"Expert Picks"

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4205170 said:
Yeah cuz the Eagles are so great at closing games out. Cmon Philly is every bit as bad as Dallas in close games and that so called hostile environment hasn't helped them win home games as Philly has lost five in a row at home.bgonna be 6.
I think the Cowboys have a good chance to win, but the game is essentially a toss up. The Eagles aren't 3.5 favorites by chance. They're home, they're desperate, and they're getting some guys back. From someone other than a fan's eye view, they're probably the safer pick, by the tiniest of margins.

Fans keep wrapping themselves in the tough schedule like it's a warm blanket, but the facts are that if Dallas loses Sunday, the season is almost half over and we would be below .500. The Cowboys aren't a juggernaut by any stretch. It's not like they're rollin' in there 6-1, and on fire.

CoCo

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4205199 said:
They are looking at Philly's talent and thinking that Philly can still turn it around.

Of course they can.

All these Cowboy fans proclaiming the Eagles ARE what their record says but the Cowboys are NOT what their's says.

Both teams desperately want to use this game as a launching pad to realizing their potential. I am hopeful and excited. But I am also very wary of this game at their place after a bye with their backs to the wall.

lqmac1

Reaction score
kTXe;4205120 said:
I'm so confident about this game, it's almost unnerving. I think we win comfortably.

Gotta love that more people picked the Rams to beat the Saints than picked us to beat the Eagles.
I love your icon picture thing ( roy williams ) tarheel nation baby!!!

Wimbo

Reaction score
Big deal. The Eagles are 3.5 pt favorites... most of those 'experts' pick the favorite every week sice they are not picking the spread. They rarely stick their necks out on any picks.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Phil Simms and Warren Sapp both picked Dallas on Inside The NFL last night.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
id pick the eagles too, if i was a pro and had to be objective , the eagles are coming off a bye, dallas chose to not win coming off their bye and didnt do much to want to win the game, and Reid always uses the bye to his advantage.

Dallas scaring anyone lately? No, not consistantly. are they winning? no, beating the teams they could and beating themselves the rest. We're banking on which Dallas team shows up, the Eagles are banking on their coach to right the ship.

Dallas has to prove it to earn it and they are not proving it right now. take this bet like you have money on it and do you really think the Cowboys will win it.

I for one do. Lets see Dallas steam roll the Eagles 27-7.

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4205208 said:
I think the Cowboys have a good chance to win, but the game is essentially a toss up. The Eagles aren't 3.5 favorites by chance. They're home, they're desperate, and they're getting some guys back. From someone other than a fan's eye view, they're probably the safer pick, by the tiniest of margins.

Fans keep wrapping themselves in the tough schedule like it's a warm blanket, but the facts are that if Dallas loses Sunday, the season is almost half over and we would be below .500. The Cowboys aren't a juggernaut by any stretch. It's not like they're rollin' in there 6-1, and on fire.

Are you trying to deny we've had a tough schedule so far?

Team we lost to:

Patriots - SB Contender
Jets - SB Contender
Lions - Probably Playoff team

Wayne02

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4205170 said:
Yeah cuz the Eagles are so great at closing games out. Cmon Philly is every bit as bad as Dallas in close games and that so called hostile environment hasn't helped them win home games as Philly has lost five in a row at home.bgonna be 6.

Some of you guys pick Dallas to win every week. It's unbelievable. The Boys are most likely going 10-6 this year, and if that' the case then they will lose @Philly. There is no shame in losing to Philly at their house when they are coming off of a bye.

Reaction score
Wayne02;4205241 said:
Some of you guys pick Dallas to win every week. It's unbelievable. The Boys are most likely going 10-6 this year, and if that' the case then they will lose @Philly. They're is no shame in losing to Philly at their house when they are coming off of a bye.

They've been one of the worst teams in the NFC this year, worst record in the division. Of course there is shame in losing to them. Plus this is one of the biggest if not the biggest rivalries.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4205242 said:
They've been one of the worst teams in the NFC this year, worst record in the division. Of course there is shame in losing to them. Plus this is one of the biggest if not the biggest rivalries.

