FEATURED Rapoport: Cowboys have agreed to terms with McCarthy to be next head coach

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Not that anybody cares, but I like this hire.

I'm excited about Cowboys football for the first time in a while.

My biggest concern is what happens to the run game, but as long as we can actually score points against good teams, I don't care how we do it
That was my thought. Was it the Packers never had a rb is that why they didn’t run the ball and you had rodgers or did McCarthy just want rodgers to throw a lot. Time will tell

pansophy

Reaction score
None of those guys did **** after they were fired either. Belichick was never given a real chance on Cleveland.
Um, no coach has ever won a super bowl with a new team, even the infallible Jimmy Johnson. So there are a lot of circumstances that go into actually winning the super bowl. McCarthy knows how to build a winning program and that's all a coach can do. The rest is on Jerry and the players.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All jokes aside, I'm very surprised this was such a quick search.

And does this mean Garrett was fired? Or do we currently have two head coaches?
it was rather fast, like they already had the principle players and were hammering out the fine print.
Jerry: Now Mike, I'm large and in charge, you dig?
Mike: It's nice to have job security. Do I do anything?
Jerry: Smiles...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That was my thought. Was it the Packers never had a rb is that why they didn’t run the ball and you had rodgers or did McCarthy just want rodgers to throw a lot. Time will tell
Hard to say when ARod was reportedly changing nearly half the plays on Mike.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Love it! McCarthy is a WC guy. So get prepared for short and quicker passes, screens, passes to running backs, etc. I hated the Garrett offense with a passion. Air Coryell just needs to take out to pasture to die.

Lastly, McCarthy has a track record and experience. I'm sick and tired of these coaches and training who never do a damn thing for 10 years.

And he's good with QBs. I think he's EXACTLY what Dak needs.

kumizi

Reaction score
Let's just hope he is a changed man like he has been saying he is. Because otherwise, this is just a repackaged JG. Same ole we're gonna line them up and out execute them. No innovation or game planning.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

The problem for McCarthy was that as the talent drained, he failed to innovate. His scheme went stale and he didn’t adapt. As one personnel man puts it, McCarthy "got full off his own juice." He believed his system—not the Packers’ absurd amount of talent—was the foundation for the offensive success. But raw rookies cannot bust free one-on-one like, say, Jennings or Nelson or Jones.

Tension with Rodgers over the play-calling became part of the DNA of the offense itself. Rodgers felt the system was bland, so he increasingly played Superman.

Many believe Rodgers, the QB with the best career passer rating (103.1) in NFL history, was 100 percent justified in overruling his coach’s play calls, and that the Packers would’ve deteriorated more precipitously if he hadn’t put that cape on. The personnel man says the Packers’ passing offense was essentially "Get open" and that they basically ran the same routes for seven years straight, to the point where division rivals "constantly" called out plays pre-snap and jumped routes.

No wonder the slant route, once so lethal, went extinct.

Where were the route combinations? The motion? The misdirection? "It’s like, ‘Dude, you have to adjust! The league changes!’" the personnel man says. "You’ve got to be humble enough to follow it. If you can’t adapt, you die. He definitely didn’t adapt. You can’t run 90 back-shoulders into coverage. I don’t care who you are. Things got so stale."

Rodgers had no choice but to seize control, and each year, he took more.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Good luck, my favorite furry. I believe you will succeed.

Thankies!!! As for the fun thing, I might be finally getting a fursuit soon!! I struck a deal over Christmas with someone. Just need to make a duct tape dummy, and send it to my friend who's making it along with some art.