2425301 said:

When you stare down a WR on a three step drop, you as a defender can react accordingly.

You guys have to be kidding me in thinking that he SHOULD have held on the ball..

9 out of 10 WR in the league would have dropped that ball. Romo should have thrown it sooner. If Landry wasn't staring him in the face he might have thrown it quicker.

Exactly, I think it is hilarious to read here from some non-athletic, out-of-shape, couch potato computer nerd that T.O. HAS to catch that ball.

NONE of us has any earthly idea what it is like to battle and compete in an NFL game, and how physical it is.

He did have a drop over near the sideline, but the INT was not a drop. That was good defense.

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2425313 said:
I don't get it. Aren't we supposed to try and get our #1 receiver and one of the our best play makers the ball? I didn't see anything that was forced.

Replace Irvin with TO, and I highly doubt a thread like this would exist.

No because when we do... fans complain. They want to see the ball in the hands of Austin.

Everytime Austin messes up he has the dumbest ****'n face on, like he is in disbelief that he didnt look soon enough and Tony threw the ball.

Wish he wouldnt look so dumb. Thats what Crayton replaced him when the ball hit him and he wasnt looking.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2425330 said:
No because when we do... fans complain. They want to see the ball in the hands of Austin.

Everytime Austin messes up he has the dumbest ****'n face on, like he is in disbelief that he didnt look soon enough and Tony threw the ball.

Wish he wouldnt look so dumb. Thats what Crayton replaced him when the ball hit him and he wasnt looking.

I don't understand why Austin was getting more snaps than Crayton last night it seemed like..... it seems as if Crayton is the #4.

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2425338 said:
I don't understand why Austin was getting more snaps than Crayton last night it seemed like..... it seems as if Crayton is the #4.

They are trying to work him in...

He definitley stretches the field more and looks like Crayton went from #2 to #4....

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2425338 said:

I made the same observation. The only pass that was near Crayton was the one Romo threw away far downfield. Austin looked good last night, except for the miscommunication play. Crayton had better step up. Of course as fans, it's a good problem to have.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425241 said:
No he had a problem with the grip. As for Romo give me a break the guy is playing with a damaged finger and went out on the road and lead his team to a win.

I dont understand? "give you a break"?

Look... I am VERY PRO-Romo. With that said... I am very TO as well... but I will call any player on their faults.

Romo has to cut down on turnovers. OK, so he has an injury - fine. Even if I totally concede that... he turns the ball over too much.

Yeagermeister;2425280 said:
The first int was absolutely Romo's fault but the second wasn't. Romo put the ball right on him.

It was late. The 2nd pass.

McCordsville Cowboy;2425301 said:

Agreed that he was blown up. Maybe RWR holds on to it though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;2425360 said:
I dont understand? "give you a break"?

Look... I am VERY PRO-Romo. With that said... I am very TO as well... but I will call any player on their faults.

Romo has to cut down on turnovers. OK, so he has an injury - fine. Even if I totally concede that... he turns the ball over too much.

It was late. The 2nd pass.

Agreed that he was blown up. Maybe RWR holds on to it though.

His fault was he was injured or would you have rather seen Johnson or Bollinger? Romo was having some difficult in his 1st game back and playing with a bad finger that gave him some problems with his grip. For heaven sake cut the man some slack it is not his fault he is not perfect like you.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425375 said:
His fault was he was injured or would you have rather seen Johnson or Bollinger? Romo was having some difficult in his 1st game back and playing with a bad finger that gave him some problems with his grip. For heaven sake cut the man some slack it is not his fault he is not perfect like you.

Doom... I gotta say I have never seen you like this when we have disagreed in the past?? ;)

Give him a pass on the injuries but if he doesnt start making better decisions... then THAT coupled with the fact that this team CANT TACKLE... we wont go too far.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2425375 said:
We couldn't ask any more of Romo under the circumstances. And how 'bout dem O-linemen!!! Romo was barely touched all night. They say Washington has no pass rush anyway. So what? Our O-line did its job last night.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;2425383 said:
Doom... I gotta say I have never seen you like this when we have disagreed in the past?? ;)

Give him a pass on the injuries but if he doesnt start making better decisions... then THAT coupled with the fact that this team CANT TACKLE... we wont go too far.

If Romo does not play we don't win at all. He had has an injury he is trying to overcome other QB's who have dealt with similar injuries will also end up throwing passes errant at times. As for his overall play as our QB I'll gladly trade 3 TD passes for 1 int any game and we will win the vast majority if we are putting up points like Romo has shown in the past. Before the injury we avg around 30 some odd points? I don't have an issue with a mistake all make them but not many can pull off plays as Romo can

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2425383 said:

When did he make bad decision in the last game? He throw it behind TO on that one INt other than the he made all the reads people was even calling him check down Romo. I don't recall him forcing anything......

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425401 said:
If Romo does not play we don't win at all. He had has an injury he is trying to overcome other QB's who have dealt with similar injuries will also end up throwing passes errant at times. As for his overall play as our QB I'll gladly trade 3 TD passes for 1 int any game and we will win the vast majority if we are putting up points like Romo has shown in the past. Before the injury we avg around 30 some odd points? I don't have an issue with a mistake all make them but not many can pull off plays as Romo can

Yes but there is a flip side. He was starting to create a "bonehead reel" of mistakes/blunders.

He should be looking at Aikman's smarts as historical reference instead of Brady's play as ref point.

With that said... I did see a little of the old Romo last night(2006-07) and I was happy abou that as well.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You would think that after the last 3 agmes that a guy who can barely grip the ball would not get a bashing around here. Some people expect perfection around here I guess.

As far as trying to get TO the ball:

T.O is not an ideal reverse runner - period and somebody, I think cRicket completely missed his block on that one or it could have gone for about 10 yards.

I hate that quick pass to T.O., the first one OK, the second one was just crazy.

If I am going to make a point to get him the ball I would try to get Romo out of the pocket. and get TO on an inside out move a little more.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;2425422 said:
Yes but there is a flip side. He was starting to create a "bonehead reel" of mistakes/blunders.

He should be looking at Aikman's smarts as historical reference instead of Brady's play as ref point.

With that said... I did see a little of the old Romo last night(2006-07) and I was happy abou that as well.

Tony will never be a Troy Aikman but then there are thing Tony can do that Troy could not do. Tony is who he is shovel passes and all and yes he will throw a pick but he will also come right back and lead his team down the field and score. On the picks he had in this game he was trying to adjust his throws because of the hand injury and he understood that at times these type of passes could happen. Thankfully as the game wore on Romo seemed to improve and looked as if he was adjusting

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
aikemirv;2425469 said:
You would think that after the last 3 agmes that a guy who can barely grip the ball would not get a bashing around here. Some people expect perfection around here I guess.

As far as trying to get TO the ball:

T.O is not an ideal reverse runner - period and somebody, I think cRicket completely missed his block on that one or it could have gone for about 10 yards.

I hate that quick pass to T.O., the first one OK, the second one was just crazy.

If I am going to make a point to get him the ball I would try to get Romo out of the pocket. and get TO on an inside out move a little more.

I wouldn't be surprised I really don't like that guy anymore. We need to get a fullback that can block and catch out of the backfield damn Hillis or Schmidt would have been nice.

Mr.davon24

PGH Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Some of you guys reach entirely too much... I mean we are all entitled to our opinions but, If he is open why to through it to him?