Random wrestling thread

Mactin

Reaction score
Let's face it...wrestling is not what it used to be.... the only way wrestling can be what it was in the 90s is the product being better and WWE has no real reason to do so since they got no real competition.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My excitement is trending upwards again after the recent announcement of the return of the brand split. Hoping to see new and old faces returning and the product to be more exciting and unpredictable.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I've been watching ROH on comet tv lately. Definitely a different type product. I enjoy it to a degree but there are times I fast forward matches. I'm using a Tivo so it's like watching Benny Hill. I find it amusing.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My excitement is trending upwards again after the recent announcement of the return of the brand split. Hoping to see new and old faces returning and the product to be more exciting and unpredictable.

If Raw and Smackdown could get into a competition of sorts between themselves perhaps that would help. Overall I am encouraged with the roster overhaul and the return of Rollins and Cena for now and Orton and Wyatt soon.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Raw and Smackdown could get into a competition of sorts between themselves perhaps that would help. Overall I am encouraged with the roster overhaul and the return of Rollins and Cena for now and Orton and Wyatt soon.

And I'm hoping for some new signings as well.

Would love to see Kurt Angle return.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Problem is story lines and characters don't matter. If you turn off your brain and watch for wrestling moves it's pretty good.

NickZepp

Reaction score
90s wrestling was not near as good as you remember but characters made it much better.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I watch sporadically. Tough for me to watch because there are so many commercials and 'live reads' from Michael Cole or some sort of 'honoring' of something. My guess is that they know they don't have the talent to fill that time and it means more advertising money, so Vince is all for it.

I think they have lost that sense of how to bring wrestlers along. They seem to take a wrestler from NXT and have a set schedule for that wrestler and if that wrestler isn't ready, they just push them along. And if the wrestler gets more over than they thought, they just continue at their slow pace. It's a poor job of adapting to the market and what they want and trying to make the market adapt to them.

Charlotte isn't ready to hold the segments she has. Really promising in the ring, but her on the mic is ratings death. In wrestling, when a segment is not going well they need to prevent it from going too long. A bad segment that goes too long can kill everybody's career that is involved. Yet, they keep having her do long segments and think that they can re-produce the segment the following week and everybody will forget.

AJ Styles is mega-over. This would be where a company like TNA would think about where they went wrong, but they won't because they are too stupid to believe anything is their fault. Unfortunately, you know that Cena will get the last laugh and since Styles lost to Jericho, my guess is that a loss to Cena will kill his steam. The best move would be to do what Cena does best...puts an over-heel over and gets him to turn face.

Saw Big Cass and Enzo. I don't really get the entrance, but it is over with the fans. What they do have going for them is that 'real life friends' chemistry which is rare to see in tag wrestling these days. I think Cass is the better long-term prospect, but he's not ready to turn heel. He doesn't have the selling for it. But, my guess is that they will eventually split with Cass turning on Enzo and it will be a bad move.

It's too corporate of a product at this point. Wrestling revolves around getting heat and then getting the payoff with the match between the wrestlers with heat against each other. The WWE is too afraid to get real heat in fear of offending somebody and possibly losing sponsors. Everything is too tightly scripted in a profession that requires ad libbing. It's everything that good pro wrestling, even good 'sports entertainment' is not designed to be.

YR