Randy Gregory

Sandyf

Reaction score
The only good thing right now on Gregory is there is no news. He hasn't applied for reinstatement so technically he cost Dallas nothing until that happens IF he is reinstated. According to any information from highly unreliable sources within the news media he is trying to get his life together with his wife and child and possibly could still be going to a rehab facility. So right now we don't really know anything.

IF he has gotten clean and can stay that way and be back in football shape, he could make a difference on the DL with Taco and Lawrence but then again if Tapper can stay healthy, he could also. Really don't believe that Dallas is going to count on either of those guys going into 2018. We can debate who Dallas is going to take in the first two rounds because of this but it seems we fans are really never close to being right except with the Zeke pick.

dfense

Reaction score
He failed a combine drug test when they told him there would be a test. It just doesn't get any dumber than that.

"If I ever draft another stupid player.." ~ Jimmy Johnson

Aven8

Reaction score
Give up on a promising NFL career for weed??

:facepalm:

I could understand any other drug, substance, or anything but weed?? Lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Would be nice...FWIW I saw a tweet from Braoddus a few weeks back that said he was hearing mixed things about Gregory is doing.

Hope he comes back ready to ball
He has probably failed a few more dug tests by now.

cowboysfaninmichigan

Reaction score
Give up on a promising NFL career for weed??

:facepalm:

I could understand any other drug, substance, or anything but weed?? Lol

Yes and no. I've known two people with BiPolar and they both self medicated. One with pills the other with weed. NOT making excuses for the guy, but mental illness is real. He has more to worry about than 'kicking weed'. Just not that simple.

Reaction score
Speaking of giving up the weed......

He could always get the

cash-375x400.png

by selling that same sack of

weed-psd36274.png

Just might have found his new profession that won't cost him millions by retiring from the NFL... LOL
I have been saying for a better part of a year that Gregory should take whatever money he has left, go to a state where pot is legal, and open up a dispensary. He can make his money that way.

It would be much better for him to stay away from the stresses of the NFL, which he clearly cannot handle. I think he would have a much happier life. I really do.

Reaction score
Why? If he is clean and is re-instated, give him that chance. Look at what Josh Gordon and how he made the Browns offense better in just his few games. Give him a QB and see what he does.
Gregory with the emergence of DLa's season, David Irving, Taco, this can be a very good rotation.
As far as I know, Josh Gordon isn't bi-polar. He was just an out-and-out pothead.

Gregory has medical issues and only pot seems to him cope.

Big difference.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Then the NFL needs to change their stupid policies.

They will but it will most likely be too late for players like Gregory.

Gregory is either going to figure it out or he won't. Pick was a gamble that didn't pay off. Only have to hope that Gambler Jerry has learned from it or more likely, Stephen won't let him gamble that high again.

Sign a risk-guy off the street like Seattle did with Dion Jordan. Don't draft these guys in the 2nd round.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will but it will most likely be too late for players like Gregory.

Gregory is either going to figure it out or he won't. Pick was a gamble that didn't pay off. Only have to hope that Gambler Jerry has learned from it or more likely, Stephen won't let him gamble that high again.

Sign a risk-guy off the street like Seattle did with Dion Jordan. Don't draft these guys in the 2nd round.

Right.
I didn't like the pick then, I didn't like the Jaylon Smith pick. I didn't like some of the stupid stuff they did in the 6th and 7th round trades over the last several years.
But we have to live with them, so I try to support them since the are on the team. So I will give them that opportunity to improve and be the players they hoped they would / will be.
But I don't want to see it again. This is why we are an 8-8 team. but the FO think they are smarter than everyone else, but they are just dumb on these issues.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Feeling better about dline as Taco is coming around, with a healthy productive Gregory it could be a dangerous and deep front.

dfense

Reaction score
Idk man if he has anxiety is it dumb to smoke and calm down irrational scary thoughts of self harm?
If he has issues like that, I feel bad for him. But that makes him even less dependable. I'm sure there's a plethora of other avenues of self help available for a professional athlete besides the illegal variety.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Josh Gordon came back for CLE and made an immediate impact and is a weapon going forward

He was 10x more broken than RGregory imo......if he can make back so can RG94

If he has stayed clean for the past year then that is the hard part