News: Rams and Kupp agree to $80M extension

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You clearly care a lot if this emotional post is any indication.

You have become comfortable in mediocrity.

I expect the Cowboys to win, you on the other hand claim Dallas does not want to win, you can't stand Jerry or the majority of the players yet here you are in the boat with the rest of us. Hell Jerry has nothing to worry about with fans like you. You will come back for more and more regardless.

Ken

Reaction score
Again we disagree. According to many around here the Cowboys are in the top 5 drafting teams in the NFL for the last decade. WTBS, what do they have to show for it? The lifeblood is being smart in FA. Look at the last 5-7 super bowl winners. All of the Their drafts are meh, with a good kick every here and there. But look at their FA moves. They are all superior to the rest of the NFL with the big time FA seasons.
I don't know about 5 of 7 but certainly the Rams, Eagles and Bucs did. The Bucs had a VERY talented team thru the draft though and Brady and Gronk were a package deal...

Eagles got super lucky as did the Rams last year. If Tart catches as well as my 13 year old, we aren't having this convo.

Ken

Reaction score
Collins is possibly the best blocking guard in the nfl despite his other issues, Amari was our best and most talented wr and still tied for the td lead, and randy was hyperbole but was extremely disruptive.

and I know dallas can do it, but it’s sold as though they’re unable. Meanwhile in LA…
Collins hasn't played G in a few years...so I don't know how you are saying that.

2019 Amari is the best WR on our team. Last year it was actually Wilson down the last 6 games or so. Amari did not play well last year.

Randy could be disruptive, but he simply didn't produce. I am personally glad that he spurned the Jone's. Blessing in disguise.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Really he is the highest paid WR in the NFL what because he does not wear the star he is not a me me player? Players play for money period, they don't give a damn about your culture crap. If Jacksonville is willing to pay big money player will go, Miami not exactly a power house but they are willing to play and player will go just as Hill did.
I see you can't sense sarcasm with the "me me me" statement I made.

Again, color me shocked.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I expect the Cowboys to win, you on the other hand claim Dallas does not want to win, you can't stand Jerry or the majority of the players yet here you are in the boat with the rest of us. Hell Jerry has nothing to worry about with fans like you. You will come back for more and more regardless.
You have become comfortable in the mediocrity.

You say you expect the Cowboys to win, but if they don't, you seem perfectly fine in them doing business as usual.

27th years a charm, right?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You have become comfortable in the mediocrity.

You say you expect the Cowboys to win, but if they don't, you seem perfectly fine in them doing business as usual.

27th years a charm, right?

They will play the games and we will see. Again none of this has stopped you, you think your whining is going to change anything? Myself I hope they can build off last season and advance if not sure I will be disappointed. I pull for the Longhorns as well, they had a horrid season last year but come Sept 3rd I will be cheering them on. I'm not a fan based on winning. I follow these teams because I am a life long fan. I'm disappointed when they lose and thrilled when they win. At the end of the season win or lose my life does not change. I get nothing for winning, in years the Cowboys have won the SB I received nothing from the team. I choose to be a fan and I enjoy the game and I'm Cowboys fans win, lose or tie

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
They will play the games and we will see. Again none of this has stopped you, you think your whining is going to change anything? Myself I hope they can build off last season and advance if not sure I will be disappointed. I pull for the Longhorns as well, they had a horrid season last year but come Sept 3rd I will be cheering them on. I'm not a fan based on winning. I follow these teams because I am a life long fan. I'm disappointed when they lose and thrilled when they win. At the end of the season win or lose my life does not change. I get thing for winning, in years the Cowboys have won the SB I received nothing from the team. I choose to be a fan and I enjoy the game and I'm Cowboys fans win, lose or tie
I do the same.

I just like to voice my opinions about what should happen regardless of whether they change anything or not.

Being a fan can be about much more than just falling in line.

I see Browns fans all over the internet furious about the situation their ownership has put them in. Do they have no right to feel that way? Does that make them less of fans because they criticize decisions? Should they just accept what they are given like good little followers?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I do the same.

I just like to voice my opinions about what should happen regardless of whether they change anything or not.

Being a fan can be about much more than just falling in line.

I see Browns fans all over the internet furious about the situation their ownership has put them in. Do they have no right to feel that way? Does that make them less of fans because they criticize decisions? Should they just accept what they are given like good little followers?

and I have been critical of thing I have disagree with it. I hated the Roy Williams trade but I did not slam Roy Williams nor did I constantly harp on it. DLaw getting the contract then seeing his play fall off be it injury or some other reason but I was still pulling for him to get it done and will do so again. I would add that if I had the means to buy a football team I would not hire Jerry Jones to be the GM. Over the years things I have agreed with certain moves and have disagreed with others but at the end of the day I pull for this team to get it done. When this franchise was going 5-11 under Campo my expectation were low, I was not looking for SB I was looking to upgrade talent. Now with the current team my expectations are much higher I expect them to challenge

Proof

Reaction score
Collins hasn't played G in a few years...so I don't know how you are saying that.

2019 Amari is the best WR on our team. Last year it was actually Wilson down the last 6 games or so. Amari did not play well last year.

Randy could be disruptive, but he simply didn't produce. I am personally glad that he spurned the Jone's. Blessing in disguise.

i didn’t say that amari played well last year, i’m just still insistent that he’s the best of the bunch can agree to disagree, that’s fine. he torched the bucs then broke his ribs.

randy was productive last year, pretty sure he forced the most turnovers of any DE in the league.

regardless LA and Dallas are on completely different operation models. One is aggressive and opportunistic, the other apathetic and complacent

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, their thought processes don't even go that far.

