Rapoport: Cowboys haven't offered Dak a contract extension

Chasing6

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see Dak play for a different team. It will be more interesting to see what the Cowboys do at the quarterback position. I doubt Lance is the future, but Dak couldn’t play forever. The sooner they start looking for their next QB the sooner they’ll find him.
Good GM's have a transition plan and we do not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"The #Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have a mutual understanding of his contract situation, sources say, with no offers from Dallas despite him being in a contract year. Owner Jerry Jones said, “We are where we are, locked and loaded for this year.”

No indication a deal is coming."
Basically this is confirming what has already been shown?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think Dak is looking for a record breaking deal, which is why it hasn’t been posted. He understands that his playoff record doesn’t warrant it. He’s been better than Russell Wilson, but he hasn’t had the teams, running game and great defenses Wilson has had. Once those teams declined so did Wilson.
I just think Dak has France for an agent for a reason and the man takes no discounts. Look what he did for Burns with the Giants.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've seen a few different numbers for Dak's cap hit for next year if he plays this year out and signs elsewhere. I'm not saying that is going to happen. I am just wondering what the cap hit is for next year if Dak signs elsewhere.

NotForLong

Reaction score
It’s really funny with all Dak has had thru the years in terms of all pro offensive players some HOF guys but that wasn’t enough now let’s mortgage the future so we can get better HOF all pro players so he can disappear come playoffs, you just have to laugh at Stan’s , just need 10 HOF offensive players and the 85 bears D to carry Dak, that’s not asking too much is it.
And when they do not provide it for Dak (an impossibility) . Just go ahead and blame the Coaches and management or "The Culture"

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But but but but but but PAPPY the extension is guaranteed 100% cause Jerry is Jerry you know what I'm saying bud?
Yes, Jerry is Jerry but Daktrash has in the last 4 years couldn't even convince the worst GM in the NFL to give him that extension that some of you considered a gimmie!
That is how bad PRESTRASH is...........even Jerry came to see the light!!!!
For you Dak-Davidians ENJOY while you still can as his egg-laying is ending after this season!

RoboQB

Reaction score
One would think the phone lines should begin lighting up at any moment now. I mean, an MVP-runner up with no talks on an extension. Surely several teams may peak the interest of Tad. I'm sure Dak would gladly waive the NTC
for another fat contract.

RoboQB

Reaction score
But but but but but but PAPPY the extension is guaranteed 100% cause Jerry is Jerry you know what I'm saying bud?
Yes, Jerry is Jerry but Daktrash has in the last 4 years couldn't even convince the worst GM in the NFL to give him that extension that some of you considered a gimmie!
That is how bad PRESTRASH is...........even Jerry came to see the light!!!!
For you Dak-Davidians ENJOY while you still can as his egg-laying is ending after this season!
I picture certain members dropping to the ground and screaming at the sky after reading that...lol

Aven8

Reaction score
These fools will wait until in season to extend him. Wait for it folks

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would he accept a team friendly deal to play for this team?
Lots of LAUGHS (Not that I care) when Prestrash becomes an FA.
The offers will be slim to none at the $ Todd and Dak want and if he finds a starting job he will fall from grace to the bench before his 1st season.