Randy Gregory has been playing lights out

blueblood70

Reaction score
yes his sack totals and stats do not show how disruptive he is in just pushing the pocket or making the qb move early and run..

he has the same speed and first move but looks like he added 20lbs of muscle to that rookie thin frame he had..
ive said all along he reminds me of Ware, has the same type of game, fist step, bend, and is always not just tackling but swiping for sack fumble..

this is why Jerry has kept him around..

when Tank/Gallimore comes back this will even be a better line..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's Jerry's guy. He's getting bags from Jerry. He ain't going nowhere. In the hallway doing an interview after the Bucs game, Jerry drove by in his golf cart, you could Randy's eyes light up when he seen Jerry. He told Jerry something like, we'll get their ***** next time, boss. There's a special bond between them two. Jerry stuck by him because he knew he wasn't a bad guy. For that I can see him giving back a few bags for supporting him through thick and thin.
he is Jerry's war daddy. he is not going anywhere...but it spells the end for Lawrence probably

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
he is Jerry's war daddy. he is not going anywhere...but it spells the end for Lawrence probably

I think you're right. Even if Randy gives Jerry back a few bags for supporting him, he still makes at least 15 million a year. I don't think we can afford two high priced DEs when there's 25 free agents on our team, 21 of them are playing roles on this team, about 10 of those having bigger roles. Jayron Kearse is one of them. As you know Quinn is trusting him with being his signal caller from now on. He signed for only 1.2 million, so if we keep him which I think we will if Quinn comes back, he'll get a nice raise. I have no idea about cap space and how it works but common sense tells me we will lose at least half of those FAs. Thank God we have depth this year with all those injuries, we might not see that next year unless they all want to run it back and defend their SB title. :flagwave:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems we can't have our cake and eat it too. Either RG or DL will be expendable. Can't seem to horde the beast mode players.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He's really been disruptive in both opposing passing and rushing attacks.

He needs to retire a Cowboy.

Extend him asap.
He has moves, and closing speed to the QB that makes you have to take a double take in disbelief.
When he gets off the block he exhibits uncanny acceleration to the point of attack.
The investment has been made with a high level of understanding and tolerance from the Cowboys, rather or not Gregory recognizes that remains to be seen.
I agree regardless, Gregory should be fast tracked and secured.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You people do understand that the man hate football and is playing like a man possessed because he is looking to sign his retirement contract after the year is over. I hope and pray that it is someone else. I love what he is doing for us on the field this year but giving that guy bags and bags of guaranteed money is just stupid.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I doubt we extend him after this season.......look for Stephen to tag him. That will cost us about $20M. The only other option is a long-term deal, probably in the $18-20M range. I don't see Stephen's ready to do that. He made DLaw put together TWO solid years before paying him. I think he will do the same with Randy. Either way, I'm 100% confident he will be on this team 2022.

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/

might use the tag on Schultz but I would definitely like for Gregory to prove it again. Could be Spencer all over again. Aren’t we glad they franchises him instead in extending him long term.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Extend him asap.

If he continues performing as he has I have a feeling we will be outbid come the spring.....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yes his sack totals and stats do not show how disruptive he is in just pushing the pocket or making the qb move early and run..

he has the same speed and first move but looks like he added 20lbs of muscle to that rookie thin frame he had..
ive said all along he reminds me of Ware, has the same type of game, fist step, bend, and is always not just tackling but swiping for sack fumble..

this is why Jerry has kept him around..

when Tank/Gallimore comes back this will even be a better line..
Couldnt agree more, and what you post is true and spot on.
This defense will only improve as this season progresses and we start seeing the benefits of a returning Tank and Gallimore.
We got some comp in the NFC, but if fully healthy, we can play with anyone, all the comp.. that is Arizona, Green Bay, LA rams, Tampa, even New Orleans is right there,,
The healthiest team comes out on top, and this Dallas roster will be getting contributors back soon enough, and that has every team, not just the above listed comparable comp, all looking over their shoulder.
Denver and Atlanta media already trying to figure out how to explain a total pounding.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Extend him asap.

As they’ve been saying ‘he’s gonna get that bag’ (filled with cash).

I agree that the Cowboys have GOT to find a way to keep him but it will be tricky. He and his agent know he’s set to get a huge payday. They also know it will be really difficult for Dallas to franchise tag him because of their cap situation. So they know they have great bargaining leverage and will use it.

In my opinion the move is to extend Gregory and to trade or release Lawrence to free up future money.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I would be OK with the franchise tag but a long term guaranteed contract is not what we should get.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You people do understand that the man hate football and is playing like a man possessed because he is looking to sign his retirement contract after the year is over. I hope and pray that it is someone else. I love what he is doing for us on the field this year but giving that guy bags and bags of guaranteed money is just stupid.
How do you know that he hates the game,, is that a gut feeling or a statement from Gregory that you can support with a factual link?
If you are going to bring a statement and post that, then please provide more than just your opinion.

lkelly

Reaction score
I hope he continues to get angry when it matters.
Like when negotiating with Stephen?

Hulk-The-Snare.jpg

Reactions: BAT

MyFairLady

Reaction score
How do you know that he hates the game,, is that a gut feeling or a statement from Gregory that you can support with a factual link?
If you are going to bring a statement and post that, then please provide more than just your opinion.
Does his career to date strike you as a guy who puts his football career first? Do you think it is a coincidence that he is "breaking out" in a contract year. As good as he has been playing and as disruptive as he has been if you are watching him closely he is 100% sack or nothing. He get cleared out on run plays and is lost upfield on screen plays. He knows that sacks = dollars and that is what he is playing for. You would have to be incredible naïve to think that this level of play will continue for 5 more years. Besides he is 29 years old already. This year is going to be the best Randy you will ever see. Do not pay him based on something that will most likely never happen again. How many times has that burned us in the past and this one is pretty plain and clear for all to see.