News: Rams and Kupp agree to $80M extension

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not upset at all, all I said is the Rams are not some blue print, every team out there does not follow how the rams did it, most teams in the NFL are not going to give up draft picks as the rams did. As for the deal that Kupp got I have no issue with it because it falls in line with the market for WR.
Okay, maybe the Rams aren't a blue print, but what the Cowboys have done for the past 26 years is certainly much worse.

At least the Rams are trying to win championships.

Flamma

Reaction score
Not upset at all, all I said is the Rams are not some blue print, every team out there does not follow how the rams did it, most teams in the NFL are not going to give up draft picks as the rams did. As for the deal that Kupp got I have no issue with it because it falls in line with the market for WR.

DLaw has a 3 year contract right now. If he broke the sack record next year, would you be ok with the Cowboys adding 30M to his last 2 remaining years just to say, good job? Or expect him to play out his two years?

Proof

Reaction score
So, you are saying the guy who produced the best season ever by a WR was signed to a deal that isn't the most lucrative in history?

That is the real headline here. The next contract doesn't HAVE to be the biggest.

his previous deal was team friendly and undervalued as well. just seems like total package

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We did well with Johnson and Parcells coaching. Now Jerry has taken everything over. He's not good at it. But in press conferences he'll make you believe every option is on the table. They're not. We could go 13-3, lose the championship game and the off season would not change. Go 3-13 and it would be the same.
We always get worse before we get better.

This organization has no idea how to build on a successful season. That's why we can't win back to back divisional titles. We go from looking head and shoulders better than everyone last year (and proving it on the field) to most people picking the Eagles this year because, on paper, they got much better and we got worse.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Okay, maybe the Rams aren't a blue print, but what the Cowboys have done for the past 26 years is certainly much worse.

At least the Rams are trying to win championships.

That is your view, you claim Jerry does not want to win because he will not do things you want him to do. I don't buy that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So, you are saying the guy who produced the best season ever by a WR was signed to a deal that isn't the most lucrative in history?

That is the real headline here. The next contract doesn't HAVE to be the biggest.
That's what happens when you build a winning culture.

When you show that you are committed to building a winner players will want to play for you.

If you build it. They will come.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DLaw has a 3 year contract right now. If he broke the sack record next year, would you be ok with the Cowboys adding 30M to his last 2 remaining years just to say, good job? Or expect him to play out his two years?

Tough question, given past injuries and age I would be reluctant to do so.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

When you show that you are committed to building a winner players will want to play for you.

LOL if you pay they will come, hell they will go to Jacksonville or Miami if you pay out big money. Tyreek Hill goes to Miami on a big money deal leaving SB contender KC. It is all about the money nothing more.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Certainly seems to be something wrong with our current model.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Certainly seems to be something wrong with our current model.
You have to be willfully blind to not see it.

I mean, just look at the people on this post defending Jerry and the way he runs the organization.

They have become comfortable in the mediocrity. They bask in being good enough to win the division every few year. They brag about things like losing prettier to the 49ers than the Packers did. They have fully accepted it with open arms.

They, my friend, have been Stockholm'd.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

2:34 begins to explain it.

Teams with a lot of cash flow can do it.

Jerry's is not well liquidated apparently.

LOL. SMH.

What an idiot to the left. Why cant they script the show in a normal serious way ? Do they think their audience consists only of idiots ?
Finally they have someone who actually knows some interessting stuff and they have to pull the niveau of the show down by that kind of crap.

Id rather read thru the official cap papers myself than listen to those kind of shows. At least i get the information from the main source and not some abstract interpretation from someone else. "Cash Flow"; "accounting" bla bla. Thats a child could tell you. Give me some detailed information.

BTW: The contract details of Kupps contract are not even public. How come those experts already explain how the rams were able to fit him under their cap ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You think with your heart instead of your brain when it comes to Jerry.

Color me shocked.

lol frankly I don't care what you think. You don't know a damn thing about me, you make dumb remarks about people you don't know. I don't give a damn about Jerry Jones, what I do know is he owns this team and that is not going to change. So you can keep on whining about it or go pull for someone else. Really kind of stupid to pull for a team you can't support? Really you enjoy this? You talk about others being blinded by Jerry, hell you are the one who follows the team despite the fact that jerry own the team. maybe you need to look at yourself,

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL if you pay they will come, hell they will go to Jacksonville or Miami if you pay out big money. Tyreek Hill goes to Miami on a big money deal leaving SB contender KC. It is all about the money nothing more.
Yeah, Tyreek Hill doesn't strike me as a "me, me, me" guy at all.....

There's exceptions to everything.

Every great player isn't going chase the money. There are great players that know they can get paid and still be a part of a winning culture.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
lol frankly I don't care what you think. You don't know a damn thing about me, you make dumb remarks about people you don't know. I don't give a damn about Jerry Jones, what I do know is he owns this team and that is not going to change. So you can keep on whining about it or go pull for someone else. Really kind of stupid to pull for a team you can't support? Really you enjoy this? You talk about others being blinded by Jerry, hell you are the one who follows the team despite the fact that jerry own the team. maybe you need to look at yourself,
You clearly care a lot if this emotional post is any indication.

You have become comfortable in mediocrity.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, Tyreek Hill doesn't strike me as a "me, me, me" guy at all.....

There's exceptions to everything.

Every great player isn't going chase the money. There are great players that know they can get paid and still be a part of a winning culture.

Really he is the highest paid WR in the NFL what because he does not wear the star he is not a me me player? Players play for money period, they don't give a damn about your culture crap. If Jacksonville is willing to pay big money player will go, Miami not exactly a power house but they are willing to play and player will go just as Hill did.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The Rams aren't doing anything Dallas hasn't already tried. They went through a period where they signed high priced free agents in need positions early in free agency. They moved money around and manipulated the cap just like the Rams are doing. The difference is Jerry and Stephen picked the wrong players, had seriously bad coaching in place, and have built a culture that doesn't demand hard work, accountability, and production that matches your contract. They got burned too many times and decided to stop. You have to have the coaches and culture to make what the Rams are doing work.