Twitter: Randy Gregory’s NFLPA rep blocks him on Twitter for asking for correspondence on his reinstatement

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet a red penny the Cowboys have communicated with the league and know exactly why he hasn't been reinstated.

I think this too. AND that they are trying for it not to be another embarrassing situation for him but he doesn't get it. Any statements from his camp need to be coming from his agent and/or a lawyer and if they're in the right, then we need to hear word from the Cowboys pleading the case which, as you've said, we haven't.

Wood

Reaction score
I think this too. AND that they are trying for it not to be another embarrassing situation for him but he doesn't get it. Any statements from his camp need to be coming from his agent and/or a lawyer and if they're in the right, then we need to hear word from the Cowboys pleading the case which, as you've said, we haven't.

I have been saying this for while. NFLPA, Commissioner, Cowboys have been trying to avoid meltdown on Gregory part because clearly there is back-story here on Gregory and they have decided silence is better than releasing that information. At some point that information will come out but its just too hot at moment (ie Gregory on twitter).

Kaiser

Reaction score
That fact he and Jerry are silent speaks volumes IMO. After all, he's STILL a member of this team. I'm willing to bet a red penny the Cowboys have communicated with the league and know exactly why he hasn't been reinstated.

Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Most of the rumors from beat writers are that its a "spirit of the law vs letter of the law thing" that would normally take some time to work out, but undoubtedly got pushed to the back burner because of the pandemic. One of the stories early on was the hold up was Gregory missed a test while he was in a high end treatment facility under constant monitoring, so enforcing the "missed test equals positive test" rule was silly.

The NFLPA guy and league front office people are probably swamped with issues on testing, quarantine, etc. IMO that is the likely reason that they haven't focused on something they consider minor, while Gregory is climbing the walls waiting on an answer.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Hold the phone.....Isn't Gregory a dues paying member? If so, then this NFLPA rep needs to be either FIRED or SUSPENSED for his inability to do his job. Gregory has paid a pretty high price for his inability to give up the goji and now that's it's been approved his NFLPA rep should be busting his *** to get him back on the active list. Fricking unions just want to take your dues and have nothing to do with ya, that's their MO. Also, where is Gregory's attorney/agent and why aren't they doing all the heavy lifting in this case? Squeaky wheel get's the grease...................

Plankton

Reaction score
Gregory's frustrated at the rep, but maybe he should be mad at the one who showed him how to send email:

37f8ed7686f5342ed76ef3df09e602d9.png

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Opportunity only knocks so many times. I love the Cheech and Chong flick "Up in Smoke".

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It is not at all uncommon for an attorney to ask a client to remain silent. You don't want to anger the judge. In lawyer speak, silence is golden. Randy's getting emotional. That's the worst time to speak.
True.

Good point.

Something here is really wrong.

Becuz of the appeal process..for Randy to use Twitter to comment on ths situation is a big mistake.

Now if somebody on Twitter decides to comment..fine.

But the parties involved..judges do not like that.

But again, everything Randy has done since the Combine has lead to this.

Not unexpected given the history.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Most of the rumors from beat writers are that its a "spirit of the law vs letter of the law thing" that would normally take some time to work out, but undoubtedly got pushed to the back burner because of the pandemic. One of the stories early on was the hold up was Gregory missed a test while he was in a high end treatment facility under constant monitoring, so enforcing the "missed test equals positive test" rule was silly.

The NFLPA guy and league front office people are probably swamped with issues on testing, quarantine, etc. IMO that is the likely reason that they haven't focused on something they consider minor, while Gregory is climbing the walls waiting on an answer.

I get what you're saying but to me when you're left trying to sell your reinstatement on social media W/O the help of a union, team or legal rep, there's a problem. No doubt in my mine the Cowboys wish he was back on team weeks ago BUT only with the blessing of the league/Goodell.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I get what you're saying but to me when you're left trying to sell your reinstatement on social media W/O the help of a union, team or legal rep, there's a problem. No doubt in my mine the Cowboys wish he was back on team weeks ago BUT only with the blessing of the league/Goodell.

I think it was understandable frustration from Gregory because he had left three voicemails before than. Then he tweeted out a dig at his assigned union rep, then tweeted it when the guy blocked him. I'm willing to give the union rep the benefit of the doubt because he could be working on pandemic issues, but I don't blame Gregory at any step of this.

Its also comical to see posters mocking him for a typo after they have made much bigger mistakes in their posts.

Proof

Reaction score
Lot of people with limited knowledge on both sides here having an extremely assumptive and hypothetical argument.

Those of you arguing either side are literally using a social media post of one individual showing that the other individual has blocked his social media account...and formulating all types of backstory.

The season really needs to start before you both hypothetically kill each other or lose your hypothetical minds, hypothetically speaking of course

which you are doing

because it’s all hypothetical

Don’t hyperventilate

there’s two parties. One gave a first hand acct. it may not be true, but it’s certainly not hypothetical.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's so great when ppl do shady things and they get aired out on twitter. Everything this guy posts ppl jus run down on him. It's a beautiful thing. When did we become a world where ppl can't take accountability for anything.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Opportunity only knocks so many times. I love the Cheech and Chong flick "Up in Smoke".

Gregory should at the very least be treated similar to those that have been in his situation.

Josh Gordon gets chance after chance after chance and as far as we know they are very similar in their "crimes".

Jipper

Reaction score
there’s two parties. One gave a first hand acct. it may not be true, but it’s certainly not hypothetical.

I never said Gregory’s comment was hypothetical, I said all the arguing back and forth on what happened between the two parties is.