Twitter: Randy Gregory changing offensive game plans

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He would have been even better if he got more sacks, more fumbles, ect.....ect.....

You'd be rich if you had more money.

You'd be smarter if you had a higher IQ.

What exactly are you arguing here?

No one has said sacks are not valuable, just that pressures are valuable too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Here is a perfect example of someone saying that I said something that I didn't say.

You are very much downplaying sacks. And for what reason? Your own agenda?

And no doubt if Gregory was leading the NFL in sacks you be flaunting it around the board of proof of how good he is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You'd be rich if you had more money.

You'd be smarter if you had a higher IQ.

What exactly are you arguing here?

No one has said sacks are not valuable, just that pressures are valuable too.

LOL.....................and who said pressures arent valuable? Oh the Irony!!!

Some are just saying that sacks are more valuable. Which they are.

It is guys like you who get defensive about it.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
LOL.....................and who said pressures arent valuable? Oh the Irony!!!

Some are just saying that sacks are more valuable. Which they are.

It is guys like you who get defensive about it.

Not defensive at all, trying to understand your point.

What moron does not want more sacks????

jnday

Reaction score
And some fill the board with ridiculous posts each and every day for their enjoyment. They could open up a board for the comedians in training.
I would say that anybody that spends time on this board has to enjoy it and see it as a form of entertainment. If a poster don’t enjoy this, he needs to find another area of interest. Nobody is forcing you to sign in and be miserable.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
What moron would complain about someone wanting more sacks?

Another moron obviously.

Sacks are good, so are pressures.

You are arguing just to argue.

Smile, you'll get laid more.

Maybe.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Another moron obviously.

Sacks are good, so are pressures.

You are arguing just to argue.

Smile, you'll get laid more.

Maybe.

Pressures are great but sacks are better.

Shut up, you might not get beat up so much.

Maybe :thumbup:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He would have been even better if he got more sacks, more fumbles, ect.....ect.....
In 1992, Haley was moved to right defensive end in the Dallas Cowboys 4–3 defense, made 39 tackles, 6 sacks, and 42 quarterback pressures (led the team), and helped the team improve from 17th in total defense in 1991 to first.

Quinn got over 10 sacks for us a couple of years ago, so he must have been better.

Reactions: BAT

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Though I have absolutely no way of proving it, if Randy Gregory is on the field, we win that playoff game against Green Bay at home in 2016. No way he lets Aaron Rodgers out of the pocket to complete third and impossible.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In 1992, Haley was moved to right defensive end in the Dallas Cowboys 4–3 defense, made 39 tackles, 6 sacks, and 42 quarterback pressures (led the team), and helped the team improve from 17th in total defense in 1991 to first.

Quinn got over 10 sacks for us a couple of years ago, so he must have been better.

Nope Quinn sucked in the run game.

jnday

Reaction score
Remember when guys used to say Gregory was too weak to consistently match up with the OL and be a good all around defender. This video shows him jacking OL with ease. The guy is a flat out beast that plays with perfect leverage.
I remember watching him play against Miami in college and the first thing I noticed is that Gregory had a slim physique. The second thing I noticed was how easily he handled the offensive lineman. I understand how his appearance could throw fans off, but if they took the time to watch some film, they would quickly see that he is really strong.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He’s constantly at or near the QB of just about every passing play. Teams are having to design their offensive game plans on getting rid of the ball quickly. That is causing all kinds of issues. Playing like a man amongst boys.

Definitely getting after it. Watching those plays though reminds me that we still need to get more push in the middle of the line. Our DTs weren't getting much disruption outside of Osa which is probably why sacks haven't been consistent. If the younger guys keep developing, get a healthy Lawrence and Gallimore back it will force the ball out even sooner or hopefully get home more frequently. Is 2-3 sacks a game asking for too much?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
He is flat out a good player for us. The amount of pressure he has been generating the last few weeks has been excellent and he is stout against the run. If he had another edge rusher bringing the heat on the other side, a lot of those pressures turn into sacks (parsons the previous few weeks and hopefully Dlaw when he returns). Gregory is the type of player every coach wants on the field for them. Is he ever going to be a 10+ sack guy? I am not sure. Despite this he is a dang good defensive lineman.

He hasn't done it and says it, but he plays like a 15 sack guy.