Random wrestling thread

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's so obvious to me that RAW is just too long!

Seth is not dumb! Boo to that remark. He's written horribly. He could do whatever they asked him to do so I'm not sure why they treat him that way.

and oh I don't know but maybe don't put Kane of all people in a title bout.

Having an active wrestler... as the director of operations AND a supposed credible title contender... that's just wrong on so many levels.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very good 2005 Kane >>>>>>>>>>>> Unwatchable 2015 Kane

Why can't Vince see that?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Usos WWE Return Coming Soon

Talented tag team are back in action.

inbfTSP7.jpg

The Usos are set for a WWE return in the near future, PWInsider are reporting.

They have been working out in the Performance Center in preparation for the big comeback to television. It is expected that they’ll feud with The New Day, which is perhaps why the decision was made not to put the Tag Titles on The Dudley Boyz at Hell In A Cell.

There’s little doubt that Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso are the best tag team in WWE, so it is going to be a fantastic to have them back on the main roster. They’re valuable players, not only are they great in-ring workers, but they also sell significant levels of merchandise. WWE will be glad to have them back, and you’d expect another Tag Title win before long.

Jey Uso has been out of action with a shoulder injury since the spring, that’s been the big cause of all the time missed. Now that he’s back training in the Performance Center, it is a chance for him just to work out that little bit of ring rust that may have gathered.

With the return being in the near future, it could even be that they get added to the card at Survivor Series.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/the-usos-wwe-return-coming-soon.php

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Latest WWE Network Subscriber Number Revealed

WWE business performance analysed.

a6mep1Vk.jpg

WWE are reporting that the WWE Network had an average of 1,173,000 paid subscribers during quarter three of 2015. That’s down from the 1,216,000 average in Q2, although Q3 did finish with 1,233,000 subs at the end.

It isn’t a terrible number for WWE, but it isn’t that great either. The company spin is that the Q3 average paid subs are a 62% increase from the prior year quarter. However, with the average dropping from Q2, some are questioning if the number has peaked. WWE certainly made a huge effort with big main events and new programming in the quarter, so it has to be disappointing to see the average subs down.

The breakdown of subscriptions is – International subs: 243,000 and Domestic subs: 990,000. In hopes of boosting international subs, WWE announced that they would be launching in Germany and Japan in January 2016.

Being on less than a million subscriptions in the US has to be a disappointment.

Over its lifetime, WWE Network has attracted nearly 2.3 million unique subscribers with approximately 54% of these subscribers active as of September 30. That gives you some idea of what a max number could be for the Network if WWE had everyone possible engaged in their marketplace. Really, even that would be a little on the frustrating side for some investors – Wall street had hopes of four million subs.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/latest-wwe-network-subscriber-number-revealed.php

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brock Lesnar And John Cena Return To WWE On December 19

Big stars are back earlier than expected!

Fio0xQat.jpg

Brock Lesnar and John Cena are being advertised for a December 19 house show at the Forum in Los Angeles, CA.

F4Wonline are reporting that this date is part of Lesnar’s contract, in which he now works occasional special house shows. Presumably there’s also an excellent chance that this L.A date will become a Network special, just as WWE did with Lesnar’s Madison Square Garden and Tokyo appearances. The MSG Special ended up becoming the most watched non-PPV show in Network history.

WWE hasn’t ran in the Forum in recent memory, but it goes without saying that Los Angeles is a hugely important market to the WWE. That’s why they are using one of Lesnar’s special house show dates here.

As for Cena coming back early, that really isn’t a surprise. He had originally been scheduled to be back December 26 at the New York City house show, but most insiders figure he’ll actually be back on December 13 at TLC in his home state of Massachusetts.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/brock-lesnar-and-john-cena-return-to-wwe-on-december-19.php

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An interview with Billy Graham from 1977...

I admit it took me a long time to appreciate Graham, but over the years I've come to realize what a revolutionary character he really was.

