Rapoport: Cowboys haven't offered Dak a contract extension

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
If they let Dak walk for a comp pick this is dumbest operation in football. Trade him now or extend him. You have to get a better rereturn.
Exactly. If we are gonna move on, let's do it. That's fine. But we are wasting the opportunity of setting ourselves up for the future if we don't trade him

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
How many regular season winning parades did you attend?
How many games did you enjoy us winning? Do you remember what it felt like to have no chance the second the season started? The owners are sabotaging the team and somehow we still win games. What happens to your enjoyment of football when we don't even have that anymore? The joneses are the idiots that got us in this mess. You think they're the ones to find a way out?!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jerry is playing hardball with Dak and his super greedy agent. That's good! Dak needs to accept a team friendly deal......or else 2024 will be his last year as a Dallas Cowboy.
I wonder what the Cowboys are offering and what his agent wants. Fans seem to be picking sides but who is being greedy or cheap. Are the Cowboys offering a deal less than Hurts/Herbert or does Dak want to be the highest paid player in the league. I am torn. I can see both sides.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I wonder what the Cowboys are offering and what his agent wants. Fans seem to be picking sides but who is being greedy or cheap. Are the Cowboys offering a deal less than Hurts/Herbert or does Dak want to be the highest paid player in the league. I am torn. I can see both sides.
It literally says "Cowboys haven't offered Dak"

Is this what cope looks like?

stiletto

Reaction score
I don't believe Dak is the guy. Let me be clear. I just think it's going to get much much much worse with whoever the Joneses eye as his replacement.
It's terrifying but I think you have to try to do something else at some point...even if it means being worse for a bit. 12-5 and getting embarrassed isn't more fun than going 6-11 with a QB that hasn't reached his ceiling. At some point you have to try. I am ready to try something else. I get it, a lot of fans are happy with 12-5 but it's hollow at some point.

Swagger

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past Prescott to cave in and stay. I just really hope he's delusional and actually regards himself as highly as his brother (the second best QB in the league) and joins a team like the Raiders for the money.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past Prescott to cave in and stay. I just really hope he's delusional and actually regards himself as highly as his brother (the second best QB in the league) and joins a team like the Raiders for the money.
It’s not Daks decision to stay after next season.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
It's terrifying but I think you have to try to do something else at some point...even if it means being worse for a bit. 12-5 and getting embarrassed isn't more fun than going 6-11 with a QB that hasn't reached his ceiling. At some point you have to try. I am ready to try something else. I get it, a lot of fans are happy with 12-5 but it's hollow at some point.
I am happy to move on from Dak. But we need to figure out a way to do it that benefits us, too. Not working with him for a trade is like trading Cooper for paint chips because Jerry was mad at him. Or if he won't accept that, cut him and tank the season for a high draft pick. Let's say we win 11 games this year with Dak and he walks. We pick in the low 20s and get what, the third or fourth rated QB in a bad year for QBs? All while the esteemed front office drops the ball on extensions and refuses to sign any new players cause theyre too cheap to do anything?

I don't trust the Joneses at all to find the next guy and build a team around him unless we pick in the top 5 and the dude is literally staring right at them.

Brax

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m sure 3 all-pro linemen and the top ranked scoring defense and turnover defense and 3 1000 yard WRs in one season and a league leading RB that averaged 5 YPC on first down and the youngest team in the league when Dak stepped on board was not building one..
Lies all lies you hater, it was Dak that carried the team