Twitter: Rapoport implying Dak may not play Sunday?

fifaguy

Reaction score
How anticlimactic would that be? Lol
Mine as well extend Garrett now Jerry :facepalm:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don’t think you guys realize the extent of this injury. He may not come back the same, especially if it turns out to be his rotator cuff. Did you guys see what happened to Cam Newton after his shoulder injury? Cam was always “questionable” and everyone said “he’s a warrior, he’ll play.” And he never played in the latter half of that season....Rapaport is usually right when it comes to stuff like this.

We’re playing with fire here.

You're freaking out, man.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Philly radio also said he was doubtful. They know more than they are letting on. This whole situation is fishy. I don’t know who to trust. Dak is questionable to play, but is likely a game time decision. It’d be stupid to tell the Eagles that Dak isn’t playing. They have to prepare for Dak and Cooper Rush now.
You listen to Philly radio in Beverly hills, ca and live on a Dallas cowboys website?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You listen to Philly radio in Beverly hills, ca and live on a Dallas cowboys website?
The Beverly Hills thing was a throwback to our luxury culture and how Jerry Jones set up a Beverley hills culture. I do not and cannot afford to live in Beverley hills.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I will say this, playing and playing effectively are two entirely different things. I mean the practice is one thing but NFL game-level is a different monster.

In a little late on this, but how did he imply he might not play Sunday? Lol nothing he said implied that. Did you just want some clicks on your thread?

Vomit

Reaction score
Here's a new nightmare scenario for everyone.

Dak doesn't play, we lose and miss the playoffs, and Garrett gets an extension because his starting QB was injured.

Likely? No. Possible? Yes
Oh god and little baby Jeebus, that is the worst scenario. And quite likely knowing our “GM”

Nav22

Reaction score
Watched the clip.

He’s not implying Dak might not play. Not even close.

Dak’s playing.

KayJay1971

Reaction score
We all know in the past that kind of thing was rampant, but to send a franchise QB to POSSIBLY do more damage to a throwing shoulder and not feel it because of the injection seems foolhardy, when we have an Pro Bowl O-line, a franchise RB and a backup QB that should be able to throw with a limited game plan of throws. and BTW, do we think Dak is anxious to tear up a shoulder further IF its injured in the midst of a contract year?

There are many factors and ifs in this situation and we truly dont know the true extent of the injury

If we truly don't know the extent of the injury then why is there any speculation one way or the other. Dak knows his body better than anyone else. If he says he can play, then I have to believe he knows best.

Praxit

Reaction score
...ESPN boss said we need to blow up the ratings. Hey I know, lets say Dak probably wont play. ...Ahh, .. that should do it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
how bad was Emmitts shoulder when he played in the same type of game against a divisional rival, im betting worse then daks and hes in a jackhammer type postion on every play at RB..

grow pair and play like it matters..no excuses..

plasticman

Reaction score
Here's a new nightmare scenario for everyone.

Dak doesn't play, we lose and miss the playoffs, and Garrett gets an extension because his starting QB was injured.

Likely? No. Possible? Yes
Here is another nightmare scenario....

Dak can't play and the Cowboys still win with Cooper Rush.

Dak comes back in time for the wildcard and the Cowboys pull it off.

The divisional round becomes the "Garrett Bowl" and the Cowboys win.....

They lose big in the Conference championship game.

Now, in one hand, the Cowboys underachieved in the regular season. However, this was the farthest the Cowboys have gone into the playoffs since 1995.....25 years.

If the Cowboy win in the divisional round, in spite of losing Dak for the elimination Eagles game, does Garrett keep his job?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
So is this a story developed in case Dak doesn’t produce stats that jump off the page? Something the commentary can be colorful on if Dak misses a target? Philly gonna force Dak to beat them by way of box stacking?

Stay tuned

Gaede

Reaction score
Here is another nightmare scenario....

Dak can't play and the Cowboys still win with Cooper Rush.

Dak comes back in time for the wildcard and the Cowboys pull it off.

The divisional round becomes the "Garrett Bowl" and the Cowboys win.....

They lose big in the Conference championship game.

Now, in one hand, the Cowboys underachieved in the regular season. However, this was the farthest the Cowboys have gone into the playoffs since 1995.....25 years.

If the Cowboy win in the divisional round, in spite of losing Dak for the elimination Eagles game, does Garrett keep his job?

As much as I hate Garrett, making it to the championship game = extension.

It'd be insane to fire someone who got you within 1 game of the superbowl.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
how bad was Emmitts shoulder when he played in the same type of game against a divisional rival, im betting worse then daks and hes in a jackhammer type postion on every play at RB..

grow pair and play like it matters..no excuses..
Yes, if my recollection is correct, Emmitt played that game vs the Giants with a separated shoulder, not a shoulder sprain.
Emmitt became a hero on that day.