Rapoport: Cowboys haven't offered Dak a contract extension

MS17

Reaction score
The only thing better would be Dak requesting a trade.
Well, there is one thing maybe. The negotiations with a trading partner for Dak go swimmingly and Jerruh agrees to throw Rowdy in to sweeten the deal.
There you have it, a great trade.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why would he accept a team friendly deal to play for this team?
Because Dak needs the help to get better players around him. Plus, $40 - $45 million per year is more than enough for any starting QB to live with. Let's get real now. No QB should be able to handicap a team salary cap-wise just because today's NFL, owners and NFLPA have totally lost control of QBs' ever increasing exorbitant salaries which are crippling teams. It's happening to us right now, yet you choose the player over the team?

Carson

Reaction score
Regardless of outcome, there are some bitter old folks in this thread man! Sheesh!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny how you think Dak had an opportunity with no run game and no run defense.
Ha ha ha ha keep those laughs coming bud.........................The talent that has surrounded your man is next to none in the NFL and all he did was lay Eggs!!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because Dak needs the help to get better players around him. Plus, $40 - $45 million per year is more than enough for any starting QB to live with. Let's get real now. No QB should be able to handicap a team salary cap-wise just because today's NFL, owners and NFLPA have totally lost control of QBs' ever increasing exorbitant salaries which are crippling teams. It's happening to us right now, yet you choose the player over the team?

Take a discounted deal please life will not be the same.
Oops, they have not offered any deal?
How could that be you're the MVP?
I'll follow you Dakster wherever you go with love and support like no other.
Dakky don't leave pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :muttley:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
After 8 years of their abuse, it's a sincere pleasure to watch them suffer the price of reality!!!
Yes, the truth sooner or later always rises to the TOP!!!
We’ve told em, Pappy.

1 more year and a lot em will go away with Dak.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
We could see a trade if dak is a gentleman. We don’t want this player anymore. Yes you can draft someone lesser. So what. It’s enough of this rah rah baby garbage !

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak and his luggage to the LV Raiders for Minshew and multiple picks.... it just feels right.
It does feel right and I’m hoping we do trade him to get something for him. Let Trey play this season and stock up on picks for 2025. With Dak at QB 2024 would have been a wasted year because we won’t win the Super Bowl, especially with a weaker roster. I’m hoping Dak blinks and waves his NTC.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’ve told em, Pappy.

1 more year and a lot em will go away with Dak.
Man, they don't get it and they never will.
It's not about Dak, its about the COWBOYS.
Yes my passions for the STAR are next to none!!!!
Seeing all these years the waste of having such an inept QB keep this talented team from glory was a sin indeed!
The STAR and its GLORY above ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enough already!

erod

Reaction score
This gives me hope that they're waking to this overrated glorified backup.

But I'm not holding my breath.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
It seems that Dak won't be receiving a contract extension. This information is already widely known under the table.