Raise your hand if you owe the FO an apology

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just to be clear........the apology I'm speaking of has ZERO TO DO with the regular season. But the overaction to FO NOT signing any free agents within the first week and a half. Although many some poster didn't overact .a lot of us did. Sorry for the confusion.....

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Um, I'm liking the FA moves they have made so far this off-season for the most part and have stated that I feel this FO is definitely getting better at their job. But no "apology" is due a FO that hasn't won jack squat in the last 20+ years, and has driven this once storied franchise into mediocraty hell.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Um, I'm liking the FA moves they have made so far this off-season for the most part and have stated that I feel this FO is definitely getting better at their job. But no "apology" is due a FO that hasn't won jack squat in the last 20+ years, and has driven this once storied franchise into mediocraty hell.
cant argue with that...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The FO really took me by surprise, in that they actually accomplished something more than a weak token signing or two to indicate they care. Hopefully, they'll continue getting on a roll with some more meaningful talent procurements in the draft. It was undoubtedly time to step up their act to acquire the badly needed talent that they did. Obviously, an exceptional draft will now be required to distance this team from their disasters of 2017. Godspeed.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
The FO really took me by surprise, in that they actually accomplished something more than a weak token signing or two to indicate they care. Hopefully, they'll continue being on a roll with a bit more meaningful talent procurements in the draft. It was undoubtedly time to step up their act and sign the badly needed talent that they did. Without a doubt, an exceptional draft will be required to relieve the team from its doldrums of 2017. Godspeed.
This has the feel of Will McClay all the way...every signing. Smart contracts...solid players. Didn't over react and reach/overpay. KUDOS.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
It looked bleak in the beginning. But the more I look at the signings the more at ease I get.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They are starting to do some work. Keep going in FA and the draft will be a big plus. We have a shot at really improving. If we get a descent safety then we can get a LB in the first. Maybe get a DT. And you know there is always a big player that will fall in the first or second round.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm just not seeing what some of you are seeing. We signed a few backups no one else wanted and traded for a fullback.

Meanwhile, we have gaping holes at MLB, S, DT, and LG
That's not how this works. That's why you have a draft to fill those voids. Free agency is usually where you build your depth..the draft is where you get your mainstay players..the main cogs. BE PATIENT. Its just march. Those back ups are necessary. They are young dudes..so they may even exceed expectations. Smart contracts and signings...we didn't back up the brinks truck for anyone. Hurns a back up?!!!! You kidding me? This dude was a number 1 receiver and is still young!

Pokes12

Reaction score
The FO owes us Dallas Fans an apology for 20+ years of ineptitude, malaise and mediocrity.
Right on my brother! While they added to their fortune they fed us pap and a very lousy product. No more. I aint’t buying what Jerruh is selling, nothing.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That's not how this works. That's why you have a draft to fill those voids. Free agency is usually where you build your depth..the draft is where you get your mainstay players..the main cogs. BE PATIENT. Its just march. Those back ups are necessary. They are young dudes..so they may even exceed expectations. Smart contracts and signings...we didn't back up the brinks truck for anyone. Hurns a back up?!!!! You kidding me? This dude was a number 1 receiver and is still young!
Hurns will take a lot of snaps from T-Will. Putting a threat opposite of Dez will go a long way. O-Line depth was great pick up. Draft a top notch LB or even safety if we don’t get one. And someone will drop in the draft. Don’t gamble with our 2nd round pick JJ. Lol.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Be the first to say yes, I owe them one.Think frustration got the best of us ...........It's not how you start, how you finish. So to Stephen, Jerry, and McClay .........job well done.

I feel they haven't earned an apology as of yet. We are talking 20 plus years of agony compared to an ok off-season without the draft yet here.

The cowboys could implode at any moment.

Let' Not get too Skippy!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hurns will take a lot of snaps from T-Will. Putting a threat opposite of Dez will go a long way. O-Line depth was great pick up. Draft a top notch LB or even safety if we don’t get one. And someone will drop in the draft. Don’t gamble with our 2nd round pick JJ. Lol.
Exactly...now Dez has competition..someone to push him to get better. It shouldn't be that way,but in this case,its a great thing. Hurns is a beast if he can stay on the field. To have 2 guys like this will pay off HUGE. They are GOATS. Hurns won my respect playing in the cesspool for so long straight out of college.Now he has a real QB..it will be fun.

Rayman70

Reaction score
TWILL,in my view, is on very thin ice and may be on the trade block.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Best case scenario in draft.

Trade back in the first round with Pittsburgh or New England to get another 2nd round pick. Trade both 4th round picks to move up into the bottom of the 3rd round. Cowboys end up with something like picks 31, 50, 63, 81, 100. That's 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I'll hold off until the season is almost over. I remember last year thinking carroll, Moore, and paea would be some decent contributors for the team and felt like I needed to give credit to the FO for waiting a while.....we saw how that turned out lol

Gaede

Reaction score
Yes he is a backup. He's had under 500 yds and 3 tds the last two years and was just cut by his last team. Twill has better stats.

The off season so far is the exact same dumpster dive we see every year.

We lost a good player and signed a few scrubs who fit into a tiny niche role on our team. While the rest of the underperformers remain intact.