Rams attempting to trade for Beckham

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
All that talent, and they will have 100 mil under that cap after this season. Apparently they have a slightly better "process"
b/c of a lot of 1-2 year/s deals. But they still have to sign Donaldson.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
That is a lot of dangerous talent, and I see what they are trying to do, but we have seen what can happen to these "dream teams". Still, I bet it is nice as a Rams fan to see your team putting in all their chips to at least attempt to achieve greatness.

True, seen teams do it before but forget to draft, or traded draft picks, for the future of the org. They go all in and in 2 years if it hasn't work either cap issues or players are no longer in their prime. I wouldn't mind trying it with FAs but I don't like to give up draft picks.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The sports radio was talking about piling a bunch 'unique character' types into the same locker room,it seldom works out to the good. ( some voice for N.Y. said today that OBJ is on there *giant's* roster)
LA. Is aggressive in making a stronger push this season, that's for sure.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What makes them a better coached or ran organization? 11-5 and 1 and done. Inherited a team full of early draft picks because they were bottom dwellers for years. Beat one team that went to the playoffs last year. Sean M had a great rookie year, no doubt about it and they did an amazing job, not trying to take away from it. But 1 decent year out of the last 12 or so doesn't sound like an organization that is ran tremendously well. And color me unimpressed by running out and signing big name FA, we tried that, never worked. Maybe it will for them but not going to give them praise for it. We will see how they do after this year when all the draft picks are due to leave.

So you are admitting you dont see it?

Well for starters they turned around one of the worst offenses in the NFL and the new young coach turned it into one of the best if not the best. He came up with more ideas for their new offense then Garrett has in his 11 years here.

You look at simple things like using the RB in the passing game. Then when looking at gm management you have them letting a receiver like Watkins go and spending that kind of money on a DT like Suh. And this is after they already have the best DT in the game in Aaron Donald. The clearly value defense. And they value the DT position where the Cowboys barely give it a passing glance.

Instead the Cowboys are looking to pay a guy like Watkins, another receiver, 16 million a year instead of investing in it in their defense like the Rams. And all this after making the mistake with Dez and now making it all over again.

The Cowboys are morons and its obvious. This new regime of the Rams clearly knows what they are doing. If you cant see it, no big deal.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Superbowls are not won in March.Despite a couple of notable outliers right in our division, the 2016 Giant off-season that took them to 11-5 and the 2017 Eagle season last yr.,it is a rare circumstance that off-season higher-priced FAs all fit into place and have great next seasons.History is clear on this one. While it happened for the NYG in 2016 the hangover season of 2017 when two years out from overpaying for players in contract years, was a chicken that came home to roost. Now its the Eagles turn to be the chicken as all their FA acquisitions were excellent last year.We'll see. Anyone who thinks the aquisition of bad actors like Suh and OBJ ends up rooting for a team with suspensions and young recievers goofing on pleasure boats before playoff games.The Belechick-way works,the Eagles and Rams way...rarely.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
So you are admitting you dont see it?

Well for starters they turned around one of the worst offenses in the NFL and the new young coach turned it into one of the best if not the best. He came up with more ideas for their new offense then Garrett has in his 11 years here.

You look at simple things like using the RB in the passing game. Then when looking at gm management you have them letting a receiver like Watkins go and spending that kind of money on a DT like Suh. And this is after they already have the best DT in the game in Aaron Donald. The clearly value defense. And they value the DT position where the Cowboys barely give it a passing glance.

Instead the Cowboys are looking to pay a guy like Watkins, another receiver, 16 million a year instead of investing in it in their defense like the Rams. And all this after making the mistake with Dez and now making it all over again.

The Cowboys are morons and its obvious. This new regime of the Rams clearly knows what they are doing. If you cant see it, no big deal.

So because the FO don't see things your way, they are morons? Got it. Bottom line, the Rams have been horrible for several years. Their last winning season was in like 2004 or something. They had a good year last year. And for all their creativeness and being a great coach, they were one and done. Good for them but that doesn't make them an organization one should run and try to be like. Now, maybe they will be, but it takes more than one good year to convince me. Hell, Garrett has won 13 and 12 and 9 games in 3 of the last 4 years but according to you he is a horrible coach but this guy wins 11 games and you are ready to put him in the HOF.

You talk about adding Defensive talent by adding Suh, but neglect to account for the FA we signed to an even bigger contract, Lawrence. Not to mention all the Draft picks and all the FA signings last year were all on the defensive side of the ball. I would also venture out to say most of our picks in the upcoming draft will be Defense as well.

