News: Rams not playing starters

DandyDon52

Reaction score
what if the texans dont play their starters lol then it would not mean much to us.
I might do that just to mess with the cowboys lol. Then play my starters in the 4th and try and win the game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah -- I happen to know one for sure that's so confident that he's staying in Cabo! Now that's confidence! :rolleyes:
I wasn't even counting that one. Pollard ought to be able to fill his shoes enough to get a few early wins. It's all about diminishing Zeke's hold out leverage.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
They don’t want Jeff Heath taking out one of their starters. I get it. Good thinking.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe we should forfeit the Governor's Cup to them before the game starts to get 'em over-confident! Yeah, that might work! :D
Don't forget we play the Texans in the regular season too. The Governor's Cup might not be at stake until then.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just want to see this team come out with some enthusiasm I don't care who's on the field

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Don't forget we play the Texans in the regular season too. The Governor's Cup might not be at stake until then.

In reality, I was joking more of a joke than anything else. Historically, that cup has meant far more to the Texans than the Cowboys. When it's been at stake during TC, they've played more to win, whereas we've played to test everyone in various situations. At least, that's what it seems. Houston has always been gung-ho about improving their status vs. us in Texas. They've long been envious of the Cowboys' popularity.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Different philosophies on the approach to preparing to go into a season. JG is old school and as a fan I don't mind it. Of course that got Romo a broken back a few years ago but it was likely Romo was going to get hurt anyway with his injury history.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Different philosophies on the approach to preparing to go into a season. JG is old school and as a fan I don't mind it. Of course that got Romo a broken back a few years ago but it was likely Romo was going to get hurt anyway with his injury history.

It was unfortunate but his back betrayed him badly in the end. I was relieved to see him hang it up when he did. Many of us felt as though going through the remainder of his life in a wheelchair was a distinct possibility. It might have been a tragic ending for him, his family, the team and its fans.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a surprise! No one on either team wants to play this game and even the owners are trying to figure out how to turn 2 into real games.

You can also bet every HC has seen Kessler get blindsided and go into concussion protocol.

If the Cowboys play their starters, they learn nothing because they're going against backups and camp bodies.

I know some are concerned about stating the season a little sloppy but that is going to happen anyway for most of the teams. The opening game has come to resemble the first half of the 3rd preseason game that teams used to use as the dress rehearsal, even that has dropped off.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In reality, I was joking more of a joke than anything else. Historically, that cup has meant far more to the Texans than the Cowboys. When it's been at stake during TC, they've played more to win, whereas we've played to test everyone in various situations. At least, that's what it seems. Houston has always been gung-ho about improving their status vs. us in Texas. They've long been envious of the Cowboys' popularity.
The Governor's Cup has always been Houston's Super Bowl.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If some teams are going to be doing this, the league might as well reduce the preseason by a game or two. What a waste of time.
These games are not for the players or the fans, they're strictly for the owners to increase profit because the real game checks don't kick in until it gets real.

Although he is not playing, Lawrence will get game checks of $1,235,295 when it gets real, he gets 2K as a vet for preseason. Hell of a lot of a difference to Booger for home games when he forces people to treat pretend games as real games on the pricing for season tickets.

This move to 18 in the CBA is going to be a fight because if I am Lawrence, that should be two more real game checks.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
These games are not for the players or the fans, they're strictly for the owners to increase profit because the real game checks don't kick in until it gets real.

Although he is not playing, Lawrence will get game checks of $1,235,295 when it gets real, he gets 2K as a vet for preseason. Hell of a lot of a difference to Booger for home games when he forces people to treat pretend games as real games on the pricing for season tickets.

This move to 18 in the CBA is going to be a fight because if I am Lawrence, that should be two more real game checks.
Good points, CC.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s really sad actually. Excluding the Dak preseason, our offense hasn’t functioned in the preseason with the backup QB in several years. It makes it really tough to evaluate other players when the back up is so bad. That doesn’t always happen with other teams. The Niners could function with Mullens last week, but we looked lost once Dak went out.
They performed well the 2017 preseason too. That’s when Rush earned his job

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If things are the same with the Rams as they performed against the Raiders, there should be little excuse for our supposedly depth rich team to perform well, right?

aria

Reaction score
Pre season is just starting to wear me out, I understand both sides but watching the majority of every game with scrubs playing scrubs that probably won’t even make the roster gets old.

Cut these crap games down to 3 games max, they don’t even have to add a regular season game although that would be nice.