Radio Rumor Gregory to Dallas

CowboyChris

Reaction score
We understand that. But this idea that a "late call" came in with some special news the Cowboys leaked is ridiculous. Teams simply do not tell people who they're going to take. They may mention who they like, but the "experts" don't know whether that's a subterfuge or truth.

I have no idea who the call was from, just what the reporter stated that the Cowboys would take Gregory at 27 if he is there. I doubt anyone other than the FO knows the real answer to that, but their are leaks and who knows maybe a smokescreen.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I have no idea who the call was from, just what the reporter stated that the Cowboys would take Gregory at 27 if he is there. I doubt anyone other than the FO knows the real answer to that, but their are leaks and who knows maybe a smokescreen.

I wasn't criticizing you for posting it. I hope you didn't get that impression. I appreciate any tips provided here. But I take them with grains of salt. Nevertheless, that's why the pre-draft world is getting bigger. People who love this stuff love to hear any news even if it's bogus. Why do you think fans love endless versions of mock drafts? :)

marchetta

Reaction score
Dallas rarely/never picks a player #1 that they haven't brought in during invites. Since Gregory wasn't invited in, I doubt Dallas picks him. JMO

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I wasn't criticizing you for posting it. I hope you didn't get that impression. I appreciate any tips provided here. But I take them with grains of salt. Nevertheless, that's why the pre-draft world is getting bigger. People who love this stuff love to hear any news even if it's bogus. Why do you think fans love endless versions of mock drafts? :)

No criticism taken, being a member of this board for over 10 years, i have developed the zone mentality, and i too take it with a grain of salt, first thing i thought was who couldve called him late at night, but i thought i would share what i heard on the radio this morning, i surely dont feel like sifting through more mock drafts or reading more about Peterson.

personally i hope the Bucs stun everyone tonight and take Mariota, Im so convinced the Titans dont want Mariota, that their king ransom plan backfires on them. haha

khiladi

Reaction score
Well, it fits the "getting the top X" player at a position that Dallas has done before.

If you put aside his issues, I think most would say he is the best pass rusher in this class and has been ranked that way for a while.

Dallas says they go BPA... Needs are addressed via free agency. Unless they changed their philosophy, I don't think anything has changed.

This is why I am not surprised they wouldn't draft RB first.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A 230 pound DE with cant go a day without lighting up a Mary Jane...................at pick 27:facepalm:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas says they go BPA... Needs are addressed via free agency. Unless they changed their philosophy, I don't think anything has changed.

This is why I am not surprised they wouldn't draft RB first.
They don't just say that they go BPA. Their drafts have been very consistent with a BPA philosophy, with the one glaring exception of the trade up for Lawrence last year. They play some games around who they think might be available at their next pick, but not around needs: for the most part, they draft their board.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Just listening to Mad Dog radio, Dan Jeremiah was just on and he said He got a call late last night, basically saying Dallas would take a huge gamble on Gregory at 27.

SO glad he was wrong. Gregory is vastly overrated

texbumthelife

Reaction score
you and me both, i wanted nothing to do with Gregory at all!!

If he is there at 60 I would have the card to the commissioner so fast his head would spin. You just drafted boy scout with questionable ability. How about backing that up with the kid who has the ability and questionable off the field transgressions?

btcutter

Reaction score
Not surprised. We just signed a guy due for a major suspension with domestic abuse allegations.

A skinny pothead is nothing in comparison

Suspension nevertheless and still currently a violation of the league's substance abuse policy. Does the team no good if you ain't playing.

btcutter

Reaction score
If he is there at 60 I would have the card to the commissioner so fast his head would spin. You just drafted boy scout with questionable ability. How about backing that up with the kid who has the ability and questionable off the field transgressions?

If Cowboys were really interested then I have a guy seating outside his agent's door to discuss his contract to include incentive clauses. If he doesn't agree....pass.

manster4ever

Reaction score

NO thanks. He disappeared vs teams with quality Olines: Ohio State, Michigan State, etc....a complete non factor. He feasted on the like of Purdue, Illinois and Indiana. Pass.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Cowboys were really interested then I have a guy sitting outside his agent's door to discuss his contract to include incentive clauses. If he doesn't agree....pass.

That does not really help the Cowboys. A 2nd round pick is not getting a lot a guaranteed money, so an incentive based contract does not really help them. If he is a bust because he keeps getting suspended, the contract does not get the pick back.