News: Rams not playing starters

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Mid-way through the first quarter watching Blake Bortles and the rest of the Rams third stringers against our reserves:

giphy.gif

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I have watched one preseason game and that was when the cowboys played the niners and I will not watch any until the regular season may watch some of the third preseason game when cowboys play but other than that will not watch

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Governor's Cup has always been Houston's Super Bowl.

Absolutely. They valued that Governor's Cup and played like their meetings were for all the marbles.

Most of the time, we played ho-hum football in those meetings, much like we do in preseason today.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember the Giants DC making the comment that he didn't use any preseason film of Prescott when they first played him for real, he went back and watched when AL, AU and LSU played him.

They changed the names of the games from exhibition games to preseason games to try and give the illusion they were real and important. Coaches not only don't need them, I doubt any want them. PHL has their backup QB in concussion protocol from last night, wonder how they feel about the preseason?

I haven't watched anything but the "highlights" of that Niners game and won't watch a game until it gets real. But I know some enjoy it and some look at it as it's the closest thing they're going to get to the real thing and that's fine. But when posters start going off on a preseason game as if it is real and overreacting, they need to dial it back a little. Don't get real crazy until it gets real.

I've seen some change their prediction because of one preseason game. With a brand new OC, and smart enough to not tip his hand, we don't know what this is going to look like. The team has talent on both sides of the ball. It is a good team. Soon we will get to see if it's a very good team.

erod

Reaction score
This was so stupid.

Let's fly for five hours, play a game, then fly 8 hours back to Dallas, screwing up their internal clocks in the process.

Dumb.

Dallas shouldn't play a single starter either.

rags

Reaction score
Yeah that game starts at 10 and my body pretty much gives out around 9:15

If you can't stay up for the game, and can get Channel 21, KTXA, they will rebroadcast the game Sunday afternoon at 3 PM.

aria

Reaction score
Watching Giants/Bears on NFLN right now and the Bears aren’t playing a single starter on defense while NY is playing about 95% of their offensive starters. Before the game, the announcers were talking about how unusual the Bears approach is but it seems to becoming the new norm.

It’s ridiculous, they need should just play one half of football or cut back on the amount of games.

Fire407

Reaction score
If some teams are going to be doing this, the league might as well reduce the preseason by a game or two. What a waste of time.
Last year the Rams sat their starter the entire pre-season and they went to the Super Bowl. More and more teams are going to do it which is making preseason games unwatchable. Most of the stadiums are almost empty during these games. The owners know it's a bad look and that's why they want to reduce preseason to two games.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'm OK with the Cowboys not playing any starters either. Nothing to gain.

And I am OK with Mike White throwing no passes and handing the ball off to Chunn. Well, maybe a long pass to Davis or Jon'Vea or Guyton every once in a while. No more slants for Mike White. If I were a WR, I would not even run a slant or crossing pattern with White at QB. White is going to get a WR decapitated.

aria

Reaction score
What does it matter? Half our starting team is either suspended, injured, or holding out.
That’s a dumb comment. There’s a difference between no starters playing vs a handful of players which you like to overly exaggerate as usual. Not to mention, if that’s the case, then the second stringers are currently slated to be the starters so should we sit them too? Let’s just watch 4 games of 3rd stringers playing each other, sounds great.

I understand the risks with playing starters but I’ve always been of the mindset you shouldn’t rest players in any game unless it’s due to injury, or possibly a RB. At least play the starters for a quarter, if not a half. It’s like a bye in the playoffs, I think it’s a curse. While other teams are out there battling, the bye team is taking time off and it usually shows when they come back minus the Pats.

Lucky for us, our first game, probably first 3 games, will be the easiest we play all season so we’ll have some time to knock the rust off from playing scrubs since that’s essentially what the Gnats, Skins and Miami are anyways.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s a dumb comment. There’s a difference between no starters playing vs a handful of players which you like to overly exaggerate as usual. Not to mention, if that’s the case, then the second stringers are currently slated to be the starters so should we sit them too? Let’s just watch 4 games of 3rd stringers playing each other, sounds great.

I understand the risks with playing starters but I’ve always been of the mindset you shouldn’t rest players in any game unless it’s due to injury, or possibly a RB. At least play the starters for a quarter, if not a half. It’s like a bye in the playoffs, I think it’s a curse. While other teams are out there battling, the bye team is taking time off and it usually shows when they come back minus the Pats.

Lucky for us, our first game, probably first 3 games, will be the easiest we play all season so we’ll have some time to knock the rust off from playing scrubs since that’s essentially what the Gnats, Skins and Miami are anyways.

So half our starters aren't out? LOL

Ok genius.