Twitter: Rams Release RB Todd Gurley

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
THere's a argument for that. But I Think Zeke isnt' simply because he's not 21 anymore. IMO, he's lost some explosiveness but he's improved in other areas. Gurley's lost it due to injury.
I don’t think he’ll be taking himself out of the game. Like he did with Garrett on the sidelines

Tussinman

Reaction score
Where did we make a mistake? Zeke had over 1300 yards last season with 12 TD’s. Gurley got hurt after he signed his extension and was never the same.
But that doesn’t support the whole “Cowboys are stupid” slant!
Exactly

If Zeke is sitting there in 2023 with no injures and has 7x NFL top 100, 6x pro bowls, 1st/2nd team all-pro 3x those same fans will THEN spin the narrative as "uhh we'll he didn't get hurt but anyone could of gotten those stats with this o-line" :rolleyes:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
This is so flawed though. Those running backs weren’t elite except Gurley.
It's just a list of RBs who made more than $4MM a year. All of them.

What does it tell you that there are so few players hwo make more than $4MM and who all got cut?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Zeke isn’t good? lol He’s rushed for over 1350 yards in three of his four seasons and led the league in rushing twice. He scored 40 TDs and has over 1600 receiving yards. If he’s not good then what RB do you consider good?
Volume.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Rams are proving to us THEY MADE MASSIVE MISTAKES THE LAST 3 YEARS. Goff in my opinion, will be proven to be another one in a year from now. He;s Ty Detmer with a slightly better arm. Last year proved my point.
Goff was a mistake when they originally signed him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Goff was a mistake when they originally signed him.
agree. Now its being confirmed it seems. Next offseason they will try to move on from him. He has topped out. He is what he is. Purely a placeholder and bus driver. Not good enough to carry a team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Saying Zeke isn’t even good is beyond laughable! Name an RB who you think is better and let’s see their numbers? RBs are judged on their numbers and Zeke has produced.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Prolly cause they are play the most likely position to prematurely wear down and or get injured.

RBs have the shortest shelflife but when you have an offense that’s built around the running game and you have a dynamic RB you have to pay them. Twice we’ve had QBs pass for almost 5000 yards and both times it led to an 8-8 season and missing the playoffs. Dak struggled without Zeke the six games he missed in 2017. He’s a player we had to pay.

ESisback

Reaction score
RBs have the shortest shelflife but when you have an offense that’s built around the running game and you have a dynamic RB you have to pay them. Twice we’ve had QBs pass for almost 5000 yards and both times it led to an 8-8 season and missing the playoffs. Dak struggled without Zeke the six games he missed in 2017. He’s a player we had to pay.

I agree, but contracts should also be honored, otherwise, why even do a contract? It’s a two way street—if the player doesn’t honor the terms, why should the owner? I don’t have an answer...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree, but contracts should also be honored, otherwise, why even do a contract? It’s a two way street—if the player doesn’t honor the terms, why should the owner? I don’t have an answer...

An exception should be made to a player that outplays their rookie contract and Zeke clearly did. He knows that RBs don’t have long careers and with his workload he might never see a big payday had he played out his rookie deal.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
3 years from now. LOL.

You could have said the exact same thing about Gurley. But he didn't make it those 3 years did he?

Rams cut Gurley. Cardinals trade Johnson. Cowboys sign Zeke to a huge contract. Steelers let Bell walk.

One of these teams gets it. The others don't.

What how did the Rams "get it" when they just signed Gurley to a massive deal just over a year and a half ago? Is this a joke?
None of those situations with the other players are even remotely close.
I'm not a huge fan of the Zeke deal but acting like its in any way shape or form comparable to what these other teams did with their RBs is ridiculous. Two of those players are insanely injury prone by the way...can you tell me other than the completely bogus suspension Zeke had how many games he's missed because of injury?