Reminds me of a lot of fans who scream "WE WON, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS"!!!

Well, to a fan that is true, that's all that matters. However, a GM absolutely cannot afford to think that way. Problem is, that is exactly the way Jerry thinks. A true GM evaluates the team and tries to figure out how to get better no matter what. Jerry does not. He truly sees the 12-5 record and thinks we lost in the playoffs due to bad luck, or bad officiating, or maybe because someone was injured. He actually buys into all the excuses we see here on the boards, believes them heart and soul.
Your comment years ago which was so fitting and accurate still stand true today.

“ Our owner runs Cowboys Football thru the eyes of a fan.”

Probably the best insight and analysis these forums have ever had.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, their thought processes don't even go that far.

Reminds me of a lot of fans who scream "WE WON, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS"!!!

Well, to a fan that is true, that's all that matters. However, a GM absolutely cannot afford to think that way. Problem is, that is exactly the way Jerry thinks. A true GM evaluates the team and tries to figure out how to get better no matter what. Jerry does not. He truly sees the 12-5 record and thinks we lost in the playoffs due to bad luck, or bad officiating, or maybe because someone was injured. He actually buys into all the excuses we see here on the boards, believes them heart and soul.
"We went 12-5! What are you mad about!"

Ken

Reaction score
i didn’t say that amari played well last year, i’m just still insistent that he’s the best of the bunch can agree to disagree, that’s fine. he torched the bucs then broke his ribs.

randy was productive last year, pretty sure he forced the most turnovers of any DE in the league.

regardless LA and Dallas are on completely different operation models. One is aggressive and opportunistic, the other apathetic and complacent
Randy tied Micah for the team lead with 3 but that wasn't even close to the top...not top DE.

I do wish they were a bit more aggressive but I love the youth we keep adding to our team. I think this will pay off for us at some point.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You’d think Jethro would see what the Rams and Bucs did last 2 years and roll the dice with some bold moves to bolster our roster to win now.

Afterall this is why he says he must be the GM cause no one else is in a position to take the risk necessary to win.
Honest question: What big-spending risks did Tampa take?

I think both teams got rare opportunities to land great QBs and did so. Neither wins a SB without those guys, obviously.
Dallas feels (right or wrong) that they already have that guy

Otherwise, I think the Rams are mostly a league outlier. Ditching all their 1st round picks for players.

Proof

Reaction score
Randy tied Micah for the team lead with 3 but that wasn't even close to the top...not top DE.

I do wish they were a bit more aggressive but I love the youth we keep adding to our team. I think this will pay off for us at some point.

5 turnovers forced by qb pressure, tied for 1st.

but this has run it's course

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Honest question: What big-spending risks did Tampa take?

I think both teams got rare opportunities to land great QBs and did so. Neither wins a SB without those guys, obviously.
Dallas feels (right or wrong) that they already have that guy

Otherwise, I think the Rams are mostly a league outlier. Ditching all their 1st round picks for players.
Tampa not only brought in Brady but Gronk, Fourtnette and Brown. Those weren’t all big risk financially but players well past their prime . That was the risk .

And Rams took a huge risk for all of those 1st round picks . And it payed off big time . Nobody’s cares about the future if you win a SB.

Last edited:

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Being able to re-sign their own (Stafford, Donald and Kupp) plus supplement the team's talent with a big name/big money free agent (Wagner) is very commendable. Les Snead has a had a great offseason...again.

The fact that the Rams are also willing to make trades in-season to bolster their roster is also commendable.

A franchise that is serious about winning rather than empty talk and excuses, must be nice for their fans.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tampa not only brought in Brady but Gronk, Fourtnette and Brown. Those weren’t all big risk financially but players well past their prime . That was the risk .

And Rams took a huge risk for all of those 1st round picks . And it payed off big time . Nobody’s cares about the future if you win a SB.

Hard to say if we have enough team to go further if we had an Elite QB. Dak is good eno
Oh, I know.
I'm just saying those were all relatively cheap options and not a single one of those guys goes to Tampa without Brady being there.
Fairly low-risk moves given the low cost, and again, not possible without Brady.

As I already said, the Rams are another story. They are definitely the most aggressive franchise, non-draft personal-wise.
A huge outlier.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Here's Stephen saying the cap is "real," while this guy is saying it's not cash money but rather, an accounting loophole, instead.
Perhaps Stephen Jones needs to take lessons from the Rams' financial wizards?! If legit, it sounds pretty astounding . . .:huh:

Actually, I can't help but to wonder if it's possible that the NFL hierarchy might ever see fit to render such practices as forbidden.

Cap boy has what 23 million to play with and is still sitting on it? Meantime the Rams who looked like they had no cap room keep making their team better and keep their top talent. Hey but the Jones boys are rich and continue to milk their cash cow franchise and don't even have to compete let alone win a super bowl to do so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh, I know.
I'm just saying those were all relatively cheap options and not a single one of those guys goes to Tampa without Brady being there.
Fairly low-risk moves given the low cost, and again, not possible without Brady.

As I already said, the Rams are another story. They are definitely the most aggressive franchise, non-draft personal-wise.
A huge outlier.
True but both great examples of different type of risk taking that paid off.