Rams attempting to trade for Beckham

kskboys

Reaction score
Dude, who gives a good flying **** what "Jason Garrett wants"?

He can "want to win" as much as he possibly can. The fact is that the man is not capable of winning. He's never been capable of any of the jobs this team has gifted him.

Did he ever earn the title of offensive coordinator? No! Jerry Jones gave it to him!

Did he ever earn the head coaching job? Again! No! Jerry Jones gave it to him!

He can "want" until the cows come home, his wants have as much to do with actually being able to win as my own. None.

I'm sure he wants to win a whole ton. He just can't.

And look at his track record, he's won for himself, and only succeeded in saving his own hide.

In 2015, his "win one for the Clapper" gave us a meaningless, snoozefest victory against the Commanders, and made the difference between Carson Wentz at the #2 pick or not. Garrett got us "not".

And last year, despite this team being off the rails, he continued to stack up meaningless wins to save his own hide. Of course never winning the games that mattered. And the idiot even went so far as to give us that week seventeen disgrace against Eagles third stringers.

Serving nothing other than himself and dropping the team's draft positiondown even further. All in the name of self preservation.

He wins when it counts for him. Never when it matters most for this team.
The Eagles have cost us draft position twice now, and it took a lot of effort for them to lose both times. And we're so clueless, we don't even notice!!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s what I don’t get. I uderstand the interest but 10 pages? Until something happens who cares?

If they trade him to the Rams then we can complain about how much better the Rams are and if they don’t we can complain that we still have to face him twice a year. Fascinating stuff.
It's a thread based on a possibility.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Terrible O-line and an old QB.

Good player but he won't do anything for that team besides create sportscenter highlights.

I hope they waste a top 5 pick on him.
Get Barkley and draft offensive line later on in the draft and in next years drsft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They have picks. And it involves one of the leagues best receivers.

Why does it bother you so much?
Doesn't bother me. I asked a simple question. What does this have to do with the Cowboys.........I'm just curious to where is the line? Like were are the posts on Antonio Brown or Julio Jones.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't bother me. I asked a simple question. What does this have to do with the Cowboys.........I'm just curious to where is the line? Like were are the posts on Antonio Brown or Julio Jones.

When they're in the same division, the rules for conversation might be different.

Proof

Reaction score
Dude, who gives a good flying **** what "Jason Garrett wants"?

He can "want to win" as much as he possibly can. The fact is that the man is not capable of winning. He's never been capable of any of the jobs this team has gifted him.

Did he ever earn the title of offensive coordinator? No! Jerry Jones gave it to him!

Did he ever earn the head coaching job? Again! No! Jerry Jones gave it to him!

He can "want" until the cows come home, his wants have as much to do with actually being able to win as my own. None.

I'm sure he wants to win a whole ton. He just can't.

And look at his track record, he's won for himself, and only succeeded in saving his own hide.

In 2015, his "win one for the Clapper" gave us a meaningless, snoozefest victory against the Commanders, and made the difference between Carson Wentz at the #2 pick or not. Garrett got us "not".

And last year, despite this team being off the rails, he continued to stack up meaningless wins to save his own hide. Of course never winning the games that mattered. And the idiot even went so far as to give us that week seventeen disgrace against Eagles third stringers.

Serving nothing other than himself and dropping the team's draft positiondown even further. All in the name of self preservation.

He wins when it counts for him. Never when it matters most for this team.

Good stuff.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would think at least 2 1st's or a 1st and a 2nd. Not some late round picks either.

I think the Rams would give up their first this year and either their third this year or their second next year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think the Rams would give up their first this year and either their third this year or their second next year.
I think they would too. But a late 1st rounder possibly? Giants are getting robbed. First off, I don't think Giants even intend to trade ODB. I think he's their franchise player and they will ride him out IMO.

But if he does get traded....the value has to be for someone that is a star. Its hard to think of someone that was a star at his position being traded because it rarely happens.

But Odell is considered if not the best receiver in the league.....top 2 between him and Antonio. A late 1st rounder or a couple of late round picks isn't going to cut it. Being that the Rams are a playoff team....that's why I don't see them even being a viable option for him. Giants would rather keep him than get back a late 1st rounder.

Then do what at QB?

