Rafael Vela: So How Fat is Montrae Holland?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Eskimo;2441879 said:
But it is a sunk cost - usually better to cut your losses if the player is useless.

If he is so out of shape despite a full TC, preseason and 3 months of play that he can't play - he is useless.

We are saving him for the stretch, meanwhile he's jogging around the field...:D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Larry Allen was worn down and broke years ago

Weight, lifting and all that aged him. He's an old 37 at best. Don't want him dealing with young Dline in 2008-09

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
ddh33;2441838 said:
Why doesn't someone get the actual answer? The guy was a good player for Denver last year, and I don't hardly see why he couldn't be helping this team.

If only the Dallas media wasn't occupied with TO and Pacman, maybe they would ask these questions to the coaches or Jerry.

links18

Reaction score
Eskimo;2441879 said:
But it is a sunk cost - usually better to cut your losses if the player is useless.

If he is so out of shape despite a full TC, preseason and 3 months of play that he can't play - he is useless.

Oh, I agree. Starting to look like the infamous O.J. Santiago fiasco. Who wanted Holland anyway? Did Houck want him? Wade? Honestly, this move has classic Jerry Jones written all over it....

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
So you're saying the staff made yet another mistake in judging the abilities of an offensive lineman? No way.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
goliadmike;2441809 said:
http://i480.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr162/goliadmike/football-fail1.jpg

Now that gives new meaning to dunlap as in your belly dunlapped your belt. :)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Holland mostly played right guard.

I think that has more to do with it than anything.

Its too bad free or mcquistan couldnt slide in there.

pgreptom

Reaction score
I'm e-mailing a few of the writers begging for information on Holland, and what happened, or is happening.

Seems they are all caught up in Pac and T.O, which is understandable.

Iago33

Reaction score
xWraithx;2442232 said:

I lol'd out loud.

I really wish we could get some honest evaluation of our guard prospects. Even if the media asks, Wade would avoid the question and just say Proctor's great--when we all know he isn't.

Smith22

Reaction score
This all falls back on our scouting department and GM. Sooner or later, we have to start drafting OL that can AT LEAST become decent backups. Gurode and Adams are some of our few successes, and it took Gurode a few seasons and position changes to find his home. Now we trade for a OG who seems to be doing nothing, besides eating anyhow.....

khiladi

Reaction score
That .jpb was taken in June of 2008. The guy surely doesn't look that big to me. He looks better than a bunch of the guys on our OL right now....

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
He's working out, at least.

istockphoto_5373536-obese-man-at-stairs.jpg

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Cbz40;2441693 said:
So How Fat is Montrae Holland?

He is so fat that he is the Backup for RG aka MR. BIGG.

So maybe that's the reason why a LG backup aka Mr. Proctor is playing the LG spot and not the RG backup, Mr. Vela :rolleyes:

ddh33

Reaction score
pgreptom;2442170 said:
I'm e-mailing a few of the writers begging for information on Holland, and what happened, or is happening.

Seems they are all caught up in Pac and T.O, which is understandable.

If you get an answer, I hope you post it. I'd like to know the real reason.