Twitter: Randall Cobb's future in Dallas

John813

Reaction score
2-3 year deal is cool with me. But wonder what # he's looking for.

conner01

Reaction score
Losing Byron won't matter. Should be easy to re-sign Collins and Quinn.

Spending big resources on "holes" at positions that don't impact games is a waste, imo. Defensive backs don't really matter.
I don’t think Collins will be easy but we shall see
I’d love to keep Quinn
CB and safety do impact games
If you want more ints you need better secondary

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I hope you're right and Quinn decides to stay. The dude was a monster rushing the passer for us. Interestingly enough, as was Collins. Though, statistically, they were both not so good against the run.

Again, I'm not entirely disagreeing with you..I would just hate to spend one of our top 2 picks on a WR with our depth looking low.

Then again, I noticed in a thread earlier, you stated you don't feel DLineman are as important. To each their own my friend!!
Yea - Quinn was never supposed to play as many snaps as he did. That would help hide his flaws against the run, he's really a one-trick pony. That's why I think it won't be too difficult to bring him back.

I think that was in the draft thread - and my point is that I think having a dynamic passing game is more important than having great passrushers, because a good passing game wins that matchup every time. If you can get someone open in <2.5 seconds, the offense wins, regardless of who is playing defense.

cej757

Reaction score
Hell yeah!

Hopefully he can limit the drops this season. But 3rd most productive receiver from the slot. Would’ve been 1 minus the called back catches and drops

Draft KJ Hill as well
Kj Hill or Kj Hamler?

Bigtommyb

Reaction score
Depends what his price is but the draft is loaded with receivers so there is no reason to sign a high price vet when you could get some real potential for cheap.

Dak, Amari, and Byron's contract are going to dictate a lot.

Dak and Amari. Byron should be free to sign elsewhere..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think Collins will be easy but we shall see
I’d love to keep Quinn
CB and safety do impact games
If you want more ints you need better secondary
Collins basically just gets T Crawford's money. It's possible Dallas doesn't see that value in him, but with Hill struggling as much as he did last year, they almost have to keep him.

INTs are the product of poor quarterback play and scheme. 1 in maybe 15 INTs is the result of a DB winning on a route.

kskboys

Reaction score
D isn't the problem. They lost 3 games in which the opponents scored a TOTAL of 2 touchdowns. Offense is even decent in those games, Dallas finishes with 11 wins.

Defense is only the problem if you think trying to win games 20-16 is smart football in 2020.
D is not a problem if your evaluator is broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Collins basically just gets T Crawford's money. It's possible Dallas doesn't see that value in him, but with Hill struggling as much as he did last year, they almost have to keep him.

INTs are the product of poor quarterback play and scheme. 1 in maybe 15 INTs is the result of a DB winning on a route.
INT's are mostly the result of pressure.

kskboys

Reaction score
They were top-10 in yards per attempt against the run and pass, and the most effective pass rush in the entire NFL. Interesting definition of porous.Quinn and Collins will be pretty easy to re-sign.

Scheme change will make miles of difference.
You just said yards don't matter.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
INT's are mostly the result of pressure.
Right, which causes poor QB play. Poor QB play is only punished if you have a scheme where DBs are playing a) tight and b) facing the ball. Dallas doesn't do that.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I disagree so hard. We haven’t seen dak without a top core of weapons. I don’t think you wanna see that day come. It could get awkward for the prodigal son. Well for real start being like “maybe he’s left handed let’s try that in2021!”
Amari, Gallup, Zeke and Cobb are not top core weapons? What Cowboys games were you watching. Fall of 2018?

Elusiv1

Reaction score
I hope we draft a damn Corner or Safety in the first round for the love of god!!! Keep Cobb, he is a great fit and stayed healthy all year. This upcoming draft needs to be about interior DL, corners, and safety help!! We are loaded on offense with the exception of Tyron Smith and Connor Williams? Not sure what we will get out of them anymore

blueblood70

Reaction score
I disagree. Because injuries happen and who knows if Gallup deserves another contract. This team already can’t score touchdowns or get big plays.
exaggeration , sure we could always use more scoring...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowboys/statistics?team=DAL

6th in scoring , 1st in yards, 2nd in passing, and 5th in rushing out of 32 teams... how many Fgs did Maher miss?

sure improvement always a good thing but we have bigger issues on defense and STs..

conner01

Reaction score
D is not a problem if your evaluator is broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s not just points
Part of it is field position
We kept teams out of end zone fairly well but we gave up tons of field position. We didn’t get turnovers to have some short fields.
Our special teams were bad but we also were returning punts from deep in our own territory most of the time.
You fix our special teams and build a defense that gets teams off the field and gets some turn overs and the offense becomes more effective
Our terrible starting field position every week is a product of our defense