"Finally".... The Rock Returns.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3849141 said:
They work for the company, there not IN the company.
If they sustain an injury on the job whose Workman's Compensation covers it?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3849153 said:
If they sustain an injury on the job whose Workman's Compensation covers it?

The company there working for.

If a company hires a firm to look at the progress their marketing department has made over the past year in increasing sales in Europe, does that company work for the company or are they doing work for that company?

There is a difference.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3849155 said:

If a company hires a firm to look at the progress their marketing department has made over the past year in increasing sales in Europe, does that company work for the company or are they doing work for that company?

There is a difference.

Once again you are showing your ignorance about Professional wrestling.

It was not uncommon at all 10 years ago for guys to work on an appearance to appearance basis.

Vader did it for WCW
Nash did it for his last run in WWF (before the recent)
Jericho did it for his 90's run in WWF
Eddie Guerrero did it for his run in WCW after his return from a wreck.
Benoit was actually working like that as WCW champion when he went to WWF ..... he lost the belt to Sid the night before as a favor to Ric Flair only.

Just shut up about things you know nothing about.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3849161 said:
Once again you are showing your ignorance about Professional wrestling.

It was not uncommon at all 10 years ago for guys to work on an appearance to appearance basis.

Vader did it for WCW
Nash did it for his last run in WWF (before the recent)
Jericho did it for his 90's run in WWF
Eddie Guerrero did it for his run in WCW after his return from a wreck.
Benoit was actually working like that as WCW champion when he went to WWF ..... he lost the belt to Sid the night before as a favor to Ric Flair only.

Just shut up about things you know nothing about.
Its very common, but he was being brought in with the desire to be a jobber on a appearance to appearance basis, as was a ton of wrestlers on Velocity, Heat and Jakked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Jakked/Metal

Jakked aired on Saturday nights while Metal aired in the afternoon. Both shows featured matches from the week's events. As a result of the WWE Brand Extension, from April 2002 until the discontinuation of Jakked and Metal in May of that year, both shows began to feature matches from the SmackDown brand, mirroring the format WWE Heat had at the time in relation to the Raw brand. In late May, WWE Velocity premiered and began to serve a similar purpose for the SmackDown brand.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3849155 said:

There is a difference.
Bottom line, if Styles had been injured while working as a WWF jobber his compensation would have been covered by them. Same as a laborer I hire to come work for me. They get hurt, it's on my dime. They are on my job, working for me. It does not matter if they are a full time employee. He was in WWF as a jobber. You admitted it yourself. You can flip flop over all kinds of superficial semantics, but the fact remains he worked there, for them.

Last thing I will say on this subject. Styles does not impress me at all. Never has. I don't see what you see in him. Frankly I think he is boring to listen to and even worse to watch. If he is the best TNA has to offer, then their brand just doesn't cut it.

Some wrestlers stay loyal to a Federation. No doubt about it. The vast majority would much rather work for WWE over TNA if they had a choice. Note, I say this as a former fan of WCW over WWF.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848876 said:
WWE live event gates have been going down fast, TNA has been going up fast. 2 years ago they set a record in Westbury at a show I attended, 3k people at the show, 2 years later 7k. Thats a good rate of growth.

Well it's obvious you're a TNA fan and think it's the better company..

I am only guessing that WM will draw more thousands for their one PPV than TNA would draw for all their's combined.

To me there is no comparison between the two companies and I don't think Vince worries too much about the competition.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Hostile;3849193 said:
Styles does not impress me at all. Never has. I don't see what you see in him. Frankly I think he is boring to listen to and even worse to watch. If he is the best TNA has to offer, then their brand just doesn't cut it.

I think Styles is good in the ring.

He is just horrible on the Mic.

Best thing he ever did was the innocent country boy falling in love with Karen Angle bit a few years ago ......

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3849265 said:

Best thing he ever did was the innocent country boy falling in love with Karen Angle bit a few years ago ......

He used to be horrible on the mic, he's improved greatly since working with Flair the past year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zrinkill;3849265 said:

I don't see anything unique about him in the ring as far as athletic ability that I haven't seen from 2 dozen other guys just like him.

One of my favorite guys on the mic was Ravishing Rick Rude. The guy was a genius. Then in the ring he looked the part and delivered. He could never do the fancy flying around stuff, and he didn't need to.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Hostile;3849288 said:
I don't see anything unique about him in the ring as far as athletic ability that I haven't seen from 2 dozen other guys just like him.

One of my favorite guys on the mic was Ravishing Rick Rude. The guy was a genius. Then in the ring he looked the part and delivered. He could never do the fancy flying around stuff, and he didn't need to.

His whole hip swiveling act after he dropped someone was hysterical.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
zrinkill;3849143 said:
He belongs in a company where Matt and Jeff Hardy are top guys.
]

This makes me miss the days of 90's early early 2000's WWE. Where it was Austin and Rock those matches were, to me, iconic right up there with hulk and andre's match where Hulk slammed Andre.

Matt and Jeff were awesome in those TLC matches with the D3 boys and Edge and Christian

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ironic that in a thread dedicated to the People's Champ, there's almost two pages worth of AJ Styles posts.

Who in the blue **** is AJ Styles?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;3849385 said:
Ironic that in a thread dedicated to the People's Champ, there's almost two pages worth of AJ Styles posts.

Who in the blue **** is AJ Styles?
A young malcontent's pet cat wrestler.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;3849401 said:
How old were you when the Rock and Austin were feuding in the WWE/F?

I watched the Rock Austin wrestlemania 19 match/leadup to it don't remember it I think I was 10, W19 was the one with that OUTSTANDING Michaels vs Jericho match, first time I was in awe of a in-ring performance that was gimmicked up.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
the kid 05;3849382 said:
]

This makes me miss the days of 90's early early 2000's WWE. Where it was Austin and Rock those matches were, to me, iconic right up there with hulk and andre's match where Hulk slammed Andre.

Matt and Jeff were awesome in those TLC matches with the D3 boys and Edge and Christian

Buried alive between Austin and The undertaker should be broadcast out in space so that other civilizations may be able to pick it up and can enjoy the greatest thing to ever happen.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
locked&loaded;3849456 said:
Buried alive between Austin and The undertaker should be broadcast out in space so that other civilizations may be able to pick it up and can enjoy the greatest thing to ever happen.

oh man i forgot about that! I remember Austin was supposta be hand cuffed to that i want to say cross type thing, I can't think of what its called and reversed the hand cuffs to get undertaker on it that was mind blowing when i was younger :laugh2: