"Expert Picks"

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
DFWJC;4205416 said:
The Eagles are at home coming off a bye week...and Reid has a 100% winning record in that situation.
Also, they looked to be improving last game.
Also, the E-Girls are the official betting line favorites.
And finally, the titleless Eagles have much more to lose here. If they drop to 2-5 with multiple divsion losses, they are through. That is not the case for Dallas.

So, this is no surprise.

Now, let's watch the Cowboys make them all wrong.

I just love how people use the history to predict what will happen in current games. Nevermind how teams actually look and play this year. So what if Reid is undefeated in past years with completely different teams playing other completely different teams? How is that relevant to this years teams? Is that going to make their linebackers tackle better or run faster?

I could see if they said the Eagles will win because X and Y has an advantage over the Cowboys Z or something. But the reality is that the Eagles have looked like the inferior team all season. Their linebackers are still garbage, their all-world secondary has been shredded, their offensive line has major problems protecting Vick, and Jackson has been nearly invincible. On the other hand, The Cowboys have put up points without being fully healthy and their defense has played extremely well, and is getting even healthier. The offensive line is playing much better and getting healthy as well, and now the running game is showing up. So again, can someone tell me why the Eagles are favored?

Manster68

Reaction score
DFWJC;4205416 said:
The Eagles are at home coming off a bye week...and Reid has a 100% winning record in that situation.
Also, they looked to be improving last game.
Also, the E-Girls are the official betting line favorites.
And finally, the titleless Eagles have much more to lose here. If they drop to 2-5 with multiple divsion losses, they are through. That is not the case for Dallas.

So, this is no surprise.

Now, let's watch the Cowboys make them all wrong.

Law of averages then dictates that Dallas is bound to give Reid his first loss after a bye week.

Eagles improved last game? After Rex threw horrendous pass after horrendous pass?

I do like the way this game is shaping up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
JonJon;4205601 said:
I just love how people use the history to predict what will happen in current games. Nevermind how teams actually look and play this year. So what if Reid is undefeated in past years with completely different teams playing other completely different teams? How is that relevant to this years teams? Is that going to make their linebackers tackle better or run faster?

I could see if they said the Eagles will win because X and Y has an advantage over the Cowboys Z or something. But the reality is that the Eagles have looked like the inferior team all season. Their linebackers are still garbage, their all-world secondary has been shredded, their offensive line has major problems protecting Vick, and Jackson has been nearly invincible. On the other hand, The Cowboys have put up points without being fully healthy and their defense has played extremely well, and is getting even healthier. The offensive line is playing much better and getting healthy as well, and now the running game is showing up. So again, can someone tell me why the Eagles are favored?
Yeah, that stat is fluff...some interesting trivia though.
My post in no way says that the Eagles will win becasue of that.

An extra week to prep does help though. I I pointed out several other reasons why some people (I did not say me) would pick the Eagles. The Eagles did not look like an inferior team last game. They look like a team improving. They are also at home. You'll notice that the hoime team is the favorite almost all of the time unless there is a large diffenece in talent.
That's just how it is.

Anyway, I like our chances.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
DFWJC;4206892 said:
Yeah, that stat is fluff...some interesting trivia though.
My post in no way says that the Eagles will win becasue of that.

An extra week to prep does help though. I I pointed out several other reasons why some people (I did not say me) would pick the Eagles. The Eagles did not look like an inferior team last game. They look like a team improving. They are also at home. You'll notice that the hoime team is the favorite almost all of the time unless there is a large diffenece in talent.
That's just how it is.

Anyway, I like our chances.
I wasn't targeting your post directly, just the experts that always talk about last year or 5 years ago and use that to validate a team that had different players and probably different philosophies at the time. That's what frustrates me. It happens all the time.