Twitter: Randall Cobb's future in Dallas

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I disagree. Because injuries happen and who knows if Gallup deserves another contract. This team already can’t score touchdowns or get big plays.
We really need a receiver that can go up and get the ball like Dez used to. It would really help in the red zone. jmho I miss those corner throws to a high-jumping, big handed, tall receiver.

conner01

Reaction score
I hope we draft a damn Corner or Safety in the first round for the love of god!!! Keep Cobb, he is a great fit and stayed healthy all year. This upcoming draft needs to be about interior DL, corners, and safety help!! We are loaded on offense with the exception of Tyron Smith and Connor Williams? Not sure what we will get out of them anymore
I’m a take the best player guy and looking at this draft safety and CB appears to be where the quality is likely to be at 17
Also we don’t have any cb’s signed long term so that need is there

quickccc

Reaction score

Gotta believe it's a near certainty Cobb returns now. If it was 50/50 before the McCarthy hire, the odds now have to be closer to 80/20.

But i still wondered why did Packers let go of Cobb to begin with ?
Rodgers seemed regrettably outspoken about his departure ,and it didn't cause us peanuts to sign him to a one year deal?
I can only guess at it that current Packers management was uptight about his durability and injury history and thought he'd be more
of a cap casualty.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s not just points
Part of it is field position
We kept teams out of end zone fairly well but we gave up tons of field position. We didn’t get turnovers to have some short fields.
Our special teams were bad but we also were returning punts from deep in our own territory most of the time.
You fix our special teams and build a defense that gets teams off the field and gets some turn overs and the offense becomes more effective
Our terrible starting field position every week is a product of our defense
Absolutely!!! Our D was pretty much terrible. Our #1 O kept them off the field a lot.

How in the world do people forget that we made scrubs like Trubisky, Darnold, and Driskell look like the next coming?

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
He knows Cobb's strengths and will probably use him properly. Plus I liked his locker room presence. Hopefully he stays.

I felt Cobbs was used properly this year. We haven't had a 3rd receiver as dangerous as him since Laurent Robinson.

Big_D

Reaction score
Absolutely!!! Our D was pretty much terrible. Our #1 O kept them off the field a lot.

How in the world do people forget that we made scrubs like Trubisky, Darnold, and Driskell look like the next coming?

and wentz with all backups and practice squad players in the most important game of the season. This D was horrendous.

conner01

Reaction score

They gave up play after play
That’s why we had the worst starting field position for drives
Considering we had such terrible starting field position the offense was pretty good
But driving 80 plus yards on every drive is very tough

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes he is. He can't catch, and he's slow. The slot in this offense plays in man coverage every play. That guy should be dominant.

Yes you do, b/c the pass catching talent isn't very good. What they accomplished this year was as good as that group gets. I mean, there is just so much opportunity to get better from Witt and Cobb's roles.
Dominant? Are you talking about in real life or Madden?

kskboys

Reaction score
They gave up play after play
That’s why we had the worst starting field position for drives
Considering we had such terrible starting field position the offense was pretty good
But driving 80 plus yards on every drive is very tough
Yup. I was messing w/ Chars on that other post.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on this one... I really like the idea of bringing in more speed to legitimately take the top off the defense.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dominant? Are you talking about in real life or Madden?
Yes, dominant in taking advantage of the opportunities that the slot in this offense got last year. With all of the attention that the run game and Cooper/Gallup get, the slot should kill defenses. 2007-2009 Welker is what that role could be in this offense, Cobb just isn't good enough to do that.

cern

Reaction score
hope he stays. we need both cobb and gallup with the possibility that signing Amari will be problematic.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Even with his drops, I feel he is a very solid #3. I don't think it should keep Dallas from drafting a replacement in the layer rounds, but I also hope he sticks around for another year on a decently cheap deal.
More than that, I think he is a good slot receiver that compliments Cooper and Gallup

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My $.02 opinion is bringing back Cobb would be a must for this team, even more than trying to sign Amari Cooper. Cobb knows McCarthy and vice versa and plays with more of a fire and determination than Amari Cooper does. Look at the side by stats and there wasn't much of a separation between Cobb and Cooper (take away Cooper's big GB game and it's damn near identical). Save the money from Cooper and make this team better all around.
like for bringing back Cobb... I do think we need to resign Cooper

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, dominant in taking advantage of the opportunities that the slot in this offense got last year. With all of the attention that the run game and Cooper/Gallup get, the slot should kill defenses. 2007-2009 Welker is what that role could be in this offense, Cobb just isn't good enough to do that.
Not any more. Cobb is simply old. He's lost his explosiveness, the trait that made him good to begin w/. At this point in his career, he's just meh.

kskboys

Reaction score
Of his 55 catches 75% went for first downs. That’s a pretty high percentage if you ask me.
We need him short. Due to age, he now lacks the explosiveness to get open quickly.

Way too often Dak needed an outlet, and Cobb wasn't there. (Don't base everything you think on numbers)

erod

Reaction score
Even with his drops, I feel he is a very solid #3. I don't think it should keep Dallas from drafting a replacement in the layer rounds, but I also hope he sticks around for another year on a decently cheap deal.
Worry not about the drops. Ever since Dak got here, suddenly Dez had a bunch of drops, Witten had a bunch of drops, Beasley had a bunch of drops, and now Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb have a bunch of drops......

Dak doesn't throw a great ball to catch, and it's iffy where it's going.

I thought Cobb had an excellent year. Better than what I was expecting.