Randy Gregory has been playing lights out

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Then I guess its 100 million over 5 years with 60 million guaranteed. Lets go Randy Bobandy excited to see what that contract look like in a couple of years.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
It's not the reality part. You act as if he's trash. Gregory deserves a good contract. How much? That is up for debate. By the way, Quinn's cannot be compared to his output.
Quinn is not much older than Randy and has already had 5 times the career. He has 11.5 sacks for us then we let Chicago overpay him. Sure Randy has had a fantastic 6 game stretch no one is arguing that. Instead of crapping on my contract offers and comparable players why don't you offer up some of your own. Put your money where your mouth is. What are you willing to do to keep him here if you love him so much.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He's really been disruptive in both opposing passing and rushing attacks.

He needs to retire a Cowboy.

Extend him asap.

I like what i see from him.
I can identify with him.
I have great respect for him and how he seems to have mastered the problems in his life.

He brings the right attitude. RKG in the right way.

I would love to see us signing him to a long term contract.

So refreshing to see him in difference to cancers like Jaylon or DFlaw.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I know everyone wants him to be this generational talent that dominates for years but it is unrealistic. He is a guy having a fantastic season but so far after 5 years that is all it is. Heck even the guaranteed money of a franchise tag would scare me with this guy. I would much prefer we reward people who have been bringing it for 4 years straight. It sends a much better message to the locker room as well.

We don't have a guy that has been bringing it for 5 years straight.

I think your asking too much.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Quinn is not much older than Randy and has already had 5 times the career. He has 11.5 sacks for us then we let Chicago overpay him. Sure Randy has had a fantastic 6 game stretch no one is arguing that. Instead of crapping on my contract offers and comparable players why don't you offer up some of your own. Put your money where your mouth is. What are you willing to do to keep him here if you love him so much.

It's not YOUR decision or YOUR problem genius.

Keep this guy.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I remember the main concern was his run defense because he was so skinny. Looks like he’s excelling in run and pass.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Fine.

So long as it's the Dallas Cowboys and the Jones that are overpaying for Gregory.
That kind of gamble, for that kind of edge rusher seems to be well worth it.

If we dared to make Dlaw one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL .....

That's how i feel.. What is it that teams are ALWAYS looking for.??...premier left tackles to protect their QB and pass rushing demons who can create havoc on a defense. Well we have that in Randy already, why let him go now and have the next team reap all the benefits and we go back to looking for a DE. It appears Randy has learned his lessons the hard way and is now becoming a very productive player. He has not played much and that is a good thing now which works to Dallas advantage, not as much wear and tear. Randy and Kearse need to be resigned to continue building this defense.

cowboyed

Reaction score
He's really been disruptive in both opposing passing and rushing attacks.

He needs to retire a Cowboy.

Extend him asap.
If Randy is playing lights out then he is a true circuit breaker.

Reactions: BAT

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm super glad to see this. Gregory has had his problems of getting suspended in past seasons. Many of us were ready to move on from him. It's great to see him get it together and play so well. Plus, I always want to see a Cornhusker succeed. I'm from that part of the country. Zuerlein is also a Cornhusker.