Dallas is only one game up on Philly. You're acting like Philadelphia is winless and the Cowboys are undefeated. In fact, if Philly beats Dallas, then Dallas is at the bottom of the division. Try and be objective.

Reaction score
Wayne02;4205251 said:
Dallas is only one game up on Philly. You're acting like Philadelphia is winless and the Cowboys are undefeated. In fact, if Philly beats Dallas, then Dallas is at the bottom of the division. Try and be objective.

If Dallas has Philly's schedule they would be undefeated.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4205252 said:
If Dallas has Philly's schedule they would be undefeated.

Yeah, because the Giants and the Falcons are both pushover teams right? C'mon man, I want the Cowboys to win too, but to think that the Cowboys are going to just steamroll the Eagles is just foolish.

Reaction score
Wayne02;4205256 said:
Yeah, because the Giants and the Falcons are both pushover teams right? C'mon man, I want the Cowboys to win too, but to think that the Cowboys are going to just steamroll the Eagles is just foolish.

Never said they were gonna steam roll them I predicted a 4 point win, but it's just funny to me how a overrated a 2-4 team can be.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4205257 said:
Never said they were gonna steam roll them I predicted a 4 point win, but it's just funny to me how a overrated a 2-4 team can be.

So if the 2-4 Eagles beat the 3-3 Cowboys, would that make the Cowboys a non-playoff team? I don't think so. These are two good teams, but I think Philly has the edge here because of the bye and home field advantage. You probably think that Dallas is going to win the rest of the games on the schedule. Again, that would be wishful thinking.

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4205118 said:
I like it when they don't pick us. I hate when the media is picking Dallas.

I especially hate it when we are a unanimous pick to win. Very bad luck that.

Too bad for the Egals, pretty much certain to lose now and then whoa the backlash in that town. The melt down will begin immediately following the game.

I see it as a tough game, they will come out swinging for sure. They are up against the wall and were expected to be great this year. I have no doubt that Rob will have our guys pumped on the defensive side of the ball. Should be a great game and we should win. They can't win, if they can't score sort of thing.

Romo > Vick
Miles & Dez > Jackson & Maclin
Witten > Celek
Murray < McCoy (Until he proves last week was real, and I think it was.) Being diplomatic here. ;)

Ryan's Defense > Castillo's Defense

Sure we are playing in their house, but that won't change the outcome. We are the better team.

Givincer

Reaction score
Wayne02;4205256 said:

How's it foolish to think the Cowboys could in fact steamroll the Eagles?

Reaction score
Wayne02;4205261 said:
So if the 2-4 Eagles beat the 3-3 Cowboys, would that make the Cowboys a non-playoff team? I don't think so. These are two good teams, but I think Philly has the edge here because of the bye and home field advantage. You probably think that Dallas is going to win the rest of the games on the schedule. Again, that would be wishful thinking.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility but I expect us to lose a couple of games and finish 11-5. I predict losses @ Tampa Bay and @ New York. 11-5 will surely get us a division title and maybe even the #2 seed.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Givincer;4205265 said:
How's it foolish to think the Cowboys could in fact steamroll the Eagles?

Just like it would be foolish for an Eagles fan to think that they will steamroll the Cowboys. Both of these teams are good not great, and both of these teams have QB's that can make plays for their team, but can also throw the game away.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4205235 said:
Are you trying to deny we've had a tough schedule so far?

Team we lost to:

Patriots - SB Contender
Jets - SB Contender
Lions - Probably Playoff team
I don't think the Jets are a SB contender at all, and I think the Lions are probably a 9-7 team that may or may not sneak into the playoffs.

Of your list, I'd say only the Pats are a good team, and the only team we've played with a legitimate SB shot.

None of that changes 3-3. If the Cowboys were 5-1 against this schedule, you wouldn't see a sea of Eagles when you looked at ESPN picks. They aren't being biased, they're just exercising common sense. The Cowboys may very well win, but the Eagles are favored, and it's not difficult to see why.