Randy Gregory Expected To Retire

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Things sure went south in a hurry with the situation in TB. At least the headline didn't say 'former Dallas Cowboy' like I expected.

Randy Gregory Expected To Retire
by Adam La Rose
August 22nd, 2024

Entering the NFL as a Cowboys second-rounder, Gregory’s most productive season came with Dallas in 2018 (six sacks). The early portion of his career was marred by suspensions, though, and four substance abuse bans left him sidelined for the 2017 and ’19 campaigns. A deal seemed to be in place to remain with the Cowboys in 2022, but that agreement was soon replaced the Broncos one which included the same terms.

If Gregory, 31, does indeed hang up his cleats he will depart the league with 78 combined regular and postseason games to his name. His career earnings check in at roughly $33MM. It would come as a surprise if teams showed interest in him as a free agent given the nature of his Buccaneers exit.

More: https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/08/randy-gregory-expected-to-retire

Randy-Gregory-vertical-215x300.jpg
Made 20mil from the Broncos. Should be set for a life of leisurely weed.
https://overthecap.com/player/randy-gregory/3908

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, one of the bigger scumbags to enter the NFL in the past 10 years. Good riddance. Will be broke in 5-7 years.
I was a big believer in Randy's talent. Unfortunately his mental issues destroyed a promising career. The fact that he made 33 million while being a consistent disappoint (outside of a season or two) is surprising.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well he made 33 million. Can’t complain about that. He’s always battled demons…probably best to handle that and leave football alone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I thought he retired years ago. I remember the "just you wait till he gets it together" posts years ago, he is gonna show you. He showed us all right. How to make big money without accomplishing anything. Another god awful draft pick.
Stupid pick but I have no issue with the risk. Maybe should’ve done it later on though.

basel90

Reaction score
Jerry wasted that pick for sure . Jerry thought he had some way to turn him into a HOFer . Never materialized . There is always a reason why so many passed on him .

quickccc

Reaction score
hard to tell if his retirement is due to legal issues vs NFL, or his mental health and substance addiction plays a part of it.

Maybe just a declining lack of heart and love for game altogether. I pray for him that his health and well being goes well.
It's far more important than football itself.

That all said, i am glad that contract talks broke down per Stephen Cap Boy's escape clauses and incentives and Gregory sought
his career elsewhere - which significantly spared us a hefty, costly busted contract-dead money situation for a player that has been
lost and unfulfilled most of his career.

stinkface

Reaction score
Another small footnote in Cowboys history. Woulda coulda shoulda with his name in small font.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yup and Randy didn’t like how the cowboys protected themselves with language in the contract if he did dumb things
No.

Randy didn’t like that the management changed the language after the fact. It was sneaky by Stephen after Jerry closed the deal.

shabazz

Reaction score
Honestly, one of the bigger scumbags to enter the NFL in the past 10 years. Good riddance. Will be broke in 5-7 years.
Some people have God given talent and are sometimes too dumb or lazy to use it to its fullest.

Takes all kinds