I wonder if it was a mistake to take the belt from Graham after 7 months and give it to Backlund. Yeah, Graham was a heel and the then WWWF never allowed heels to wear the belt for long, but Graham was one magnetic heel. He could have held the belt for a long-time and I doubt Graham would have hurt the paid attendance numbers for the WWWF/WWF. I think Graham was far more of an electric personality than what Backlund was.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Wow!

I had not heard this.

Nick Bockwinkle was one of the best combinations of mike-skills & mat-skills in the industry...

He showed how effective a heel-champion could be at the top.

RIP Nick.

Unfortunately I was too young to remember him as a heel at his peak.
I just remember him when the AWA was in the toilet, and he was a face...
I always heard how legendary he was, but by that time it didn't show in the ring.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately I was too young to remember him as a heel at his peak.
I just remember him when the AWA was in the toilet, and he was a face...
I always heard how legendary he was, but by that time it didn't show in the ring.

I did not get to watch much AWA wrestling either... I use to get the Houston Chronicle and they would post wrestling results (this was around 1980) and then ESPN use to show AWA wrestling for a while, again early 80's. Needless to say I watched a lot more WWF/NWA than I did AWA... but Bockwinkle was a draw. He could infuriate the "ham & eggers" without creating a sweat.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Made the mistake of watching the beginning of "Smackdown" tonight, that showed a recap of Vince/Stephanie potentially going to jail and Vince faking a neck injury and...

God almighty. Is this the **** that pro wrestling is trying to use to draw interest?

Wretched... just wretched.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Made the mistake of watching the beginning of "Smackdown" tonight, that showed a recap of Vince/Stephanie potentially going to jail and Vince faking a neck injury and...

God almighty. Is this the **** that pro wrestling is trying to use to draw interest?

Wretched... just wretched.

As bad as it was, there was a bump in the ratings because of Vince showing up. That is why they announced that on Raw next Monday, Roman Reigns will defend his belt against Sheamus with Vince as the special referee.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As bad as it was, there was a bump in the ratings because of Vince showing up. That is why they announced that on Raw next Monday, Roman Reigns will defend his belt against Sheamus with Vince as the special referee.

Obviously they aren't shooting for a clean-finish in that match! LOL!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously they aren't shooting for a clean-finish in that match! LOL!

No. but I have to admit being completely shocked they let the belt change hands a couple of weeks ago on Raw. Who ever saw that coming? We're going into Wrestlemania season and Vince is into full time hype mode now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's How Much John Cena Makes A Year In Case You Want To Cry Yourself To Sleep At Night

By daviddtss

John Cena has been the centerpiece of WWE for longer than any other wrestler in the company’s history. He won his first title in WrestleMania 21 and is still on the top of the cards more than a decade later. With that level of success comes merchandising, company support and MILLIONS OF DOLLAS *dances*. How many millions?

Well, according to Dave Meltzer, John Cena is earning upwards of $10 million a year now, including merch benefits and bonuses. That’s a ton of money, and up there with any single-year earnings of guys like The Rock and Stone Cold. We can all argue about John Cena, but it’s hard to argue that he doesn’t deserve the money. Cena only misses time (except for the end of 2015) if he’s got a devastatingly critical injury. He’s been the stable, headlining presence for 10 years and he’s done more Make-a-Wish appearances than anyone ever.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/heres-much-john-cena-makes-171540622.html

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bret Hart Announces He Has Been Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer
By Tyler Conway, Featured Columnist Feb 1, 2016

upload_2016-2-1_14-58-35.png

WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart announced he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer in a message posted to his Instagram account Monday:

It is with great remorse that I feel compelled to speak truthfully to my friends, family and my millions of fans around the world. In the past few years, I've spent more than enough time paying the price for all those years trying to be the best there ever was as a professional wrestler. I executed excellently and my proudest claim was that I never seriously hurt or injured another wrestler in my 23 year career. I've paid a price for all that "fake" wrestling ... Mark Helprin wrote: "We are all perfect clocks that Divinity has set to ticking when, even before birth, the heart explodes into a lifelong dance." I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles. I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer.

Read more: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...letter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=wwe