Twitter: Randall Cobb's future in Dallas

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
That depends on what they have. If they have Cooper and Gallup they do not need to spend a high pick on receiver.
Need, no. Should, yes.

You need more than 2 WRs in the NFL, and Cobb is washed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree. Because injuries happen and who knows if Gallup deserves another contract. This team already can’t score touchdowns or get big plays.
Understood but that’s a luxury. I need linebackers, defensive linemen and safeties. Maybe a tight end. I gotta get starters before I look for a 4th receiver or 3rd if Cobb isn’t here.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Gotta believe it's a near certainty Cobb returns now. If it was 50/50 before the McCarthy hire, the odds now have to be closer to 80/20.

I guess the question is, was Cobb on team McCarthy or team Rodgers? Will be pretty telling how players feel.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love Cobb but he's at the age where you don't know what you're going to get year to year.

I'd be very careful not to rely on him being part of your top 3 next year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And in his first year with a new QB. Look at how the connection from Dak to Gallup developed, Cobb did well in his first year and will do even better (health permitting) as the chemistry develops between him and Dak.
Yep. Love the potential it has. Wouldn’t sign him to a long term deal but I’d look into something short term.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I’m looking around the league and I don’t see many teams with 3 great receivers. You can win with what they have.
Can win with what they have, if healthy. That's settling and conservative - a Jason Garrett approach. Passing offense should be the top priority for every team in the league.

Replace "can win with" to "will win because of" and "if healthy" to "always."

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I'm all in if the price is right. Sure seems like the fit here only gets better for him with McCarthy here.

conner01

Reaction score
Me too. I hope that’s the plan.
I look at the secondary and see everyone’s contract up or about to be up
I think we can add a quality CB or safety at 17
We need Dline but don’t see 17 being the quality there

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Can win with what they have, if healthy. That's settling and conservative - a Jason Garrett approach. Passing offense should be the top priority for every team in the league.

Replace "can win with" to "will win because of" and "if healthy" to "always."
You had three receivers with over 3k yards of passing. How in the hell is that just settling or conservative? They played great this year.

Carson

Reaction score
Give him another year. Him being left handed tossed Dak for a loop ;)

BoysForLife

Reaction score
His drops weren’t from bad passes though.

they never are on this team

even if a pass is 2 feet over a guys head and a full second late, if the receiver can get a fingertip on it it was “catchable”