Radio Rumor Gregory to Dallas

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Then we draft Frank Clark at 91 aaaand we nailed it.

Laugh, but it was discussed in a thread the other day. Nearly every high profile character issue player has piqued the Cowboys interest. They are not afraid, that is for sure.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Laugh, but it was discussed in a thread the other day. Nearly every high profile character issue player has piqued the Cowboys interest. They are not afraid, that is for sure.

Garrett must really believe in his coaches and locker room more than he did 4 years ago, when we wouldn't even look at guys like Jenoris Jenkins.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Take Gregory at 27 and Ray at 60.

:eek:

I'd rather reverse the draft position on these two.

They both have one strike against them, due to the MJ. People who feel they need that, especially at this critical time in their careers are potentially weak-minded, and may not have the level of focus, commitment, and reliability that their job requires. There are many examples besides Ricky Williams.
So they are not worthy of a first round grade.

Gregory also is a bit of a downgrade due to his limited utility against the run; you shouldn't give a first or second round grade for a two down player.

Of course these guys can see the light, improve themselves and their games, and end up being steals. But, will they?

I would want to spend a couple of days with each to see if I can find their heart.

They've already shown their a--.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
From what has been rumored with him having issues that "aren't his fault", and that he comes from "a good family", it makes me wonder whether it's a severe anxiety disorder, which would make it difficult for him to handle the stress of football. Putting a guy like this in Dallas is a disaster waiting to happen.

Anxiety is treatable. Dumb-a&& is not.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I'd rather reverse the draft position on these two.

They both have one strike against them, due to the MJ. People who feel they need that, especially at this critical time in their careers are potentially weak-minded, and may not have the level of focus, commitment, and reliability that their job requires. There are many examples besides Ricky Williams.
So they are not worthy of a first round grade.

Gregory also is a bit of a downgrade due to his limited utility against the run; you shouldn't give a first or second round grade for a two down player.

Of course these guys can see the light, improve themselves and their games, and end up being steals. But, will they?

I would want to spend a couple of days with each to see if I can find their heart.

They've already shown their a--.

Ray was busted AFTER the combine. So he still thought it important enough to risk it.

Gregory has at least stated that he knows he smoked waaay too much in college. Part of the reason why the failed drug test. His levels were still very high. But according to him, he's being tested regularly now by his support team and agent. And he seems to be on the right track.

Plankton

Reaction score
Anxiety is treatable. Dumb-a&& is not.

No question, but reading between the lines of the Breer/Rapoport report, his issues are beyond being too stupid to know when to stop smoking.

I wouldn't have wanted him before this report. After the report, he's radioactive in my mind.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Wrong.

Increased appetite has nothing to do with increased metabolism.

Professor Mike Cawthorne, director of metabolic research at the University of Buckingham who has been conducting the animal studies, said: “Overall, it seems these molecules increase energy expenditure in the cells of the body by increasing the metabolism.”
The United Kingdom is the second most obese country in the world, trailing the United States where 35.7% of adults are classified as obese; a significant percentage of children have been diagnosed as obese as well. With the prevalence of fast food conglomerates, obesity is becoming an increasingly difficult issue in the developing world as well.

endersdragon

Reaction score
While I don't really want a DE, I wouldn't mind Gregory or Ray just because unlike Owa, I have seen what they can do... and I like it lol. Getting them in the first and maybe Duke Johnson (without trading up) or Tevin Coleman (with a trade up) in the 2nd would be nice.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If we are looking at players with red flags, I'd rather just take Frank Clark later. He's less of a risk because he can be had with a later pick.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Professor Mike Cawthorne, director of metabolic research at the University of Buckingham who has been conducting the animal studies, said: “Overall, it seems these molecules increase energy expenditure in the cells of the body by increasing the metabolism.”
The United Kingdom is the second most obese country in the world, trailing the United States where 35.7% of adults are classified as obese; a significant percentage of children have been diagnosed as obese as well. With the prevalence of fast food conglomerates, obesity is becoming an increasingly difficult issue in the developing world as well.

".....seems.......?cells?.......animals......."

Would need to see the research, but this is hypothetical at best.

This spawns another related question: Would the obese population under study be likely to reduce their current level of lost productivity through regular treatment with THC?

I think the Brits would be disappointed with the results, though there would be no shortage of volunteer participants.

reddyuta

Reaction score
My view is that we will not draft him,we didn't bring him in to VR and we are not making that mistake again.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
No question, but reading between the lines of the Breer/Rapoport report, his issues are beyond being too stupid to know when to stop smoking.

I wouldn't have wanted him before this report. After the report, he's radioactive in my mind.

Good thoughts.

You do appear to be a bit more pensive in your new avatar.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who said what, there's a very good chance that Gregory or Ray could be there at 27, and a decision will have to be made. Jerry loves risks....The temptation will be there just like last year with Manziel

We understand that. But this idea that a "late call" came in with some special news the Cowboys leaked is ridiculous. Teams simply do not tell people who they're going to take. They may mention who they like, but the "experts" don't know whether that's a subterfuge or truth.