Twitter: Randy Gregory eligible to return to practice this week

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Worried about the bad NFL juju associated with him playing under suspension, rational, or not, we saw how the league can influence close games in 2014.

well to be fair the afc's top team is doing the same thing. Aldon smith who is an actual criminal is appealing so he can play during the playoffs.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing that his latest issue was that he missed a test which is automatically deemed a positive test result. If he is appealing, maybe there was a mistake made by the league or the testing company. Who knows what happened but if they are going to let him start practicing and not issue a ruling on the appeal, maybe that is a good sign. It is taking much longer than McClain's deal so maybe there is some good news coming.
Yet Bell was allowed to miss a test and only got 3 games, after 2 straight years of suspensions.....Interesting.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
He COULD be IMHO if they've worked his butt off, he's clean and motivated. We know he has talent. Another 10-15 pounds on his frame would be another nice surprise too.
it was reported that he was working out with J. Smith right?

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Actually, Ricky Williams has a social anxiety disorder. So I don't know if it's fair to say he just wanted to smoke no matter what. He likely smoked to cope with his anxiety disorder also.
Yep, i watched a documentary about him, the guy was really not in a good spot in his head, struggled with every day things and smoking helped him cope.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Reduced from 4 games to 3 games.

Must've been his first suspension.

Have we even got confirmation that Gregory failed a 2nd test?
He was suspended last year as well. For weed. Funny thing is, the way this suspension played out, it doesnt count as another infraction against him. So he could do it again next year and still only get 10 games not the full year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
As a football coach who coached against Randy, I hope that returning to the team and practicing helps give him the structure he needs to get his life on track.

As a Cowboy fan who is tired of watching QB's sit in the pocket for what seems like forever, I hope that he gets back on the field and can help improve the pass rush.

popp1234

Reaction score
As a football coach who coached against Randy, I hope that returning to the team and practicing helps give him the structure he needs to get his life on track.

As a Cowboy fan who is tired of watching QB's sit in the pocket for what seems like forever, I hope that he gets back on the field and can help improve the pass rush.

Good stuff!

hendog

Reaction score
I'm pulling for him to get his life in order first and be a productive member of this team second.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I remember seeing that his latest issue was that he missed a test which is automatically deemed a positive test result. If he is appealing, maybe there was a mistake made by the league or the testing company. Who knows what happened but if they are going to let him start practicing and not issue a ruling on the appeal, maybe that is a good sign. It is taking much longer than McClain's deal so maybe there is some good news coming.
McClain missed the test.

My understanding is that he failed a test but his representatives are saying that the sample was not handled correctly (chain of custody type issue).

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Quick reminder: the last official word from the NFL was: "Failed a test? New suspension? That's news to us. We don't know a thing about it."

When the *NFL* says there was a failed/missed drug test and the *NFL* says there's a new suspension being appealed right now it will mean something.

The NFL hasn't said one ******* word about a new failed drug test or a new suspension being appealed by Randy Gregory. The only source for this are media people who keep repeating one another without any confirmation of this by the NFL itself.