Rapoport: Cowboys haven't offered Dak a contract extension

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If they don't reach an agreement before the season then why would Dak reach an agreement in season? His best bet is to get his highest payday is to test FA. This is more than likely his last contract before he retires
If Dak was having a bad season I think that would give him some incentive to reach an agreement rather than risk having the Cowboys decide to move on from him. From everything his brother has been saying, Dak wants to be a Cowboy. He grew up a fan of the team. He could end up on a team that has a lot more issues than the Cowboys if he leaves in free agency unless he’s just interested in money.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If Dak was having a bad season I think that would give him some incentive to reach an agreement rather than risk having the Cowboys decide to move on from him. From everything his brother has been saying, Dak wants to be a Cowboy. He grew up a fan of the team. He could end up on a team that has a lot more issues than the Cowboys if he leaves in free agency unless he’s just interested in money.
You think it's up to Dak, huh?

HAHA

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone post probably the real reason Dak has not been extended. I think he wants a record breaking contract.
I don’t think Dak is looking for a record breaking deal, which is why it hasn’t been posted. He understands that his playoff record doesn’t warrant it and he understands that we have two other players we have to extend. He’s been better than Russell Wilson, but he hasn’t had the teams, running game and great defenses Wilson has had. Once those teams declined so did Wilson. We would have a championship if we had Beast Mode and the Legion of Boom. Our defense is a Legion of Quitters.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If they don't reach an agreement before the season then why would Dak reach an agreement in season? His best bet is to get his highest payday is to test FA. This is more than likely his last contract before he retires
Dak has enough money already. He could go to the team he thinks he has the best of winning or go to a team for the money.

He may very well be in a Tyron Smith situation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t think Dak is looking for a record breaking deal. He understands that his playoff record doesn’t warrant it. He’s been better than Russell Wilson, but he hasn’t had the teams, running game and great defenses Wilson has had. Once those teams declined so did Wilson.
I think he’s betting on himself and yeah he’s betting because he has nothing to lose.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak fans are in shambles right now and it's showing.
It will be interesting to see Dak play for a different team. It will be more interesting to see what the Cowboys do at the quarterback position. I doubt Lance is the future, but Dak couldn’t play forever. The sooner they start looking for their next QB the sooner they’ll find him.

jwitten82

Reaction score
What did Rapaport say? Even as a Dak fan I already know once he wasn’t signed to clear cap space they are going to sign him at his peak foolishly.
"The #Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have a mutual understanding of his contract situation, sources say, with no offers from Dallas despite him being in a contract year. Owner Jerry Jones said, “We are where we are, locked and loaded for this year.”

No indication a deal is coming."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see Dak play for a different team. It will be more interesting to see what the Cowboys do at the quarterback position. I doubt Lance is the future, but Dak couldn’t play forever. The sooner they start looking for their next QB the sooner they’ll find him.
They have shown post Aikman they will try anyone at QB.