"300" kicks arse!

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Payton34Smith22;1421322 said:
For you peeps who don't know, Frank Miller's Watchmen is already in the works and after seeing them put together Sin City and now 300...damn I'm excited!!!
biggrin.gif

WATCHMEN is Alan Moore (V FOR VENDETTA, BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE), not Miller. Miller's good, but overrated for Batman. The only 2 Miller Batman stories worth a crap -- and granted, they're classics -- are BATMAN: YEAR ONE and THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS.

WATCHMEN is a classic and fantastic graphic novel and if you haven't read it, y'all should!

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1421704 said:
WATCHMEN is Alan Moore (V FOR VENDETTA, BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE), not Miller. Miller's good, but overrated for Batman. The only 2 Miller Batman stories worth a crap -- and granted, they're classics -- are BATMAN: YEAR ONE and THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS.

WATCHMEN is a classic and fantastic graphic novel and if you haven't read it, y'all should!

Good looking out lol. I'm hyped for this movie tho! :cool:

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1421312 said:
The action, cinematography & art direction are excellent. But those three things a good film does not make.

im a fan of frank miller. everyone is highly overating this movie. the love for this movie is way out of preportion.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
locked&loaded;1422301 said:
im a fan of frank miller. everyone is highly overating this movie. the love for this movie is way out of preportion.

they're called opinions.

MrMom

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1421287 said:
little character development, crap dialogue. everyone throwing in different accents, and very cheesy dialogue

You just described 300 with some help from me, yet you call Gladiator crap, and 300 EXCELLENT? :laugh2:

Crown Royal;1421205 said:
I just hope this EXCELLENT movie takes over people's obsession.

I've had enough debates explaining to people how much Gladiator sucks.

:rolleyes:

MrMom

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1421704 said:

I wouldn't call Miller overrated. I guess it depends on how highly people rate him, Ronin and Sin City were also pretty good reads.

Definitely in my top 3 graphic novels. Amazing storytelling.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
MrMom;1423911 said:
You just described 300 with some help from me, yet you call Gladiator crap, and 300 EXCELLENT? :laugh2:

The difference is that the cheese made sense in the context of an adapted movie.

In Gladiator it was just crappy writing.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Miller overrated. I guess it depends on how highly people rate him, Ronin and Sin City were also pretty good reads.

No, he's great -- he's just overrated when it comes to Batman. Ronin and Sin City are both damn good, I agree.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1424283 said:
No, he's great -- he's just overrated when it comes to Batman. Ronin and Sin City are both damn good, I agree.

Like you would know anything about Batman. :rolleyes:

:p:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I watched it this weekend! Very good movie.

I only had a couple of critiques for it.

One, they should have shown a bit better how the "phalanx" works. If they'd have gone a bit more into detail on the mechanics of that battle technique, I think it would have made it more realistic to the viewer how such a small number was able to hold off such an overwhelming numerical force.

The way the Spartans executed the phalanx... with utter discipline... it was nearly unbeatable.

The other complaint was with one particular action of Leonides' wife. I thought her character was a little too savvy to have fallen for that trick.

But all in all it was a great movie. It's easy to see why it's getting the hype it is.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I've avoided reading this thread until I saw the movie. I wanted to go in with a blank slate.

Well, I finally saw it tonight on an IMAX screen and . . .

:bow:

It was wicked awesome! Definitely the best action movie I've seen released since Batman Begins (which sadly, I missed in theaters).

It was sold out, too, even though it was on a Monday night two weeks after its release.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jett, I loved this movie as well.

I've seen it twice in less than a week.

My favorite scene is when

SPOILER BELOW

The camera focuses on Leonidas and goes from a fast to slow pace as he puts ten or more Persians down.

SPOILER ENDED

All in all, a great action-packed movie. Can't wait for the DVD in surround sound and cranking it up when Leonidas yells "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!"

Also, wouldn't it be great if on big 3rd downs during a Cowboys game the jumbotrons played the scene:

"THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM...THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT!"

Contact the Texas Stadium reps...make it happen.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;1431461 said:
Also, wouldn't it be great if on big 3rd downs during a Cowboys game the jumbotrons played the scene:

"THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM...THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT!"

Contact the Texas Stadium reps...make it happen.

I like that idea:laugh2:

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
MrMom;1423911 said:

I was going to say the exact same thing to him.

Gladiator is so much better than 300 it isn't even funny. 300 was made for 13 year old boys with ADD who like to kill frogs and other small animals.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
eman721;1431614 said:
I was going to say the exact same thing to him.

Gladiator is so much better than 300 it isn't even funny. 300 was made for 13 year old boys with ADD who like to kill frogs and other small animals.

Gladiator is perhaps the worst 'Best Picture' winner in the last decade. Character development > that movie.