"300" kicks arse!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Saw it last night.

I now have this odd desire to purchase a red cape and a pointy stick and walk around and pick fights with someone.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1417249 said:
Saw it last night.

I now have this odd desire to purchase a red cape and a pointy stick and walk around and pick fights with someone.

Do the abs come with the cape if so count me in, if I gotta work for em well keep the cape and lets just pick fights......

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1417249 said:
Saw it last night.

jksmith269;1417253 said:
Do the abs come with the cape if so count me in, if I gotta work for em well keep the cape and lets just pick fights......

That's funny. My roomate said the same thing as Crown. I responded by pointing at his belly and reminding him that he has to do about 7 million crunches before now and Halloween to pull it off.

From what I've heard, those actors went through one he!! of a conditioning program for that movie. Unless I'm getting paid like they are to do so...I'll pass.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
You realize this movie was base off Frank Millers Graphic Novel which is based loosely on the Spartan 300 battle

They stated this all along

Yes it was sweet the battle scenes where cool

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
smarta5150;1414260 said:
My friend who is a history buff said it was pretty historically accurate minus 1 thing... the 300 men actually stayed behind from the orginal army after they retreated (if anyone cares for the accuracy).

:eek:

Which part did he find the most "historically accurate", the giant battle lizard/frog thingies, or the Persian's version of "Edward Scissor Hands"?

:p:

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Kangaroo;1417682 said:
You realize this movie was base off Frank Millers Graphic Novel which is based loosely on the Spartan 300 battle

They stated this all along

Yes it was sweet the battle scenes where cool

Exactly. Can't wait to see what Zach Snyder does with WATCHMEN.

The only thing bad about Snyder is that he's a Packer fan. He wore a Favre/Packers hat when I interviewed him in San Francisco. :laugh2:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
my god this movie is wow. anybody that has a dvd burner and wants a great copy of this movie to put on dvd let me know and ill send u a bin file for this movie. crystal clear movie.

here are a few screenshots of how this movie looks quality wise
vlcsnap-441457.png

vlcsnap-441390.png

vlcsnap-441658.png

vlcsnap-441743.png

Hoofbite

Reaction score
ah hell......im not the biggest fan of watching rips like this because the quality is usually piss poor but at the same time, Im not the biggest fan of playing 20 dollars for a movie ticket and soda.....

Ill take a whack at. Just gotta figure out my damned burner.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1420807 said:
ah hell......im not the biggest fan of watching rips like this because the quality is usually piss poor but at the same time, Im not the biggest fan of playing 20 dollars for a movie ticket and soda.....

Ill take a whack at. Just gotta figure out my damned burner.

i've been downloading movies for some time now. and i've had my fair share of bad quality movies. but i've found the right people make the right movies. on demonoid its hockney for the just released movies, the ones that are still in theatres. and axxo for dvdrips.

this one hockney told me was good, and he recommended it. so i downloaded the sample off demonoid and was suprised. because this movie is one of them movies that more dark then light. and the person who made this video did a great job of keeping the movie very clear.

i know ur a member of demonoid hoof so ill just give u the link.

ill upload this to filefront for people who arent.
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1063298/9940064/

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
I saw 300 the other night and it easily became one of my favorite movies ever. The best part of it, I thought, were the Immortals. Just badass looking.

300-2.jpg

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Timbo2st;1421183 said:
I saw 300 the other night and it easily became one of my favorite movies ever. The best part of it, I thought, were the Immortals. Just badass looking.

300-2.jpg

best action scene.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I just hope this EXCELLENT movie takes over people's obsession.

I've had enough debates explaining to people how much Gladiator sucks.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1421205 said:
I just hope this EXCELLENT movie takes over people's obsession.

I've had enough debates explaining to people how much Gladiator sucks.

Out side of the ridiculous amount of talking what was wrong?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
the kid 05;1421235 said:
Out side of the ridiculous amount of talking what was wrong?

The whole movie was garbage. Patchwork story, little character development, crap dialogue.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1421287 said:
The whole movie was garbage. Patchwork story, little character development, crap dialogue.

i just watch the fight scenes lol

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
the kid 05;1421307 said:
i like gladiator. basically any movie with killing i like. especially movies like that. gladiator troy now 300, 300 takes the cake tho.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
the kid 05;1421307 said:

The action, cinematography & art direction are excellent. But those three things a good film does not make.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
300 was amazing, plain and simple. No Frank Miller fan will be disappointed with this film. For the others who watch it, it will be just another movie to them.

18th Warrior, Gladiator, Troy, Alexander, Kingdom of Heaven, King Arthur... I love these types of movies! Can't wait to add it to my DVD collection.

For you peeps who don't know, Frank Miller's Watchmen is already in the works and after seeing them put together Sin City and now 300...damn I'm excited!!!
biggrin.gif

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Saw it last night. I was amazed that it was all shot on greenscreen. It looked that real.

Great movie. If you haven't seen it (and you like this type of war movie) do yourself a favor.