Twitter: Rams Release RB Todd Gurley

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Paying RBs is a recipe for disaster. There are 2 over the last 25 years that I can recall that were good for more than 7 seasons. The typical shelf life is well inside that. Gore and AP that’s it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Zeke will meet the same fate. Rams owning up to their mistake

We just restructured Zeke. He's healthy, and playing well if not fantastically. Spotrac has him as a potential out in 2023. Sounds about right. *Maybe* 2022. Zeke is not going anywhere anytime soon.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
91.5 career sacks

That has him 46th all-time in NFL career sacks since 1982......so not sure how you see him as overrated.
Currently one of the most overrated. He was ok in his prime also has a little cheap shot artist in him. Recall him going after Romo's knees in playoffs on several occasions (before it became a rule). One dimensional and dogs it on run plays. Kind of a Quinn type player.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That does not change the well established life expectancy of a NFL RB. Their careers are short. It’s a reality.
Zekes weight has been an issue too. I hear he's been trying to remake his body this offseason. My hunch is MM will play whomever runs the ball and catches it better...Zeke or no Zeke.Pollard will surprise in this offense.

Kaiser

Reaction score
So by following what other teams did Jerry is putting this team in future cap hell.

DING DING DING DING "Cap Hell" was the word we were waiting for!!

JoyfulMerryJohndory-size_restricted.gif

Kaiser

Reaction score

That's a dumb tweet, a ton of Zeke's money is in outyears that will be renegotiated or cut if he isn't performing.

Look at it this way -

Gurley was a mid first round pick, in 5 seasons the Rams paid him 38 Million dollars and now have another cap hit of 20 Million. 58 Million to a guy who had health issues the whole time.

Zeke was a top five pick and after this year Dallas will have paid him 35 Million over five seasons. No health issues.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The Gurley situation was odd, especially at the end of 2018 and how he was used in 2019. Underlying injury concerns? I know many are trying to tie this into why Zeke isn't worth the money. Probably only a handful of guys that are. Mcaffery, Barkley, and Zeke.

ESisback

Reaction score
That's a dumb tweet, a ton of Zeke's money is in outyears that will be renegotiated or cut if he isn't performing.

Look at it this way -

Gurley was a mid first round pick, in 5 seasons the Rams paid him 38 Million dollars and now have another cap hit of 20 Million. 58 Million to a guy who had health issues the whole time.

Zeke was a top five pick and after this year Dallas will have paid him 35 Million over five seasons. No health issues.

It doesn’t fit that profitable notion that the Cowboys are a perennial dumpster fire that WAY overpays their players—you know, the perception peddled that screams overrated Hollywood decadence.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah hes not the same back. You could argue Zeke isn't either, but I still have hope he can find that rookie year explosiveness.
THere's a argument for that. But I Think Zeke isnt' simply because he's not 21 anymore. IMO, he's lost some explosiveness but he's improved in other areas. Gurley's lost it due to injury.

Reactions: CWR