Rams looking to trade or cut Gurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

817Gill

Reaction score
stop the we shouldnt have signed Zeke, I find it odd that Johnson got moved but look what they got for him...htown gave up Hopkins and a 2 for him.. obviously RB is still important..Gurley is bad example because he was already hurt when they signed him it was dumb he had the knee they still inked him..

ZEKE IS THE ONLY BACK WHO AFTER SIGNING STILL MADE IT TOP 4 ONLY 30 YARDS SHORT OF CM of making it to 3? HE IS NEVER HURT ENOUGH TO MISS GAMES, HES STILL GAME PLANNED FOR AND VERY RELATIVE..I dont care about what he was in 2016 to now.. he still a beast and of the staff would have utilized him more in the pass game , he would be even more valuable..

teams still pick RBs top 5 after all this SB went high...you dont pay scrubs or inured players but Zeke not one of those...
its team by team and player by player situation on if you should or shouldnt sign the RB..

we relied on Dak more big puffy numbers and still finished 8-8 but Dak getting 32mil on a FT.. want 120 guarteed and 35 mil SMH thats an issue it ;like 18% of our cap zekes making around 13 mil atear the first 3 years.. thats not out of line..
How people are mad at almost 1800 all-purpose yards and 14 TD’s is beyond me. Dude didn’t even get a TC to warm up lol. If he gives us anything near this production the next 2 years it was a great deal, not to mention we have an out in 2022.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Per CBS Sports.

Arizona just dumped Johnson’s contract and now the Rams want to dump their highly paid TB.

That is because unlike our idiot FO teams realize they can't tie up big contracts into running backs.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How people are mad at almost 1800 all-purpose yards and 14 TD’s is beyond me. Dude didn’t even get a TC to warm up lol. If he gives us anything near this production the next 2 years it was a great deal, not to mention we have an out in 2022.

....and that got Dallas what: 7-9.

Dreski

Reaction score
Sure but at the time Gurley signed his deal he was also a more explosive TB than Elliott, who at times last year, showed some slow down.
I think they’re just different runners, Zeke gains a lot of tough yards that a lot of backs wouldn’t get. I’m thinking we might see different run plays with McCarthy’s offense. Moore was great, but our offense still seemed predictable at times

Sydla

Reaction score
stop the we shouldnt have signed Zeke, I find it odd that Johnson got moved but look what they got for him...htown gave up Hopkins and a 2 for him.. obviously RB is still important..Gurley is bad example because he was already hurt when they signed him it was dumb he had the knee they still inked him..

ZEKE IS THE ONLY BACK WHO AFTER SIGNING STILL MADE IT TOP 4 ONLY 30 YARDS SHORT OF CM of making it to 3? HE IS NEVER HURT ENOUGH TO MISS GAMES, HES STILL GAME PLANNED FOR AND VERY RELATIVE..I dont care about what he was in 2016 to now.. he still a beast and of the staff would have utilized him more in the pass game , he would be even more valuable..

teams still pick RBs top 5 after all this SB went high...you dont pay scrubs or inured players but Zeke not one of those...
its team by team and player by player situation on if you should or shouldnt sign the RB..

we relied on Dak more big puffy numbers and still finished 8-8 but Dak getting 32mil on a FT.. want 120 guarteed and 35 mil SMH thats an issue it ;like 18% of our cap zekes making around 13 mil atear the first 3 years.. thats not out of line..

Ummmm, Houston got a 2nd, they didn't give up one for Johnson. It was Johnson + a 2nd round pick for Hopkins and a 4th rounder. So no, Johnson didn't have as much value as you thought.

The Elliott move was just not a very smart contract.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The record of the Dallas Cowboys was 8-8 last year. That’s a team record, I don’t think they do W-L records for individual players man. Idk tho lemme check

I stand corrected....but missed the playoffs and look at Zeke's rushing stats 1st half of the season VS 2nd half.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ummmm, Houston got a 2nd, they didn't give up one for Johnson.

The Elliott move was just not a very smart contract.
With him having 2 years left on his contract I thought the money wasn’t as bad as some thought. More of a extension. To much money yes. But not as bad as I first thought. I could see us cutting or trading him if he don’t perform at a high level each year.

Gameover

Reaction score
Don't invest in runningbacks.. It's stupid.

They single handedly screwed up the RB market and we followed their footsteps.

Now they paid a slightly above mediocre QB and we have to now pay our slightly above mediocre QB.

Following the Rams stupidity.. It's what we do.
Not exactly scrub... we didn’t follow the Rams to the SB

Sydla

Reaction score

Because we are overpaying for the production. That's what people have an issue with. If Elliott was making $8MM a year, you'd hear less complaining but we are paying him the highest contract for a TB ever and you see teams win and build running games with far less invested in their TBs.

817Gill

Reaction score
I stand corrected....but missed the playoffs and look at Zeke's rushing stats 1st half of the season VS 2nd half.
I get it but you also see a decline in every aspect of the team in the second half. Literally every stat was better in the first half of the season, weeks 9-17 we were 3-5 and had some of our worst games as a team. 1-3 against non Giants/Skins.

Call it the team quitting on Garrett or whatever you want but I def think there was a team wide step back that second half. To blame one guy is disingenuous IMO

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Is there a GM out there as dumb as Bill O'Brien? We'll find out soon.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because we are overpaying for the production. That's what people have an issue with. If Elliott was making $8MM a year, you'd hear less complaining but we are paying him the highest contract for a TB ever and you see teams win and build running games with far less invested in their TBs.
You feel like we are overpaying? I wouldn't have spent that money on back but I Think he's worth it I Just wouldn't put those resources in running back.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No team is going to trade for Todd Gurley's contract.

Gurley's 2020 $5.5M base salary and $7.55M roster bonus (due in 2 days) are already fully guaranteed.

His 2021 $5M roster bonus will also become fully guaranteed in 2 days.

Keep him or cut him.

Does a Gurley trade to the Jets for Bell make any sense? Both teams looking to get out of bad money contracts. I doubt it though. Rams need to free up some cash and don't have any draft picks to entice other teams. Looks like some team will get Gurley for a good price after he is cut. Maybe Seahawks.

817Gill

Reaction score
But that’s the thing his cap hit last year was manageable and this year he’s at 10M. That’s not outrageous at all. He’s 12M next year then 15M the year we can cut him.

Factor in the RB market preparing to push forward again with CMac, Kamara, Saquon, Henry, Gordon and Dalvin Cook all looking to get paid. We could very well see 5 guys paid more than Zeke in a time where the salary cap is booming. This is a pretty manageable situation if you ask me and won’t really stop us from doing anything we want

Status
Not open for further replies.