2. Aaron Rogers
3. Russell Wilson
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Drew Brees
6. Matt Ryan
7. Tom Brady*
8. Dak Prescott
9. DeShaun Watson

*Be interesting to see how he does outside of NE.

I’d say that’s pretty accurate although I think Dak is better than Lamar Jackson just in terms of actually QB’ing and throwing the ball. I think a lot of Jackson’s success is predicated off him being a special threat running the ball ala Mike Vick in his prime.

quickccc

Reaction score
thanks for sharing:
here's a shot at my QB list:

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Aaron Rogers
3. Tom Brady
4 Russell Wilson
5. Lamar Jackson
6 Drew Brees
7. Kyle Murray
8 DeShaun Watson
9. Carson Wentz
10 Dak Prescott
11 Jared Goff
12 Jimmy Garapolo
13 Matthew Stafford
14 Kirk Cousins
15 Matt Ryan
16 Josh Allen
17 Derek Carr
18 Ben Roethlisberger
19 Phillip Rivers
20 Baker Mayfield

:D

Last edited:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
What????? I loved having Romo but he had 3 season out of 10 in which Dallas won double digit wins. 2007, 2009 and 2014 had at least 11 wins.

Thats not romos fault. Daks has better teams in 4 years than romo had in 10.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Aaron Rogers
3. Russell Wilson
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Drew Brees
6. DeShawn Watson
7. Matt Ryan
8. Tom Brady
9. Ben Roethlisberger
10. Carson Wentz
11. Dak Prescott
12. Josh Allen
13. Matthew Stafford
14. Philip Rivers
15. Kirk Cousins
16. Jared Goff
17. Jimmy Garapolo
18. Ryan Tanehil
19. Derek Carr
20. Kyler Murray
21. Teddy Bridgewater
22. Baker Mayfield
23. Sam Darnold
24. Drew Lock
25. Minshew
26. Daniel Jones
27. Dwayne Hopkins
28. Mitch Trubisky

TBD
Joe Burrow
Tyrod Taylor/Herbert
Tua
Patriots starter

This was not easy to do.

I have Dak as 11.

But I'd take him today over Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, and Wentz when building a franchise.

Just because of their age and Wentz's health issues

Curious to see other lists....especially the "Dak haters!"
we could argue this until cows come home...but I don't think Roth is top 10 any more.....and I wouldn't put wentz there neither.

DFWJC

Reaction score
When ranking these QBs, some here need to insert that QB into our offense with our o-line , RB, and WRs.
Very few of them have had the privileges (on offense).
How would they look then?

sean10mm

Reaction score
Comparing all QBs from 2016-2019, Dak is:

#1 (tied) games started
#2 in wins (Brady is #1)
#2 (tied) in PFR approximate value
#2 (tied) in game winning drives
#5 (tied) in 4th quarter comebacks
#6 in yards
#6 in adjusted net yards per attempt
#8 in completion %
#9 in passer rating
#9 in touchdowns
#9 in yards per attempt
#10 in (best) interception %

Either he's able to rank high in everything, with trash tier coaching and a silly old drunk at GM, while simultaneously being a bad player because of ~EVIL DAK MAGIC~ or you kind of have to accept that he's somewhere in the 6-10 range, give or take.

When ranking these QBs, some here need to insert that QB into our offense with our o-line , RB, and WRs.

With Garrett at head coach? Probably the same. Look at Romo's career win %. No coach could extract 8 losses out of a top 5 passing season like Garrett.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Thats not romos fault. Daks has better teams in 4 years than romo had in 10.

Oh not his fault? You mean he needs talent around him? Dak does have very good talent on the team when they are playing, but he has seen games with Tyron out, Martin out and Frederick out leaving us with backups across the OL, but that is not an excuse injuries are just part of the game, right?. Fact is to win be it Dak or Romo or any QB talent around the QB is a must. People making clams he has to have talent? which QB does not need talent around them. SB teams are loaded with talent not just the QB.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
IMO, there are 4 real stud QB's. Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson.

After that, there is a huge tier of guys who are going to be "eye of the beholder" type QB's. Depending on their teammates, they can look good or mediocre but are all good enough to win games on a quality team. There might be 10-15 guys like that and a few young'ins might join the list next year. Dak is certainly in that tier.

