Randy Gregory

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If he has issues like that, I feel bad for him. But that makes him even less dependable. I'm sure there's a plethora of other avenues of self help available for a professional athlete besides the illegal variety.
A weak person waits for the man to tell them something is ok. When they know themselves it’s good for them.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Charlton plays the run very well..... that is better suited for LDE

Problem is that Tank plays the run better, and is 5 times the pass rusher. And I may be underexaggerating.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Problem is that Tank plays the run better, and is 5 times the pass rusher. And I may be underexaggerating.
Tank took some time to blossom......Taco has the frame and will to get better

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
What about:

RDE Irving/Gregory
3DT Collins
1DT Poe
LDE Lawrence/Taco

In perfect world, this is right solution. Not sure if Cowboys willing to pay 3 big salaries on DL however, Poe would be considered a luxury in this scheme. Traditional 1Tech is 2 down player. Irving is best 3Tech on team, probably best overall DL as well.

And Taco is a first rounder, expectation is that he should be starter. Paying Tank would go against Stephen's economic model.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So you are advocating not re-signing Tank and start Taco at LDE?
Never said that

I would give Tank 5/60m......30m gtd
Taco can play both IMO with better technique and strength

jaybird

Reaction score
Would be nice...FWIW I saw a tweet from Braoddus a few weeks back that said he was hearing mixed things about Gregory is doing.

Hope he comes back ready to ball
That's a nice pipe dream- pun intended

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In perfect world, this is right solution. Not sure if Cowboys willing to pay 3 big salaries on DL however, Poe would be considered a luxury in this scheme. Traditional 1Tech is 2 down player. Irving is best 3Tech on team, probably best overall DL as well.

And Taco is a first rounder, expectation is that he should be starter. Paying Tank would go against Stephen's economic model.
Poe played this season on a 1-year, 8M deal. That is not a big committment. The ideal Marinelli snap counts at DT (2 DTs so scale is to 200%):
1tech 60%
3tech 60%
3tech 60%
1tech backup 20%

cowboysfaninmichigan

Reaction score
Right.
I didn't like the pick then, I didn't like the Jaylon Smith pick. I didn't like some of the stupid stuff they did in the 6th and 7th round trades over the last several years.
But we have to live with them, so I try to support them since the are on the team. So I will give them that opportunity to improve and be the players they hoped they would / will be.
But I don't want to see it again. This is why we are an 8-8 team. but the FO think they are smarter than everyone else, but they are just dumb on these issues.

Yep. You NEVER see the Pat or Steelers gamble like that with high picks. 2nd round picks should be cherished and protected, not gambled away. It's a big reason why we are good, but not good enough.