You are also blaming them for mistakes they didn't even make. They didn't sign Watkins. And signing Dez was a not a mistake. He was worth every penny he signed for at the time of the signing, he may not be worth his salary today due to injuries and stuff but unless you can see the future, there is no way to know that will happen.

I get it, its all the rage to hate on the coach and FO so let's all be sheep and just jump on the bandwagon so we can all fit into the forum circle and not think for ourselves. I get it. But stating a 11-5 one and done season after 15 years or so of nothing but losing seasons is a great organization is just plain stupid. If you can't see it, no big deal.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I don't see it happening. Brown's are after power house Saquon Barkley and rumor has it, Foles is on that list as well. With them two alone, the Brown's have a few wins already for '18 season lol. Anyway, their new WR's coach is Adam Henry. Not only did Henry coach Beckham at LSU, but also with the Gnat '16-'17 Seasons. Then you have Beckham's good buddy from LSU, Landry. They became the first pair of receivers in school history to finish with more than 1,000 yards in the same season in '13.

The two are both 3x Pro Bowlers who have combined for 60 TD catches since '14. Browns receivers combined for seven last year. Besides, Henry knows how to handle these two fiery personalities. He's done it before. You heard it here first. ;)
And that's the rest of the story :dance:

dallasdave

Reaction score
The sports radio was talking about piling a bunch 'unique character' types into the same locker room,it seldom works out to the good. ( some voice for N.Y. said today that OBJ is on there *giant's* roster)
Just as long a OBJ is out of Dallas's division.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Superbowls are not won in March.Despite a couple of notable outliers right in our division, the 2016 Giant off-season that took them to 11-5 and the 2017 Eagle season last yr.,it is a rare circumstance that off-season higher-priced FAs all fit into place and have great next seasons.History is clear on this one. While it happened for the NYG in 2016 the hangover season of 2017 when two years out from overpaying for players in contract years, was a chicken that came home to roost. Now its the Eagles turn to be the chicken as all their FA acquisitions were excellent last year.We'll see. Anyone who thinks the aquisition of bad actors like Suh and OBJ ends up rooting for a team with suspensions and young recievers goofing on pleasure boats before playoff games.The Belechick-way works,the Eagles and Rams way...rarely.
Pretty good&insightful post North-D!:clap:
* sometimes, just hitting that 'like' casing-liner doesn't really convey that& personal expressed appreciation are / should not be deemed out of the ordinaryo_O*

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So because the FO don't see things your way, they are morons? Got it. Bottom line, the Rams have been horrible for several years. Their last winning season was in like 2004 or something. They had a good year last year. And for all their creativeness and being a great coach, they were one and done. Good for them but that doesn't make them an organization one should run and try to be like. Now, maybe they will be, but it takes more than one good year to convince me. Hell, Garrett has won 13 and 12 and 9 games in 3 of the last 4 years but according to you he is a horrible coach but this guy wins 11 games and you are ready to put him in the HOF.

You talk about adding Defensive talent by adding Suh, but neglect to account for the FA we signed to an even bigger contract, Lawrence. Not to mention all the Draft picks and all the FA signings last year were all on the defensive side of the ball. I would also venture out to say most of our picks in the upcoming draft will be Defense as well.

You are also blaming them for mistakes they didn't even make. They didn't sign Watkins. And signing Dez was a not a mistake. He was worth every penny he signed for at the time of the signing, he may not be worth his salary today due to injuries and stuff but unless you can see the future, there is no way to know that will happen.

I get it, its all the rage to hate on the coach and FO so let's all be sheep and just jump on the bandwagon so we can all fit into the forum circle and not think for ourselves. I get it. But stating a 11-5 one and done season after 15 years or so of nothing but losing seasons is a great organization is just plain stupid. If you can't see it, no big deal.
Talking about the new regime, the new head coach. Try and keep up. And no the cowboys are morons because of their performance.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Got some characters on this board--where is Putty ????

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Cooper Kupp, a 1st and 3rd is what I would take from the Giants.

Throw in a coonditional pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you believe that the Rams turned over complete operation control to a first time 30 something yr old coach? Ok!! And just for the record, a would much rather be a "mindless homer" than a mindless hater.

Oh so you want to know what I mean instead of telling me what I mean? I have been quite clear. I really like this new head coach who clearly has a lot of power and say in the organization. A lot more then say than a puppet like Garrett. Now you said you liked the coach as well so lets just leave it at that. Now do you like that they don't pay Watkins 16 million and instead use that money on a guy like Suh? How about having Suh and Aaron Donald at Tackle. You like that? Cowboys like to pay receivers in a run first offense and the Rams like to pay Dlineman. Which strategy to you prefer?