Differentiating between those QB's enough to rank them is an exercise in subjective futility. There are people here who swear Dak is better than Watson. Really? If the two switched teams, the same people would be swearing that Watson is better. So much of it is about teammates and coaching that it overwhelms the small differences in talent between these guys.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Reading these threads make me wonder if people watch other teams besides the Cowboys? Heck, do you guys even watch the Cowboys?

Have to laugh that people keep listing Deshaun Watson as a sure fire top 10 qb, but Dak is middle of the road or lower?

sean10mm

Reaction score
I mean, either Jerry is a senile drunk at GM who screws up constantly, or the Cowboys have had a roster that lives up to the preseason hype fans buy into every year, but you can't have both.

Like all of 2017 and the half of 2018 without Cooper the receiving corps was scrub tier. Zeke missed a bunch of 2017 and the OL regressed horribly in 2018. Where does this "dream roster" crap even come from? Fumes from the 2016 run? It's mostly been good but the idea that other teams can't sniff the mighty Cowboys offensive weapons is a bit silly.

2016 was really the only season where everything came into place and gave Dak the elite supporting cast, but people act like that continued unabated for the next 3 seasons after that and it's just BS.

John813

Reaction score

How about coaching?
Did they have a coach that would neuter the gameplan on the road? Or be too stubborn to help the failing LT from stopping an average DE from amassing 6 sacks in a single game?

I think only Wilson has done well without being loaded at receivers. But he did have an underrated one in Baldwin, and when they were making the SB he had Marshawn Lynch as his RB.

Some of the QB's ahead of Dak have had equal talent on the wings and have had way better coaches too.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Oh not his fault? You mean he needs talent around him? Dak does have very good talent on the team when they are playing, but he has seen games with Tyron out, Martin out and Frederick out leaving us with backups across the OL, but that is not an excuse injuries are just part of the game, right?. Fact is to win be it Dak or Romo or any QB talent around the QB is a must. People making clams he has to have talent? which QB does not need talent around them. SB teams are loaded with talent not just the QB.

Exactly. I've never been on who said dak can only win with talent around him. Just pointing out his teams were pretty legit the last years. More well rounded teams for sure. Hopefully it stays that way.

Aikman had it the best by far lol

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
How about coaching?
Did they have a coach that would neuter the gameplan on the road? Or be too stubborn to help the failing LT from stopping an average DE from amassing 6 sacks in a single game?

I think only Wilson has done well without being loaded at receivers. But he did have an underrated one in Baldwin, and when they were making the SB he had Marshawn Lynch as his RB.

Some of the QB's ahead of Dak have had equal talent on the wings and have had way better coaches too.

I would say the ONLY QB that has had it as good as Dak for more than a year (combine the 5 line with with the All Pro RB and good WRs) is Brees. And he had a better play caller too.

None of the other QBs have had it as good.....overall with offesnive talent (oline, RB, WRs)
Wilson, not now but earlier, had a solid oline and RB. Ok WRs for awhile, but not great
Rodgers has never even once had a 1st round WR or RB --which is astounding.
Stafford has never had a RB and his line has usually been porous. He did have a great WR years ago for awhile.
Cousins had a good RB for most of a season and had good WR, but a lessor oline.
Brady had Moss a year, and never anyone like Zeke. But his lines are usually good.
Ryan had the weapons but less of an oline.
etc, etc, etc.
Go down the list. All of them have at least one gaping hole between either Oline, RB, or WR group.

As for Romo, I do think 2014 was comparable to what Dak has had every year. Certainly the line. And way back in 2007 too...though Zeke is way better than Barber and that line was a bit old, but still very good.
Those teams were 13-3 and 12-4 , btw.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Worry about something else. He is resetting the market and it is what it is. I'm not thrilled and I'm a Dak fan. I greedy, I want more money to throw at the "D". :)

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I’d say that’s pretty accurate although I think Dak is better than Lamar Jackson just in terms of actually QB’ing and throwing the ball. I think a lot of Jackson’s success is predicated off him being a special threat running the ball ala Mike Vick in his prime.

2019 Passing Only Stats Comparison

Jackson

265 completions 401 attempts 66.08 comp % 3,127 yards 7.8 ypa 36 TD's 6 Int's (leaving out his 1,200+ yards rushing and 7 rushing TD's)

Prescott

388 completions 596 attempts 65.1 comp % 4,902 yards 8.2 ypa 30 TD's 11 Int's

Dallas was a pass heavy team whereas Baltimore was a run heavy team.......and yet Jackson had a better completion % and TD to INT ratio.