They like Webb. Drafting quarterback at #2 isn't the best use of their resources. If they want a qb they should trade down out of that pick. If they want a lineman...they should trade down from that pick. If they want a guy who's going to come right in and have a immediate impact while they try and get something out of Eli? Its Barkley.

I'd draft Barkley now and worry about my line later than I would overdraft for a guard or tackle at #2.

The last thing they need to do is draft a lineman that high. If they do....great for us Cowboy fans.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they would too. But a late 1st rounder possibly? Giants are getting robbed. First off, I don't think Giants even intend to trade ODB. I think he's their franchise player and they will ride him out IMO.

But if he does get traded....the value has to be for someone that is a star. Its hard to think of someone that was a star at his position being traded because it rarely happens.

But Odell is considered if not the best receiver in the league.....top 2 between him and Antonio. A late 1st rounder or a couple of late round picks isn't going to cut it. Being that the Rams are a playoff team....that's why I don't see them even being a viable option for him. Giants would rather keep him than get back a late 1st rounder..

A possibility as well. But if they can't or won't re-sign him it makes sense to move on and get something.

rags747

Reaction score

But Odell is considered if not the best receiver in the league.....top 2 between him and Antonio. A late 1st rounder or a couple of late round picks isn't going to cut it. Being that the Rams are a playoff team....that's why I don't see them even being a viable option for him. Giants would rather keep him than get back a late 1st rounder.

They like Webb. Drafting quarterback at #2 isn't the best use of their resources. If they want a qb they should trade down out of that pick. If they want a lineman...they should trade down from that pick. If they want a guy who's going to come right in and have a immediate impact while they try and get something out of Eli? Its Barkley.

I'd draft Barkley now and worry about my line later than I would overdraft for a guard or tackle at #2.

The last thing they need to do is draft a lineman that high. If they do....great for us Cowboy fans.
I have not seen anything that tells me that they like Webb at all. Last year there were zero thoughts of actually putting him in which probably would have been the smart thing to do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have not seen anything that tells me that they like Webb at all. Last year there were zero thoughts of actually putting him in which probably would have been the smart thing to do.

"Shurmur is already impressed with Webb’s diligence, noting he sees him in the team facility virtually every day, following Manning around. Next, Shurmur pored over Webb’s college tape and compared it with the top quarterbacks in the draft.

“I went back, as I was watching this year’s quarterbacks I went back and watched his college film to compare him to the guys coming out this year, I went back and revisited my notes from doing him [as the Vikings offensive coordinator] a year ago, we had him rated highly,” Shurmur said. “The unfortunate thing for me is there’s just not a lot of him playing football in a Giants helmet, which would have been a good thing for me to see moving forward. That is what it is, but I’m looking forward to working with him, for sure.”

I'm not saying they won't draft QB......but they like Webb enough to at least to compare him to the QB's in this draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A possibility as well. But if they can't or won't re-sign him it makes sense to move on and get something.

Yeah you don't want to not get anything at all for him. I'm not convinced they don't want him. If they truly don't.....Mara is really lowering his value by coming out in public and expressing that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah you don't want to not get anything at all for him. I'm not convinced they don't want him. If they truly don't.....Mara is really lowering his value by coming out in public and expressing that.

I think that the Giants are done with all of the nonsense that comes with him. Between this video and then demanding $20 million a year or he won't get on the field?

I think they're looking to get away from him while still salvaging some value.

It's just my opinion, but I think this year's 1st rounder and another pick, say this year's third rounder, or next year's second rounder, will get it done.

Anyone trading for him knows about his baggage and his demands. To me, that drops what someone would pay in a trade.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All that talent, and they will have 100 mil under that cap after this season. Apparently they have a slightly better "process"

Their process hasn't achieved any more success than the Cowboys have had.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Amazing the difference between a well coaching and run franchise as compared to the cowboys.

What makes them a better coached or ran organization? 11-5 and 1 and done. Inherited a team full of early draft picks because they were bottom dwellers for years. Beat one team that went to the playoffs last year. Sean M had a great rookie year, no doubt about it and they did an amazing job, not trying to take away from it. But 1 decent year out of the last 12 or so doesn't sound like an organization that is ran tremendously well. And color me unimpressed by running out and signing big name FA, we tried that, never worked. Maybe it will for them but not going to give them praise for it. We will see how they do after this year when all the draft picks are due to leave.