Twitter: Randall Cobb's future in Dallas

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Worry not about the drops. Ever since Dak got here, suddenly Dez had a bunch of drops, Witten had a bunch of drops, Beasley had a bunch of drops, and now Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb have a bunch of drops......

Dak doesn't throw a great ball to catch, and it's iffy where it's going.

I thought Cobb had an excellent year. Better than what I was expecting.

Oh I totally agree. I actually posted in a Gallup thread about it. I'd give the QB and WRs 50/50 this year.. because, as I stated in my previous post in that thread..the WR rule #1 is "ya get both hands on it, it should be a catch"

The low and behind throws are probably the hardest to catch, and Cobb saw a ton of those. Yet, he still had a productive year. That's why I am totally on board with keeping him on the team, for a cheap one year deal.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
We need him short. Due to age, he now lacks the explosiveness to get open quickly.

Way too often Dak needed an outlet, and Cobb wasn't there. (Don't base everything you think on numbers)

I'm not sure what you are expecting from a 3rd WR. Cobb was fine. More than fine - darn good. I'll concede he needs to cut the # of drops in half. The "outlet" you're looking for should be at the TE position.

TwelfthStar

Reaction score
I'd love to see us get Dalton Schoen (K-State) in the 7th/UDFA. He's been a pet cat of mine, can play a great slot. Keep Cobb for a year and let him learn, then take over full-time in 2021.

Bigtommyb

Reaction score
I'm guessing Byron goes to an NFC south team because he seems to be the answer for slowing down Michael Thomas.

He's not the only one, vikes did a decent job on him yesterday. Im not putting money into B.Jones. I'm sorry. Don't care where he goes. He definitely get a contract but hopefully not with Dallas.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's not the only one, vikes did a decent job on him yesterday. Im not putting money into B.Jones. I'm sorry. Don't care where he goes. He definitely get a contract but hopefully not with Dallas.

Yeah I get you.. I do think some NFL team makes him the highest paid corner in football though.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are expecting from a 3rd WR. Cobb was fine. More than fine - darn good. I'll concede he needs to cut the # of drops in half. The "outlet" you're looking for should be at the TE position.
The slot position is also an outlet.

Gameover

Reaction score
Our receivers have to routinely work against their own momentum to catch the ball. If you're running a slant be prepared to have to reach back for the football.

Man I can't even talk about this right now. Prescott's not ruining Mike McCarthy Day for me.
I’m sick of all you punk *** b!1ches

whinny **

kskboys

Reaction score
Dannnnnggggggg. You should at least try to hide your petty little personal attacks.

Gameover

Reaction score
Worry not about the drops. Ever since Dak got here, suddenly Dez had a bunch of drops, Witten had a bunch of drops, Beasley had a bunch of drops, and now Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb have a bunch of drops......

Dak doesn't throw a great ball to catch, and it's iffy where it's going.

I thought Cobb had an excellent year. Better than what I was expecting.

And Beasley has his best season w Dak

Cooper had the best stretch of his career w Dak

Gallup has developed w Dak

Cobb has his best season since 2015 w Dak

Not bad for a bad ball thrower. I mean, just last year, @CATCH17 was wrong per usual when he said receivers will never put up numbers playing w Dak. Now , you guys are bi|c8ing about a few misplaced ball(like y’all never seen Mahomes ball placement)

erod

Reaction score

Not bad for a bad ball thrower. I mean, just last year, @CATCH17 said receivers will never put up numbers playing w Dak. Now , you guys are bi|c8ing about a few misplaced ball(like y’all never seen Mahomes ball placement)
Unless, of course, you know how to watch football.

This was a HORRENDOUS season of offense for Dallas. Get out of the stupid stat book, where Jameis Winston threw for 5000 yards and 30 touchdowns. The "best year" nonsense is is about meaningless garbage time stats and blowouts against teams drafting really early this spring.

All the guys I mentioned suddenly got the drops with Dak. Beasley couldn't catch a cold the last year here. Same with Witten.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think everything is lining up fairly well for Cobb to return. DAL should still draft his replacement. Bring back Coop too, so McCarthy can have plenty of fire power.

Interested to see who MM keeps.

Gameover

Reaction score

This was a HORRENDOUS season of offense for Dallas. Get out of the stupid stat book, where Jameis Winston threw for 5000 yards and 30 touchdowns. The "best year" nonsense is is about meaningless garbage time stats and blowouts against teams drafting really early this spring.

All the guys I mentioned suddenly got the drops with Dak. Beasley couldn't catch a cold the last year here. Same with Witten.
You’re a bleepin moron!

A dishonest or just plain dumb one at that.

Garbage time stats? Biggest load of horse manure I’ve heard in my life. Just not true. He only put up garbage stats in three games. Don’t act like it was a all season thing , you weasel......

Beasley caught 75% of his passes his last year w Dak

Cobb caught 66% of his passes while averaging his highest YPC average
Similar w Coop

it’s not Dak fault the coach thought he could use the same game plan vs NE and Buffalo that used vs Minnesota and Detroit. Speaking of Minny were those garbage time stats? You aren’t that dumb are you? I think their playing next week. They won’t be picking early in the draft.

If you can’t tell the difference between Dak and Winstons season, then you are the one who knows nothing about football . And Winston has better receivers than Dak. Facts

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope we draft a damn Corner or Safety in the first round for the love of god!!! Keep Cobb, he is a great fit and stayed healthy all year. This upcoming draft needs to be about interior DL, corners, and safety help!! We are loaded on offense with the exception of Tyron Smith and Connor Williams? Not sure what we will get out of them anymore

You can’t get locked in based on NEED. If the best player on the board when you pick is the next Julio Jones you draft him and don’t look back.

If it’s the next Tyron Smith you draft him. If it’s the next Dak Prescott you draft him.

If you stick to your board and go BPA you will end up with very good players who will “stick” on your team. If you reach based on need you get Taco and Tristen Hill.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think everything is lining up fairly well for Cobb to return. DAL should still draft his replacement. Bring back Coop too, so McCarthy can have plenty of fire power.

Interested to see who MM keeps.

Receiver and DB are places where you can often get a really good one later in the draft of even as an UDFA.

I would like to see us use a very late pick on a punter or kicker when the need meets opportunity.

Daillest88

Reaction score

The bease had the drops in Buffalo too. Winston also had 30 ints. But yes this years offense was just odd.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Not bad for a bad ball thrower. I mean, just last year, @CATCH17 was wrong per usual when he said receivers will never put up numbers playing w Dak. Now , you guys are bi|c8ing about a few misplaced ball(like y’all never seen Mahomes ball placement)

Read your posts in this thread
You're borderline foaming at the mouth unhinged

:laugh:

You look like a complete moron LOL. HOW DARE ANYONE SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY THAN YOU!