Quote from Garretts monday press conference

kirkjrk

Reaction score
Seems to me Garrett is saying Romo is the reason we arent running it enough.

The reason we're not running is because we can't. Absolutely stink at it. I don't think it's so much the Oline fault as it is the RB and some 2nd level blkg. Put Romo under center and tell him not to move them until the snap.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The reason we're not running is because we can't. Absolutely stink at it. I don't think it's so much the Oline as it is the RB and some 2nd level blkg. Put Romo under center and tell him not to move them until the snap.

This same back had 20 carries for 86 yards and a 4.2 YPC against the Giants. It's not Murray IMO. When he has room, he runs hard and picks up yards. We simply didn't get a lot of push against KC. I will be interested in seeing how the OL grades out in this game.

dstovall5

Reaction score
This same back had 20 carries for 86 yards and a 4.2 YPC against the Giants. It's not Murray IMO. When he has room, he runs hard and picks up yards. We simply didn't get a lot of push against KC. I will be interested in seeing how the OL grades out in this game.

He should've had a 4.2 YPC against the giants, most RBs in the NFL would've that game. The giants were playing a soft run coverage daring us to beat them with the running game and the underneath stuff.

I honestly don't think Murray is the answer, he has horrible vision and runs to "darkness". Our line has improved somewhat this year so you'd think we'd have a little more success running the ball, but as of right now it's looking like the same old same old.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the play calling and us abandoning the run, well none of us really know who's to blame. But if I were to guess, I'd say blame most likely lies on both Romo and BC. I honestly don't care who's to blame for our play calling, but get it fixed ASAP! And our creativity SUCKS, seems like we're still running a pre season Offense. It's only week 2 though, so we still have time to fix our problems.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Blame Romo because Romo always gets the blame. People talk about how the OL played well yet Fred was responsible for 2 sacks and the OL blocked 16 runs for 36 yards. But it's Romo's fault.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Murray was awful. He ran away from several holes. Now he is complaining publicly for more touches. He needs to earn them. I think he can but he needs to do better

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He should've had a 4.2 YPC against the giants, most RBs in the NFL would've that game. The giants were playing a soft run coverage daring us to beat them with the running game and the underneath stuff.

I honestly don't think Murray is the answer, he has horrible vision and runs to "darkness". Our line has improved somewhat this year so you'd think we'd have a little more success running the ball, but as of right now it's looking like the same old same old.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the play calling and us abandoning the run, well none of us really know who's to blame. But if I were to guess, I'd say blame most likely lies on both Romo and BC. I honestly don't care who's to blame for our play calling, but get it fixed ASAP! And our creativity SUCKS, seems like we're still running a pre season Offense. It's only week 2 though, so we still have time to fix our problems.

He has a 4.7 YPC average for his career. Is he Emmitt? No, he's no Emmitt but he will get you yards, IMO, if you give him some decent blocking.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Murray was awful. He ran away from several holes. Now he is complaining publicly for more touches. He needs to earn them. I think he can but he needs to do better

I watched the game again last night. I did not see what you are suggesting here. What I saw was a young Center having a tough time against a very good, very strong NT. I saw Guards who were not creating much push either.

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
I am just rewatching the game now, but my emotional recollection of it was that KC was putting a lot of guys on the LOS. My admittedly basic knowledge of football tells me that you have to throw the defense our of that look. I could be wrong, but I didn't find the play-calling terrible, outside of those small handful of glaring mistakes (which is going to happen). Again, if Dez makes a catch, or Dunbar doesn't fumble, we probably get 3 more points due to field position. Reiterates to me the small difference between winning and losing in this league.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I watched the game again last night. I did not see what you are suggesting here. What I saw was a young Center having a tough time against a very good, very strong NT. I saw Guards who were not creating much push either.

Broaddus even said he saw him do it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is the most useless coach this team has ever had... The illusion of his potential greatness has done more damage to this team than Dave Campo...

Staubacher

Reaction score

There was that too but Murray stunk. Dunbar in one run got 12 yards in one carry behind the same line. If Murray wants the ball more run to the holes we're gonna pass on 2nd and 10

khiladi

Reaction score
Plus, I don't get this thing about 'balance'. Running effectively is not about how many times you run, but how you keep the defense honest. If a team knows your going to pass or run, doesn't matter how much balance you have. Who cares about balance is you don't run pay action? If we are forcing LBs to cheat, who cares if we don't attack the middle of the field.

dstovall5

Reaction score
He has a 4.7 YPC average for his career. Is he Emmitt? No, he's no Emmitt but he will get you yards, IMO, if you give him some decent blocking.

Demarco Murray is not the same back that we had in 2011, and the numbers back it up. I'm not sure if it's due to his injury, but something definitely changed.

2011 164 carries / 5.5 YPC (He was spectacular his rookie season)
2012 161 carries / 4.1 YPC
2013 32 carries / 3.5 YPC

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. We're "attempting" to run a no huddle offense to keep the defense from making substitutions and presumably to speed up the game, and yet we barely get the ball snapped before the clock expires pretty much every offensive play. Brilliant!!!!!!!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
2nd week we've heard this stuff now now. So step in and coach, coach.

Other than his silly dress code when he took over for Wade, when has he ever shown leadership and why would you expect him to do so now. I don't recall him falling on the sword for icing his own kicker, why would he do anything now that could end up with him being blamed?