"Get Rid of Parcells"

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1323504 said:
Did we not make the playoffs and come within a point of the second round?

Funny, judging by people like you, it would be easy to say no.

We limped into the playoffs after an epic December collapse and eventually lost, lets throw a rally.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Alexander;1323509 said:
If you bother to scroll back up, you will see why I asked the question.

I've read the entire thread.....I still think the question is a useless piece of dribble....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cbz40;1323517 said:
I've read the entire thread.....I still think the question is a useless piece of dribble....

It absolutely isn't.

It is a valid point. If you want to use record and winning percentage as a measuring stick, you cannot advocate any of those coaches without being a hypocrite.

But carry on with your own useless "hostage" business. It is very mature and shows keen insight into the reality of the situation.

bratchek

Reaction score
iceberg;1323501 said:
yet how do we explain then the meltdowns towards the end of the year when *this* decision is approaching all over again?

2005-Flozell/Bledsoe
2006-Ellis
We didn't have to much trouble scoring points. Get Ellis back (pray to god) and get someone to play SS ( Watkins second year) and I think things change.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bratchek;1323524 said:
2005-Flozell/Bledsoe
2006-Ellis
We didn't have to much trouble scoring points. Get Ellis back (pray to god) and get someone to play SS ( Watkins second year) and I think things change.

so 1 player can make this much of a different but a lost coach has no effect on the team and shouldn't be questions? just cursious now how much of our issues you put on parcells, or is he teflon to you?

just wondering.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1323513 said:
We limped into the playoffs after an epic December collapse and eventually lost, lets throw a rally.

that's why i also backed up to look at the whole picture. alexander likes to take the 1 point that can look good and ignore the rest. i did that once and he called me on it and i said "yes, not what i meant but i did do that"

you won't see the same from him.

bratchek

Reaction score
iceberg;1323505 said:
yea, but *you* were the one calling out someone else's "coaching" pedigree. if you're going to swallow whatever bp throws at you and hide behind his credentials while questioning others - you're not gonna get very far in here.

But the general thought here at this forum is to get rid of everybody and get new people........how is that working out for the Commanders.

bratchek

Reaction score
iceberg;1323528 said:
so 1 player can make this much of a different but a lost coach has no effect on the team and shouldn't be questions? just cursious now how much of our issues you put on parcells, or is he teflon to you?

just wondering.

how many games did we lose that the D gave up less than 20 pts.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bratchek;1323535 said:
But the general thought here at this forum is to get rid of everybody and get new people........how is that working out for the Commanders.
No, it's not the general thought here. There are 4-5 posters that post "Parcells sucks" or "get rid of Parcells" in every single thread so it may seem that way, but it's not.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Alexander;1323522 said:
It absolutely isn't.

It is a valid point. If you want to use record and winning percentage as a measuring stick, you cannot advocate any of those coaches without being a hypocrite.

But carry on with your own useless "hostage" business. It is very mature and shows keen insight into the reality of the situation.

Then It is also a valid point to say Parcells has been mediorce during his tenure in Dallas......

Unless he finds the "Fountain of Youth".......I don't see anything different next season.

Hire a great DC........Parcells will tie his hands.

Hire a great OC........ Parcells will tie his hands.

I would continue but why waste my time.......:(

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bratchek;1323535 said:

who knows. i don't know how the skins can abuse the cap like they do every year, but they do.

how does going young work for NO? (if we're going to allow single examples to typify your only end result i'll go here instead).

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bratchek;1323545 said:
how many games did we lose that the D gave up less than 20 pts.

dunno. how many and what does that have to do with the coaches demeanor possibly spilling out to the team?

he ducks, he weaves...the question remains...

bratchek

Reaction score
theogt;1323554 said:
No, it's not the general thought here. There are 4-5 posters that post "Parcells sucks" or "get rid of Parcells" in every single thread so it may seem that way, but it's not.

Well then they are why i started this thread.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Cowboys are better now than they were before Parcells got here. They are not better because of his coaching though. They are better because they have better talent. And now, they are underperforming for the talent level they have. That means they have poor coaching.

People want to say only losing by 1 pt. to Seattle in the playoffs is an evidence he's doing a good job, or at least not a poor one don't have a leg to stand on. The fact that they lost the game at all, and didn't win by at least 2 scores is a much better indication of how poor the coaching is. Seattle was not a very good team. Seattle severely weakened. Dallas had a LOT better talent than Seattle. That's poor coaching.

bratchek

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1323616 said:
The Cowboys are better now than they were before Parcells got here. They are not better because of his coaching though. They are better because they have better talent. And now, they are underperforming for the talent level they have. That means they have poor coaching.

People want to say only losing by 1 pt. to Seattle in the playoffs is an evidence he's doing a good job, or at least not a poor one don't have a leg to stand on. The fact that they lost the game at all, and didn't win by at least 2 scores is a much better indication of how poor the coaching is. Seattle was not a very good team. Seattle severely weakened. Dallas had a LOT better talent than Seattle. That's poor coaching.

It was coaching that caused Romo to drop the ball!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
this is why i feel bp has been a great GM but a bad coach.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bratchek;1323620 said:

it was coaching who didn't get the team ready for philly, NO or detroit - again, drop off the singular and look at the whole and parcells has done a poor job of being a coach.

great gm, bad coach. pretty simple.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cbz40;1323558 said:
Hire a great DC........Parcells will tie his hands.

And you know this--how exactly?

Please enlighten everyone on your special brand of insight into how things work behind the scenes.

Fact is you don't know.

Zimmer hadn't a clue about this defense and honestly, I wouldn't give matches to a child either, no matter how much I liked them.

That's what keeps me positive right now. I hope he will add a coordinator with a clue and then feel secure he can step back. If he promotes from within, the hand-holding will continue. I shall wait for the development before passing judgment.

Hire a great OC........ Parcells will tie his hands.

His hand-tying produced a very productive offense this past season and undoubtedly the best since the days of the Triplets.

I'll take more hand-tying, please.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
bratchek;1323620 said:

You completely missed the point. Romo shouldn't have had to hold onto that ball at the end of the game to see if the Cowboys won or lost (which there is a good chance they still lose even if he does hold on). The game should have been out of reach for Seattle by that time. The game should not have been close.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
bratchek;1323524 said:
2005-Flozell/Bledsoe
2006-Ellis

Ellis???
Are you really thinking that the loss of a player playing a new position was that big of a loss?
We beat Indianapolis without Ellis.
We went to the NYGs and beat them too without Ellis.
Then Sean Payton exposed the defense and it was downhill from there on.
We let Ron Mexico throw for a career high 4 TDs!
The 2-13 Lions came into our house and hung 39 on us,and then talked about it.The Lions!
Still think Ellis could have changed that?
How about a coach who refused to get out of the basic 3-4 when the situation dictated to do so?
Why is our best pass rusher going down on coverage?
Still think Ellis could have helped?
We have talent on this team.
But it's being held back by a mentality that suggest not making mistakes is more important than making a play.