Random wrestling thread

Phoenix

Reaction score
Watched TNA's "Impact: Lockdown" and wow...that fall by Jeff Hardy from the top of the door of the six sides of steel cage was brutal. It was a planned fall that went very wrong, and Jeff ended up not on the floor but on the steel steps, and he slammed his head right into the steel. Knocked him out COLD. For reals. He had to go get a scan later to see if he was okay...

Interesting to see Awesome Kong back (Kharma in WWE).

MVP is still around? Who knew?

The nice thing about watching TNA on delay is that it only takes a really short time due to all the fast forwarding through the crap...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched TNA's "Impact: Lockdown" and wow...that fall by Jeff Hardy from the top of the door of the six sides of steel cage was brutal. It was a planned fall that went very wrong, and Jeff ended up not on the floor but on the steel steps, and he slammed his head right into the steel. Knocked him out COLD. For reals. He had to go get a scan later to see if he was okay...

Interesting to see Awesome Kong back (Kharma in WWE).

MVP is still around? Who knew?

The nice thing about watching TNA on delay is that it only takes a really short time due to all the fast forwarding through the crap...

I remember on the old WWWF weekly TV show, that was shown every Saturday night at midnight on WOR out of New York City, we would keep track of the number of matches... And this was an hour show. You would me assured of at least 5 matches. Sometimes you'd have 6 and once in a great while 7 matches in a single hour.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I saw that last week live. You could tell from the his body went limp he was out. The next morning had to be a rough one for him.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
TNA seems like the old WCW on Saturday nights.

They have what seems to be a very small arena. It doesn't look like they have but a few hundred there.

And they have so many microphones under the ring ( I guess..i can't figure out where else they would be) that when someone falls in the ring it sounds like a bomb going off.

It just looks very cheap.

CashMan

Reaction score
They have what seems to be a very small arena. It doesn't look like they have but a few hundred there.

And they have so many microphones under the ring ( I guess..i can't figure out where else they would be) that when someone falls in the ring it sounds like a bomb going off.

It just looks very cheap.

Go on youtube, and watch Paul Heyman talk about why ECW collapsed. Pretty much the WWE has a monopoly, with a few small wresting ventures here and there. Nothing can compete with them. I am sure he renamed it Entertainment, so it could not be considered a monopoly.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I am sure he renamed it Entertainment, so it could not be considered a monopoly.

Renamed because the original WWF sued them and forced them to change. But Vince took that and turned it into a positive with the whole (new) "Entertainment" angle.

CashMan

Reaction score
Renamed because the original WWF sued them and forced them to change. But Vince took that and turned it into a positive with the whole (new) "Entertainment" angle.
I know why they changed, I think he went that angle so his market would open up.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go on youtube, and watch Paul Heyman talk about why ECW collapsed. Pretty much the WWE has a monopoly, with a few small wresting ventures here and there. Nothing can compete with them. I am sure he renamed it Entertainment, so it could not be considered a monopoly.

That's the problem... Other wrestling companies shouldn't be following what the WWE does.

If I was starting a pro-wrestling company, I would borrow heavily from the New Japan/All Japan models.

CashMan

Reaction score
He was a big part of that happening. The whole WCW invasion with DX was priceless especially when they were in the tank.

I think the problem was, that they had something hot, and did not know what to do with it, after it started to sizzle, that and the fact that like EVERYONE was in the NWO.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I think the problem was, that they had something hot, and did not know what to do with it, after it started to sizzle, that and the fact that like EVERYONE was in the NWO.

Regarding NWO, I think the issue is that many of them weren't leaving to feud with NWO other than Savage and Nash. The NWO became too strong that no one in WCW were threats except DDP because all the threats were in some part of the NWO.

Also, I think WCW dropped the ball when Hall betrayed Nash. The Wolfpack version of Savage, Hall, Nash, Konnan, and Hennig as faces would of been great for the organization. Wonder if WCW didn't trust Hall with his drinking problem to where he can be a leader of a stable.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Q7wTPyeLHgyl.jpg

A lot of difficult choices but this is who I am!