Radio Rumor Gregory to Dallas

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Just listening to Mad Dog radio, Dan Jeremiah was just on and he said He got a call late last night, basically saying Dallas would take a huge gamble on Gregory at 27.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I have concern about his size and ability to play the run. I could see him getting mauled in the NFL

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Just listening to Mad Dog radio, Dan Jeremiah was just on and he said He got a call late last night, basically saying Dallas would take a huge gamble on Gregory at 27.

And who did the late night call come from...a fan? a team exec? a mediot? Sorry there's no where near enough info there to give that story any credibility at all.

Edit: Not a slam to you, personally, but to the mad dog guy who reports this stuff based on a "late night call".

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope not, rather take a chance on shane ray

Yep if you want to take a big gambe between the two...Shane Ray might be the better option...at least he can be a three down player as he can play the run where Gregory really does not.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He looks small like lawwrence. But I think in a 4-3 its better to have faster de's. We need to something about dt though. Dt is by far the worst on the d.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Yep if you want to take a big gambe between the two...Shane Ray might be the better option...at least he can be a three down player as he can play the run where Gregory really does not.

They covered that on the Gruden and Kiper Special, Gregory was horrible against the run last year but has been adequate in previous years.

Both players come with risk, Ray has that toe issue which bothers me as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If the report is true I just hope the Cowboys got a lot of input from Rod Marinelli in how he views Gregory ability to fit within his scheme.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I'm not for this move, but what happened to the RKG approach? Cause we go 12-4 all of the sudden we can take on all these risky type players?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Well, it fits the "getting the top X" player at a position that Dallas has done before.

If you put aside his issues, I think most would say he is the best pass rusher in this class and has been ranked that way for a while.

Western

Reaction score
Gregory, McClain, & Hardy ~ Dallas "D" with an attitude.

Coaches on the hot seat and/or owners hesitant on drafting checkered players would stay away from Gregory.
But that situation does not exist in Dallas -- Garrett signing a new contract & Jerry being the eternal optimist -- Gregory very well might be the selection.